How to Move Files from One Dropbox Account to Another?
“Can I move files from one Dropbox account to another? I am using more than one account on Dropbox and wish to transfer certain data from my first account to my newest one. I want to know the method that is not only secure but quick.”
Dropbox is among the best cloud storage facilities available for users on the internet. The service is very secure and allows its customers to store a wide variety of data. However, the free account plan only offers to keep 2GB worth of data on the platform. It is simply not enough, especially if you are an avid user of the cloud storage service.
Most users tackle the limited storage space problem by either purchasing the premium package, which offers them to upload as much as 3TB of data. The other solution for the same user is to create multiple accounts for different purposes.
It is highly suggested to keep data separate for private and professional usage. Still, there will come a time, where you would need to move files from one Dropbox account to another. Luckily, there are some practical ways to perform such an activity.
In this post, we will be discussing the top two techniques to move files from one Dropbox account to another.
Part 1. How to Move Files from One Dropbox Account to another using Dropbox Built-in Feature?
Dropbox offers two built-in features to share data with other accounts or individuals. These options keep your files and folders stored on Dropbox safe. The two ways are as follows:
- Moving files from One Dropbox Account to another using the Shared Folder Option.
- Transfer Data from One Dropbox Account to another via the Shared Link Feature.
In this section, we will show you the method to apply both techniques.
Method 1. Moving Files from One Dropbox Account to another using the Shared Folder Option:
If you wish to apply this method, then Sign In to both of your Dropbox accounts. Entering your login credentials beforehand will permit you to access the data instantly. The steps are as follows:
- Open your Dropbox account via its app or the web browser;
- Click and open the folder that contains the data you wish to share with the other account;
- On the top-right corner of the interface, you will see the “Share” tab, click on it and proceed to the next step;
- A new pop-up window will emerge. Enter the Dropbox email address of the other account with whom you want to share the folder;
- Click on the Share tab available on the bottom-right corner of the pop-up box to finish the process;
- Now access the second account that you had opened in a separate browser;
- Click on Shared button which will be available on the left side of the screen, under the Files section;
- From the Recent tab, you will see the shared folder, click on Add to confirm the sharing process.
- After that, you will be able to access it at any period.
Method 2. Transfer Data from One Dropbox Account to another via the Shared Link Feature.
If you think that the method mentioned above is a bit complicated, then we have an alternative solution for you. You can share the link of the file or folder from your Dropbox account to another. It will prevent you from any additional hassle. Check the following instructions to learn how to use the Shared Link feature of Dropbox.
- Open any file or folder from your Dropbox profile that you intend to share with another account;
- Click on the Share button, and then hit the “Share with Dropbox” option;
- You will see a new pop-up window instantly. Click on Create Link button and then Copy link. Anyone with the newly created link will be able to access your Dropbox’s file or folder without any hurdle.
That’s it! The procedure is as simple as it can get. Many third-party applications provide the users the means to move files from one Dropbox account to another. We will discuss how to use one of such platforms in the next section of the article.
Part 2. How to Move Files from One Dropbox Account to another with CloudFuze?
CloudFuze is one of the top platforms available. It can not only offer its user to move data from one Dropbox to another but other cloud storage platforms as well. The service is available for users of both macOS and Windows.
Please follow the list of steps stated below to learn how to move files from one Dropbox account to another with CloudFuze.
- Sign in or create an account on CloudFuze;
- Add both Dropbox accounts to the platform and proceed forward;
- On the left-hand side of the interface, you will see a list of options. Click on Migrate to enable the file transfer process;
- Select both of your Dropbox accounts and then pick the file or folder you wish to move;
- Click on Migrate tab which will be accessible on the top-right corner of the display;
- A new dialogue box will open as soon as you hit the Migrate button. Click on Confirm Migration and initiate the file transfer process;
- The process will take a few minutes to complete. You will be notified via different channels such as email about the status of Migration.
Now you know the best methods to move files from one Dropbox account to another. In this article, we not only tried using the in-built file sharing feature of Dropbox but also checked it using a third-party app like CloudFuze.
In the end, it is up to you to decide on what method you find safer and better than the other. Feel free to share this article amongst family and friends, especially if they intend to move files from one Dropbox account to another quickly.
You Might Also Like
Different Cloud Accounts Transfer
- Transfer Data between Cloud Accounts
- Transfer Photos from One Google Account to Another
- Transfer Contacts from One Google Account to Another
- Move Files from One Google Drive to Another
- Move Photos from Google Drive to Google Photos
- Move Files from One Dropbox Account to Another
- Link Dropbox to Google Drive
- Transfer Google Docs to Another Account
- Sync Cloud Accounts
- Merge Cloud Accounts
- Merge Google Photos Accounts
- Merge Dropbox Accounts
- Merge Google Drive Accounts
- Merge OneDrive Accounts
- Migrate Cloud Accounts
- Switch Cloud Accounts