The Definitive Guide: Moto Phone Android Oreo Update (G4/G4 Plus/G5/G5 Plus)
Motorola hasn't been very forthcoming when it comes to updates ever since Lenovo bought the company. The late arrival of Nougat update stands testament to this fact and there is no room for doubt that it would be the same with Android 8 Oreo Update or the Oreo Update.
Despite their tardiness, they have managed to be transparent regarding matters related to the timeline of the updates. "This fall", is what they told the users of the Moto phones.
What Moto phones will receive Android 8 Oreo Update
The Moto phones that would receive an Android 8 Oreo Update or the Oreo Update are as follows:
- Moto G5 Plus (XT1684, XT1685, XT1687)
- Moto X4
- Moto G5 (All Models)
- Moto G5S
- Moto G5S Plus
- Moto Z (XT1635-03)
- Moto Z2 Play
- Moto Z Play
- Moto Z2 Force
- Moto Z Force
- Moto G4 Plus (All models)
- Moto G4 (All models)
5 Tips on getting Moto Android Oreo update
Many users have received the Android Oreo Update release date, but a few other users are still scrambling around to get a notification concerning the same in the first place. Here are some of the things you can keep in your mind to keep up with the Android 8 Oreo Update release:
- Keep your hands full - It's always good to keep track of any upcoming updates via Google, the modern messenger. There are various websites like Android Authority out there that are equipped with the required techniques to shed light on the recent and latest changes connected with Android 8 Oreo Update.
- Always be prepared - Following this knowledge, before every update, make sure that you've fully backed up all your data and information someplace safe.
- Try a free version - If you feel like there is a chance you can get caught off-guard with all the new changes, thanks to an Android Oreo Update, you may want to try a free trial (given that you've got a Snapdragon-powered device) and find out for yourself, how well you can cope with it.
- Get the latest software around - Ensure that your device functions under the latest software around. You don't want an Android Oreo Update catching hold off an outdated device in the town (who knows of the destruction it can ensue).
- With patience comes the best - Although trying a leak have got better chances to give your gadget a glitzy touch, it is not the most recommended method, courtesy of bugs and issues. It's for the best if you can wait for the OTA.
7 Reported Risks of Moto Oreo Update
- As mentioned earlier, some minor bugs have caught the wind and plagued the Oreo Update.
- Installation issues are not a fantasy anymore as these tend to visit in the midst or even in the aftermath of an Android 8 Oreo Update more often than preferred.
- Inevitable battery drain is not far on the horizon.
- Wi-Fi problems may be
- Bluetooth problems are another addition to the growing list.
- Random lags and freezes can be considered as the icing on the cake (or not).
- GPS problems, data issues, and voice quality issues are nothing out of the blue.
5 Necessary preparations before Moto Android Oreo Update
- Backing up all your data is a good step to start with.
- You have to make space for the Android Oreo Update in large doses on the internal storage. You do not want a failed attempt at an update hijacking your time and patience.
- There should be a minimum of 50% charge on your device as the whole update may require a charge of 20%. Again, you don't want a halfhearted attempt to chase you to the ends of patience and give you a bite in the rear.
- It is a must to keep all your apps updated. An Android 8 Oreo Update must not come off as an alien to the working apps.
- It is considered wise to schedule the update as you don't want an alert for the same in the middle of the night throwing you off the (metaphorical) cliff.
One click to backup data for Moto Android Oreo Update
dr.fone toolkit - Android Data Backup & Restore is the most trusted backup tool and is compatible with almost all the devices out there. There is no scope for any worry where your device is concerned too. Backing up all your data is a priority as the results of an Oreo Update update are as unpredictable as a tsunami in the west. It goes without saying that prevention is always better than cure.
Flexibly Backup and Restore Android Data to Facilitate Moto Android Oreo Update
- Selectively backup your Moto phone data to computer with one click.
- Preview and restore backup to any phone, be it a Moto or not.
- 8000+ Android devices supported.
- No data lost during backup, export or restore.
- Local backup process that leaks no privacy.
The procedure to backup data is as follows:
Step 1: You need to install the program first and launch dr.fone toolkit successfully on the computer. Choose “Backup & Restore”.
Step 2: You need to now connect your device to the computer. Then click "Backup".
Step 3: Following this step, you must now select all the file types you wish to backup.
Step 4:After you choose the "Backup" tab, the backup process commences.
Step 5: After this, you may view the backed up data by clicking on the "View the Backup" tab.
How to Update Moto Phones to Android Oreo
You can also do it by the way of a wireless Android Oreo update. This can be achieved by checking for the OTA update by accessing Settings > About > System Update. If not, you can follow this guide to install it manually.
The steps given below are the way of doing a manual Moto Android Oreo update.
Step 1: Initially, you must download Oreo OTA zip file (Blur_Version.27.1.28.addison.retail.en.US.zip) for any of your Moto devices that are ready for an Oreo Update, including, Moto G4, Moto G5, Moto G4 Plus, Moto G5 Plus.
Step 2: Now you must access the USB Debugging option from Settings -> Developer Options ->Enable USB Debugging.
Step 3: You have to now boot your Moto device into FastBoot mode by switching off the phone, holding down the Power and Volume buttons down together. Access Recovery Mode and press the power button again. You will now see the dead Android robot with a mock glare(!)
Step 4: Hold down the power button and volume up button.
Step 5: In recovery, you must select “Apply update from ADB”. Connect your device to your computer.
Step 6: You need to now access the ADB folder and you will be met with a command window.
Step 7: Next, you can type in the following command and use the Entry tab:
Windows: adb devices
Mac: ./adb devices
Step 8: If you find your device listed, then you are in for some luck. Type in the below commands, sit back and relax.
Step 9: After the process gets completed, you can now reboot your device.
Oreo Update is surely becoming a conqueror of sorts, having already reached countless devices and has made its mark in a considerable amount of time. Hopefully, your Moto phone is feeding off one too.
- Android 8 Oreo Update
- Update & Flash Samsung
- Android Pie Update