How To Restore Backups To iPhone 13/14?
When you are planning to upgrade your iPhone or wish to buy a new iPhone 14, it is essential to restore the backup from the old phone. The latest iPhone 14 was released on 16 September 2022 and offered many new features.
There are many other reasons to restore backups to iPhone 14, iPhone 13, iPhone 12, or older versions. For example, you may lose data during iPhone repair, accidentally erase essential files from your phone, or data loss after an iOS upgrade.
Therefore, you should always take the regular updates of your phone and restore them when needed. In this article, we have discussed the various ways to convert backups to iPhone 14/13.
Take a look!
Part 1: Restore Backup iPhone 14/13 with Wondershare Dr.Fone
Backup and the restoration of the iPhone 14/13 are a need of time to keep your files safe and secure. So if you are looking for the safest, quickest, and easiest way to restore backup iPhone 14/13, then Wondershare Dr.Fone is an excellent option for you.
Wondershare Dr.Fone is an excellent tool for both restore and backup. You can entirely rely on it as per your needs. It is a versatile tool that is easy to use, and you can take backup and restore files in one click.
Why Choose Wondershare Dr.Fone?
- It offers one click to backup iPhone13, iPhone11, iPhone12, etc., to your system.
- You can easily preview and restore any item, any file, or data from the backup to iOS devices (iPhone 13/14).
- It allows you to restore iCloud/iTunes backups to iPhone/iPad selectively. It means you have the option to select the backup data that you want to restore. This process is quick and fast.
- There will be no data loss on your devices during the transfer, backup, and restoration. It means you can use this tool without getting worried about the important data in your device.
How to Back Up Old iPhone with Wondershare Dr.Fone?
The process of restoration is very fast and helps you save a lot of time. Let's check out the steps to back up the iPhone data with Wondershare Dr.Fone
Step 1. Connect Old iPhone to Dr.Fone
First, you will need to connect your old iPhone with the computer. Now, launch the Dr.Fone on your system and choose the My Backup option from the list.
Step 2. Start to Backup with Dr.Fone
After sucessfully connected. Dr.Fone will automatically detect all file types on your old iOS device. Then click on the "Backup Up Now". The complete backup process will take only a few minutes.
Step 3. View What's Backed Up
When you complete the backup of the old iOS iPhone, you can click "View Backups" to view all the backup history.
How to Restore the Backup to iPhone 14/13 with Wondershare Dr.Fone?
Now, after you take backup on the Dr.Fone, restore it to the new iPhone 14/13. Let's see the steps to restore the backup to the new iPhone 14/13:
Step 1. Connect iPhone 14/13 to Dr.Fone
Connect the new iPhone 14/13 to the Dr.Fone, and the Dr.Fone will display the backup history.
Step 2. Select the Backup File
Upon selecting a file type, such as "call history", all of the file data can be viewed and particular data that requires restoration can be marked. If you want to restore the files to iPhone 14/13, select the desired files and tab on Restore to Device.
Step 3. Restore the backup file
Just in a few seconds, you will have these files on your new iPhone 14/13.
Part 2: Restore iPhone 14/13 using iCloud
You can restore the iPhone 14/13 from the recent backup of your iPhone. When you are switching from old iOS to new or want to update to a new iPhone, then you will need to follow the following steps to restore the backup with iCloud.
How to Restore iPhone 14/13 from iCloud?
Once you've started your new iPhone 14/13 or have reset it, follow the below steps:
- You see the "hello" screen; press the home button on your iPhone 14/13.
- Now, it is the time to choose the language.
- After this, select the country or region.
- Select the Wi-fi network and sign into it.
- Enable or disable the location Services and set up Touch ID on your new iPhone 14/13.
- Now, when you see the "Apps and Data" screen, click on the "Restore from iCloud Backup" option.
- After this, type your Apple ID and password. Also, agree to the Terms and Conditions to move to the next step.
- Finally, choose the backup that you wish to use to restore iPhone 14/13.
- Click on the show all backups to view the older backups on iCloud.
- With this, you can restore the desired backup on your new iPhone 14/13, iPhone 14/13 mini, iPhone 14/13 pro, or iPhone 14/13 pro max.
The Drawback of Using iCloud
- To restore iPhone 14/13 from backup, the device should be connected to the Wi-Fi network because you can't restore the backup on cellular data.
- It may take a lot of time to restore backups to iPhone 14/13 with iCloud, as everything will depend upon your storage.
- If the restore process is not completed, you have to follow all the above-mentioned steps again. This takes a lot of time and can be stressful for you.
Part 3: Restore from Backup Using Computer or MacBook
Are you using a PC or MacBook to backup your iOS devices? If yes, then you can restore it using the computer. Here are the steps that you will need to follow to restore backups to iPhone 14/13 using the system:
How to restore backup On Mac?
With macOS Catalina, Apple replaced iTunes with the Music app. It means backing up and restoring the iOS 15 devices using your system becomes easy under the Finder.
Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, you will need to open the Finder.
- Now, connect your iPhone 14/13 using a USB or lightning cable with the Mac.
- Now, when you see a message asking passcode for your device or Trust This Computer, follow the steps you see on the screen.
- It is time to choose your iPhone 14/13 in the Finder window.
- Now, select the "Restore Backup" option.
- After this, choose the most recent backup and click "Restore."
With the above steps, your Mac will restore iPhone 14/13 using backup files your desired or requested.
But make sure if you want to use Mac for restore backup, there should be a backup of your iOS device either on iCloud or on your system.
How to Restore Backup On Windows?
Are you using Windows and want to restore backups on Windows for your iPhone 14/13? If yes, then you are lucky because Apple still offers iTunes app for Windows 10.
You will need to follow the following steps to restore backup iPhone 14/13 on Windows.
- First, you will need to open iTunes on your system or PC.
- Now, connect your PC with iPhone 14/13 using a USB cable.
- Now, you may see a message asking for your iOS device passcode or trust this computer. You need to follow the onscreen steps for this.
- After this, follow your iPhone 14/13 in the search bar of the system.
- Finally, select to restore a backup. And, again choose the most recent backup. Last, click on the restore icon.
- This is how you are able to restore backups to iPhone 14/13 with the help of your system.
Drawbacks of Using Windows for Rstoration
- It is possible that Windows are slow and may get slow while restoring backup iPhone 14/13.
- The process may take more time.
- You may find it challenging to connect your iOS device with Windows.
So, all in all, if you want to restore backup iPhone 14/13, then Wondershare Dr.Fone is one of the best options for you. It is an easy-to-use, safe, and quick way to get your backup from the old iOS device to the new iPhone 14/13.
iOS 16 would bring you a brand-new experience on iPhone 14/13 and older versions. But, it is important for you to take backup of your old iPhone so that you can restore backup on iPhone 14/13. By doing so, switching a phone will not be difficult for you as you are able to restore the backup and can be stress-free about the loss of your important data.
Wondershare Dr.Fone would give you the best experience. It is the best restore backups to iPhone 14/13 software and protects your new iPhone 14/13 pro Max in the easiest and safest way. Try it now!
Flexibly Back up and Restore iOS Data
- Act as an iOS device manager on PC.
- Backup iOS files wirelessly and automatically.
- Transfer media between iOS and iTunes.
- Restore iCloud backups to iOS without overwriting data.
- Supports the transfer of all data like photos, videos, contacts, etc.
Backup & Restore Data
- iPhone Restore & Restore
- Best iPhone Backup Softwares
- Top Contacts Backup Apps
- Backup iPhone Contacts
- Backup iPhone/iPad to Computer
- Change iTunes Backup Location
- Find iPhone Backup Location
- Backup Data on Locked iPhone
- Extract and Recover iPhone Data
- Recover Deleted iPhone Call History
- Not Enough Space to Restore iPhone Backup
- iPad/iPod Backup & Restore
- Android Backup & Restore
- Best Android Backup Apps
- Best Android Backup Extractor
- Top Android Backup Software
- Backup Android to PC
- Backup Broken Screen Android
- Backup Android Rom/Firmware
- Full Backup Android Phone
- Backup Android to Mac
- Restore Android Phone
- Restore Contacts on Android
- Samsung Backup & Restore