Complete Guide to Backup Android Devices
If you use an Android device, then you should certainly keep performing a timely phone backup. None of us have seen the future. All it takes is one bad update or a malware to corrupt your phone. You might end up losing your contacts, pictures, and other important data in the blink of an eye. To avoid such an unforeseen situation, it is important to know how to backup Android phone. In this guide, we will teach you different ways to backup Android phone, so that you will never lose your data again.
Part 1: How to backup Android with Google (Basic solution)
This is the simplest way to backup Android phone without much hassle. Since every Android phone is linked to a native Google account, you can easily take the backup of your device to it. Though, before you proceed, you need to know that you can take a backup of only selective data to your Google account.
You can take a backup of App data, Contacts, Wifi passwords, phone settings, calendar, etc. With it, you can’t backup your pictures, videos, SMS, and other important data. Nevertheless, you can always sync your device with your Google account and protect your contacts from getting lost. You can learn how to backup Android device with Google account by following these steps.
1. Firstly, go to “Settings” and select the option of “Backup & Reset”.
2. This will provide a list of different features. Check the option of “Backup my data” as well as “Automatic restore” to restore the data again in the future. From the option of “Backup Account”, you can select either an existing account to backup Android phone data or create a new one as well.
3. Now, go back to Settings > Accounts and select “Google” from the list of all the connected accounts. Tap on the account that your phone is already connected with. Here, you can check the kind of data that you want to backup. Just tap on “Sync now” button in order perform phone backup of your device.
That’s it! Your data will be synced to your Google account. You can restore is whenever you want.
Part 2: How to backup Android photos, text messages separately (time consuming solution)
As stated, with Google account, you can only backup selective data. If you wish to backup your photos and SMS, then you need to take the assistance of other applications. Though, it is a time-consuming process, but you can perform it if you have no other alternative.
2.1 Backup Android photos to Dropbox
With Dropbox, you can easily backup your photos and access them from any other device. All you got to do is open your Dropbox account and restore them from the cloud. You might already be familiar with Dropbox. Initially, you get 2 GB of data on the cloud with a free Dropbox account. Though, you can always go for a premium account and get added benefits. Since these files will be saved to Dropbox’s cloud, you won’t face a risk of losing them. In order to learn how to backup Android device and store its pictures to Dropbox, follow these instructions.
1. Download the Dropbox app from Play Store right here. After installing, log-in to the app or create a new account.
2. After launching the app, select the menu button. This will give you a list of various tasks that you can perform. If you wish to upload a picture to your Dropbox account, then tap on the “Upload” button.
3. You will be asked to provide the type of file that you wish to upload. Just tap on “Picture” to continue.
4. Select pictures from your phone’s gallery. You can always switch between different folders here.
5. Your files will start uploading and you will get a message whenever your pictures are successfully uploaded.
You can always create new folders, delete files, or move them from one location to another as well (in your Dropbox cloud). Your files will remain intact and you can access them remotely as well. This makes Dropbox a great option to perform phone backup.
2.2 Backup Android SMS with free Apps
After taking a backup of your photos, you might also need to perform a backup of your SMS as well. There are plenty of freely available apps out there that can let you take the backup of your messages. One of these apps is SMS Backup+ which can let you take backup of SMS and contacts in no time. You can do it by following these steps.
1. Download SMS Backup+ from Play Store right here. Install and launch the application on your device. You might have to connect your Google account manually (if it doesn’t connect automatically).
2. Now, out of all the provided options, simply check the feature of “Auto Backup” and tap on the “Backup” button. This will automatically take the backup of your SMS, MMS, and call logs.
That’s it! Your messages will be stored in your connected Google account under a separate folder.
Part 3: How to backup Android with dr.fone toolkit (all-in-one backup solution)
If you wish to learn how to backup Android phone without facing the hassle of the above-stated methods, then you should definitely try Android Data Backup & Restore. With most of the other applications, users have to face a restriction while performing their phone backup. This is not the case with Android Data Backup & Restore. It is a part of the dr.fone toolkit and is compatible with more than 8000 Android devices.
Not only is this a safe and 100% reliable way to backup Android phone, it provides an option to perform an extensive backup of your data. From in-app data to photos and SMS to contacts – with this option, you can take a backup of every kind of data and restore it as per your needs. You can learn how to backup Android phone using this option by following these steps.
Flexibly Backup and Restore Android Data
- Selectively backup Android data to computer with one click.
- Preview and restore backup to any Android devices.
- Supports 8000+ Android devices.
- There is no data lost during backup, export or restore.
1. To start with, download Android Data Backup & Restore from its official website right here. Install it on your system and launch it to get the following welcome screen of the dr.fone toolkit. Out of all the provided options, select “Data Backup & Restore”.
2. Now, connect your phone to your system using a USB cable. Make sure that you have already enabled the USB Debugging feature on your phone. As soon as you would connect your device, you might get a pop-up message regarding USB Debugging permission. Just agree to it in order to proceed. Give the application a few seconds as it will automatically detect your device. Now, click on the “Backup” button to perform your phone backup.
3. The interface will display different types of data that you can take a backup of. Just select your options and tap on the “Backup” button whenever you are ready.
4. The application will start taking the backup of your device. You can get to know about its progress from an on-screen indicator. Give it a while and make sure that you don’t disconnect your device during this stage.
5. As soon as the software would be able to complete the process, it will let you know with the following message. You can always click on the “View the backup” button if you wish to see the newly backup files.
That’s it! With Android Data Backup & Restore, you can learn how to backup Android device with a single click.
Go ahead and take a complete phone backup in order to avoid an unwanted scenario. Now when you know how to backup Android phone in different ways, you can certainly keep your data safe. Be sure to backup Android phone in a timely manner and never lose your data.
- 1 Android Backup
- Backup Android
- Android Backup Apps
- Android Backup Extractor
- Android App Backup
- Backup Android to PC
- Android Full Backup
- Android Backup Softwares
- Restore Android Phone
- Android SMS Backup
- Android Contacts Backup
- Android Backup Software
- Android Wi-Fi Password Backup
- Android SD Card Backup
- Android ROM Backup
- Android Bookmark Backup
- Backup Android to Mac
- Android Backup and Restore (3 Ways)
- 2 Samsung Backup