15 Best Free Cloud Storage in 2021
It is very little you can achieve online these days without cloud storage. It helps you store data online and also share this data with other individuals in different locations. The question is this, “what is the best free cloud space for 2021?”
Providing an answer could be difficult because we have so many cloud storage platforms available, from Google Drive free space to OneDrive free space, Dropbox space to iCloud space, and lots more. In this post, we will show you our 15 best free cloud storage in 2021.
1. Google Drive
Google Drive is about the most popular cloud storage platform on earth today. Just like the name implies, this cloud storage platform is a provision from Google. It comes with several advantages.
For example, users can store all kinds of files on Google Drive. This Google storage space also allows individuals to share data with others and determine accessibility. There is a free version that gives 15GB of space and several paid plans.
Features of Google Drive
- Google apps such as docs, slides, forms, and sheets.
- Real-time synchronization.
- Works on Mac OS.
- Integrates with third-party apps.
- Access to files anywhere you are.
- Integration with third-party apps.
- Easy editing of your files.
- Encourages collaboration and file sharing.
- Relies mostly on an internet connection.
- Not as secure as many other cloud storage platforms.
To download Google Drive, check any of the links below:
- For PC - https://www.google.com/intl/en_cy/drive/download/
- For Android Devices - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.docs&hl=en&gl=US
- For iOS devices - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/google-drive/id507874739
Dropbox is a potent cloud storage platform. The major selling point of Dropbox is its amazing backup features. Asides from this, there is also the “Dropbox free space” and “Dropbox Business.” The former gives users free 2GB space, which is quite small compared to many other cloud storage platforms.
Regardless of the Dropbox free space limit, the other plans are quite affordable. You can store and share all kinds of files on Dropbox, including PowerPoint, photos, documents, and even CAD files. Dropbox also integrates seamlessly with several third-party apps.
Features of Dropbox
- Safe syncing of data across devices.
- Allows transfer of files of 50GB or less.
- Available for Linux, Mac, and Windows as well as mobile devices.
- Simple to use.
- Allows for multiple uses.
- Easy to use across devices.
- Pricey for smaller companies.
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/downloading
If you are using a Windows 10, you must have seen OneDrive in your file explorer. This is the OneDrive free space that comes by default with the OS. OneDrive is a cloud storage platform owned by Microsoft.
Before now, users had free 15GB of storage space on OneDrive. However, Microsoft reviewed this, and users can only access 5GB of free space. This platform is compatible with different Microsoft web apps making it easy to edit and create files. OneDrive is an interesting cloud storage option and is regarded by many as the best in the world.
Features of OneDrive
- Allows uploading of files 15GB or less.
- Easy to fix expiration date of shared photos, files, and links.
- Compatible with smartphones and allows scanning of receipts, whiteboard notes, business cards, and store paper.
- Easy to use.
- Compatible with Microsoft apps.
- Easy upload and download.
- Document management isn’t so efficient.
- Desktop integration requires more work.
The box is not so famous compared to the cloud drives described above. However, it is a cloud sharing and management service available on Mac OS, Windows, and mobile devices.
One of the major selling points of Box is that you can edit files on Box. After doing this, it allows you to save it to your cloud account directly. This platform also allows you to share files with others and invite them to upload files and edit them. Finally, Box allows you to add external users to work with you to collaborate on content.
- Works on Mac and Windows.
- Allows seamless syncing.
- Mobile access.
- Secure sharing.
- Two-factor authentication.
- Improves project management.
- Supports automation.
- Allows for secure external sharing.
- Poor search functionality.
- Not too easy to use.
Download links: https://www.box.com/en-gb/drive
5. Amazon S3
Amazon S3 is one of the best and oldest cloud storage platforms available today. This platform makes it possible to store all kinds of files, including documents and photos. One of the reasons why many people like to use S3 is that it makes it easier to handle files.
However, several operations require some form of expertise in navigating the S3 platform. Looking beyond this, you will enjoy a seamless workflow on Amazon S3 because of its amazing features.
Another reason why we like this service so much is that it provides users 24 hours customer support. Subscribing to S3 gives users 5GB of free storage. If you want more storage, you will have to subscribe to one of the Amazon S3 paid plans.
Features of Amazon S3
- Organize and edit photos directly online.
- Automatic backup of videos and photos on smartphones.
- Makes syncing of folders and files possible on different platforms.
- Extensive documentation.
- High durability.
- Easy integration with AWS products.
- High level of organization.
- Data download expensive.
- Complex to understand and use.
Download link: https://s3browser.com/download.aspx
If you are familiar with Mega, you can tell that it has a similar interface to Dropbox. The marked difference between both is the storage space that users can access. Unlike Dropbox, Mega provides its subscribers with 50GB of free storage space.
Asides from the storage space, this platform makes it easy to upload and download multiple files via its mobile app. However, the 50GB drive free storage space is the most attractive feature of this cloud.
Features of Mega
- 50GB free storage space.
- Makes use of keys for encryption of chats and files.
- Download or upload 1GB of data every 6 hours.
- Syncs files and folders easily.
- Large storage limit.
- High level of security.
- Easy to use.
- User-friendly apps.
- Difficult to retrieve encryption key when lost.
- It is quite expensive.
iCloud is a cloud storage platform created and run by Apple. iCloud space is designed for users of Apple products. Users of Apple devices get 5GB free to store all kinds of files.
One of the benefits of iCloud is that it is effortless to use. It makes sharing videos and photos very easy as well. This cloud storage also makes it easy for users to send messages and organize their files and folders. It helps in storing messages, contacts, and even apps.
Features of iCloud
- 5GB of free storage space.
- 15GB file upload limit.
- Allows for collaboration.
- Compatible with Keynote, Notes, and Pages.
- Easy backup solution.
- Convenient to use.
- Prone to hacks.
Download link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283
pCloud offers users up to 2TB on its paid plan. This makes it one of the best cloud storage providers globally, even though it isn’t so popular. The platform also offers users free 10GB storage space on its basic accounts.
pCloud makes it possible to resize photos on the move without any extra software. There is a plethora of resizing options available. pCloud also offers an archive feature that allows users to create personal archives. This platform is very secure as it provides you with a way to lock your crypto folders automatically.
Features of pCloud
- High level of confidentiality.
- Single-click backup.
- Very organized.
- Stores different versions of the same files for easy retrieval.
- Top-notch security.
- Convenient management.
- Efficient data vault.
- Quite costly.
If you are looking for a next-generation cloud solution, you will find it in “Icedrive.” This platform boasts of effortless access, easy updating of your cloud storage, and easy cloud management. This implies that users will find it easy to share files, showcase them, and collaborate on files.
One of the most prominent features of this drive is that it supports Twofish Encryption. When a new user signs up, they get 10GB of drive free storage. This drive also provides a cleaner and an interface for better file management.
Icedrive gives the benefit of a highly-responsive file synchronization using a single click. More than anything else, you can stream media directly from Icedrive.
Features of Icedrive
- Supports Two-fish encryption.
- Provides up to 100TB of storage.
- Single-click function that saves time with syncing.
- Easy to use, clean interface.
- The cheapest cloud storage option.
- Easy to use.
- Two-fish encryption.
- Excellent upload speed.
- Capped monthly bandwidth.
- Doesn’t support SFTP and FTP.
Download link: https://icedrive.net/apps/desktop-laptop
Sync.com offers its subscribers free cloud space of about 5GB. Backing up your files on this platform is pretty easy because of its web panel. It also has several incredible features that make it one of the most productive cloud storage platforms.
One of the most profound features of Sync.com is the fact that you can restore deleted files. You don’t have to regret deleting files with this feature since you can always get them back. Another feature on Sync.com is Sync Vault. This is special storage where users can safely store away their files.
Features of Sync.com
- Zero-knowledge storage.
- Allows you to set permissions.
- Delete file recovery.
- Sync vault.
- Remote wipe.
- Top-notch file sharing.
- Privacy guarantee.
- Selective sync.
- Easy file restoration.
- Doesn’t sync with third-party apps.
- Limited support.
Download link: https://www.sync.com/install/
Degoo provides up to 100GB to its subscribers. It is regarded as one of the most reliable cloud storage platforms on the planet. Another reason why Degoo is rated highly is that it is compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
This platform is also very affordable as you can get up to 500GB of storage for just $3 monthly. Users who cannot pay can increase their storage capacity by making referrals.
Features of Degoo
- No native desktop clients meaning you have to download and upload files manually.
- Mobile apps.
- Photo storage maximizer.
- 100GB free backup online.
- Quick upload speeds.
- File compression.
- The referral program helps to add up to 500GB of storage space.
- No iOS app.
- Lacks personal encryption.
Download link: https://degoo.com/download
12. Yandex Disk
It is impossible to complete our list without mentioning Yandex Disk. This cloud storage platform has an auto-upload functionality that works on mobile phones. With this feature, users can upload photos in their original resolution to the drive.
This cloud storage platform is also compatible with Mac OS and Windows. It presents users with 10GB drive free storage space. When you participate in promotional activities, you get another 32GB of free storage.
Features of Yandex Disk
- Allows data uploads of up to 50GB.
- Access to Microsoft apps.
- Easy to download from public pages.
- Office online.
- Great user experience.
- Affordable pricing plans.
- Weak security.
- Not zero-knowledge.
Download link: https://disk.yandex.com/
IDrive is great for backing up your files. It is compatible with Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux. This is probably its biggest selling point.
Asides from this, users get 5GB of free cloud space. This platform also makes it easy to monitor backups and organize them. You can download or upload up to 2GB at once as well.
Features of iDrive
- 5GB free storage.
- Easy organization and backup via the web interface.
- 2GB maximum file upload or download.
- Hybrid backup.
- Mapped drive backup.
- Easy to use.
- Very secure.
- Lacks unlimited storage.
- Just two pricing packages.
Download link: https://www.idrive.com/online-backup-download
14. Media Fire
Media Fire offers cloud storage, synchronization, and file hosting services. This platform makes it easy to manage files as well. It is compatible with OSX, Android, iOS, and Windows. The maximum size limit for a single download on Media Fire is 20GB.
One of the biggest selling points is that it provides users with an ad-free professional experience. Finally, you can determine access control for security purposes.
Features of MediaFire
- 20GB upload limit.
- Ad-free, professional experience.
- Users can specify access control.
- Allows the pasting of links for upload purposes.
- 10GB free storage.
- Large file upload limit.
- Poor design.
- No file encryption
Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/
These cloud storage services make managing digital life pretty easy. What this implies is that it makes it easy to curate your collection online. This platform facilitates the organization of videos, documents, photos, and music of different devices.
One of the major selling points of MiMedia is that you can import files from Google, Facebook, Flickr, and Dropbox.
Features if MiMedia
- Easy organization of all kinds of files.
- Desktop and mobile app.
- Allows users to import from Google, Facebook, Dropbox, and Flickr.
- Decent value.
- Very fast.
- Great share and sync capabilities.
- 10GB free plan.
- Weak support.
- Poor user experience.
Download link: http://www.mimedia.com
Manage Files and Transfer between Cloud in One Place
Because you have a huge array of free cloud space, you need a way to manage these clouds. This section will suggest an app that will help you manage your files and transfer them between clouds. Here’s the good news, you can do all of this on a single platform.
Want to know the name of this app? It is known as Wondershare InClowdz. With this app, you can migrate files from one cloud drive to another. It also allows you to sync different cloud drives. Finally, you can manage files within the same cloud drive.
In this post, we have shown you the 15 best free cloud storage in 2021. We have also suggested using Wondershare InClowdz to manage and transfer files between cloud drives. Do you know any other clouds? Share them with us in the comments section.
Cloud Using Tips
- Different Cloud Comparison
- Best Free Cloud Storage
- OneDrive vs Google Drive
- Amazon S3 vs Google Drive
- Amazon Drive vs Google Drive
- ownCloud vs Google Drive
- Box vs Google Drive
- Google Photos vs Google Drive
- pCloud vs Google Drive
- pCloud vs OneDrive
- pCloud vs Dropbox
- pCloud vs Box
- Dropbox vs Google Drive vs OneDrive
- Dropbox vs Google Drive vs iCloud
- Onedrive vs Google Drive vs iCloud
- Other Tips for Using Cloud
- Google Drive Alternative
- OneDrive Alternative
- pCloud Alternative
- Upload to Gooogle Drive from URL
- Migrate Email to G Suite
- Add Google Drive to File Explorer
- Add OneDrive to File Explorer
- Delete Google Drive Account
- Remove Google Drive from PC
- Remove Google Drive Account
- Access OneDrive
- Transfer Photos from iPhone to Google Drive
- Google Drive Transfer Ownership
- Transfer Photos from Google Photos to Gallery
- Google Drive for Desktop
- Stop Sharing Google Drive
- Recover Google Photos
- Delete Google Photos Account