3 Ways to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac with/without iCloud
How to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac? Is there any quick and hassle-free solution to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac?
If you also have a similar query, then you have come to the right place. A lot of users like to know how to import contacts from iPhone to Mac. This helps them keep their contacts handy, prepare a backup for iPhone contacts, or transfer them to different devices. After when you are able to import contacts from iPhone to Mac, you can easily keep your data safe and accessible. To help you, we have come up with this guide. Read on and learn how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac in three different ways, both with and without iCloud.
Part 1: How to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac using iCloud?
Since iCloud is an integral part of any Apple device, most of the users would like to know how to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac via iCloud. By default, Apple provides 5 GB iCloud storage for free to every user. Even though you can later buy more space, it is enough to keep your contacts and other important files handy. To learn how to import contacts from iPhone to Mac using iCloud, simply follow these steps:
1. In order to import contacts from iPhone to Mac via iCloud, you need to ensure that your phone is already synced with your iCloud account. Go to its Settings > iCloud and make sure its iCloud Drive option is turned on.
2. Additionally, you can visit the iCloud settings and enable the syncing of Contacts as well. This will ensure that your device’s contacts are in sync with iCloud.
3. Great! Now, to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac, you can simply go to System Preferences on your Mac and launch the iCloud app
4. On the iCloud app, you can find an option of “Contacts”. Make sure that the feature is turned on. If not, then enable the feature and save your changes.
5. This will automatically sync your iCloud contacts with Mac. Later, you can visit its Address Book to view the newly synced contacts.
Method 2: Export Contacts
By following the above drill, you can learn how to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac using iCloud. Though, there are times when users wish to directly transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac. In this case, you can go to iCloud website > Contacts. From its Settings, you can select all contacts and export their vCard file. This will let you export all contacts to your Mac in one go.
Part 2: Transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac using Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS)
The above-mentioned process to import contacts from iPhone to Mac can be a little complicated. Also, a lot of people don’t like to sync their contacts as it doesn’t let them take a backup of their data. For a quick and trouble-free process, we recommend using Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS). A part of the Dr.Fone toolkit, it can be used to transfer all kinds of major data (contacts, photos, SMS, music, etc.) between your iOS device and system.
It has a desktop application for Windows and Mac, which is quite easy to use. Compatible with all the major iOS versions (including iOS 11), it supports an intuitive process. You can easily learn how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac using Dr.Fone Transfer.
Transfer MP3 to iPhone/iPad/iPod without iTunes
- All your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps can be exported and imported in one click.
- Manage your music, photos, videos,SMS, Apps to make them tidy and clear.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Fully support iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11 and iPod.
1. Kick off Dr.Fone toolkit on your Mac after tap the download button and select the option of "Phone Manager" from its home screen.
2. Additionally, connect your iPhone to your Mac and wait for it to be detected automatically. It will cost a while to make your iPhone ready to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac.
3. Once it is ready, you can find the "information" tab in the navigation bar.
4. All the saved contacts on your iPhone will show to you. You can also switch between your contacts and messages from the left panel or choose the contacts that you wish to transfer.
6. Now, click on the Export icon on the toolbar. From here, you can export your contacts to vCard, CSV, Outlook, etc. Since Mac supports vCard, select the option of “to vCard File”.
That’s it! In this way, all your contacts would be saved on your Mac in the form of a vCard file. If you want, you can also load it to your Address Book as well. This will let you learn how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Mac easily.
Part 3: Import contacts from iPhone to Mac using AirDrop
Another easy way to learn how to import contacts from iPhone to Mac is through AirDrop. If both the devices are in a close proximity and connected to each other, then you can follow this approach. Also, the AirDrop feature only works on devices running on iOS 7 and later and OS X 10.7 and later versions. To learn how to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac using AirDrop, you can follow these steps:
1. First of all, make sure that the AirDrop (and Bluetooth and Wifi) features on both iPhone and Mac are turned on. Also, they should not be more than 30 feet away.
2. If your iPhone is not able to discover Mac, then go to the AirDrop application on your Mac and make sure that you have allowed everyone to discover it.
3. To import contacts from iPhone to Mac, go to the Contacts app on your iPhone and select the contacts that you wish to transfer.
4. After selecting the contacts, tap on the “Share” button. As the sharing options would open, you can view your Mac listed in the AirDrop section.
5. Simply tap on it and accept the incoming data on your Mac.
More about iPhone contacts
- Copy iPhone Contacts to Computer with/without iTunes
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to new iPhone 7/7 Plus/8
- Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail
By following these simple steps, you would be able to learn how to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac easily. Dr.Fone - Phone Manager has a user-friendly interface and will let you import contacts from iPhone to Mac instantly. It can also be used to transfer other kinds of content as well. Now when you know how to import contacts from iPhone to Mac, you can share this guide with your friends as well and teach them the same.
iPhone Contact Transfer
- Transfer iPhone Contacts to Other Media
- Transfer iPhone Contacts to Gmail
- Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM
- Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPad
- Export Contacts from iPhone to Excel
- Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Samsung
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
- Transfer Contacts to iPhone
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes
- Sync Outlook Contacts to iPhone
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud
- Import Contacts from Gmail to iPhone
- Import Contacts to iPhone
- Best iPhone Contact Transfer Apps
- Sync iPhone Contacts With Apps
- Android to iPhone Contacts Transfer Apps
- iPhone Contacts Transfer App
- More iPhone Contact Tricks