5 Solutions to Clear Search History on iPhone/iPad
We all use our smartphones to search for all kinds of things on the web frequently. Though, there are times when we wish to clear search history on the device to protect our privacy. Any other person can know details about your private life or your present state of mind by seeing what you have searched on the web. Therefore, it is highly recommended for users to delete search history on their smartphones regularly. If you own an iPhone or iPad, then you are up for a treat. In this post, we will teach you how to clear search history on iPhone in every possible way.
- Part 1: One-click Solution to Clear all Search History on iPhone/iPad (100% erasing)
- Part 2: How to Clear Search History from Only Search Engines?
- Part 3: How to Clear Search History of 1 or 2 days on iPhone?
- Part 4: How to Clear the History of Certain Pages on iPhone?
- Part 5: How to Clear Search History on iPhone entirely?
Part 1: One-click Solution to Clear all Search History on iPhone/iPad (100% erasing)
If you want to get rid of all kinds of unwanted data from your iOS device, then simply try dr.fone - Data Eraser (iOS). It is a part of the dr.fone toolkit and can easily delete search history on iPhone with a single click. Not just that, the tool can also get rid of all kinds of data from your phone. This includes junk content, photos, videos, documents, contacts, call logs, etc. The data deleted by dr.fone - Data Eraser (iOS) can’t even be retrieved by a recovery tool since the application is known for its advanced data removal algorithm.
Effective Solution to Clear Search History on iPhone/iPad
- You can easily delete all sorts of search history and related content from your iPhone.
- It also gets rid of any other kind of data from our device like photos, contacts, WhatsApp chats, notes, and more. The deleted content can’t be retrieved by a data recovery tool afterward.
- The application features a user-friendly interface and you can select the kind of data that you wish to delete.
- Make more free space on your iPhone storage. It can get rid of unwanted apps, junk files, and cache data.
- The tool can also be used to compress the photos stored on your iPhone or export them selectively to your PC.
Before you start anything, make sure that you have installed dr.fone - Data Eraser (iOS) on your Windows PC or Mac by visiting its website. Henceforth, follow these steps and learn how to delete search history on iPhone in one click.
1. To start with, launch the dr.fone toolkit on your computer and from its home, select the “Data Erase” section.
2. Using a working cable, connect your iOS device to the system and let it be detected. If you are connecting it for the first time, then you need to “Trust the Computer”.
3. As the interface would be loaded, you can go to the “Erase Private Data” option from the left and click on the “Start” button to commence things.
4. The application will ask you to select the kind of data you wish to scan. Since you wish to clear search history, select Safari data from the list. You can also select any other type of content and click on the “Start” button again.
5. Sit back and wait for a while as the application would extract the selected content (browsing data) from iPhone.
6. Once it is done, it will display the extracted data into different categories for your convenience. You can simply select the Safari data from here and click on the “Erase” button.
7. As you already know, dr.fone - Data Eraser (iOS) will delete this content permanently from your phone. Hence, you need to confirm your choice by entering the displayed code (000000).
8. That’s it! In no time, all the Safari data (including its cache, history, etc.) would be deleted from the device. You can now safely remove your iPhone and use it without any trouble.
Part 2: How to Clear Search History from Only Search Engines?
If there is a specific search engine or browser that you use, then you can visit its settings to delete search history. For instance, a lot of iPhone users rely on Google search instead of the default search engine. While the process to delete search history on iPhone for specific browsers is the same, the overall interface might alter a bit. Let’s understand this with the example of Google Chrome.
1. If you wish to clear search history on Google Chrome, then start by launching the app on your iOS device.
2. Now, tap on the three dot icon on the top and visit its Settings > Privacy settings.
3. Here, you can scroll a bit and see options to clear search history, cache, browsing history, etc. Simply tap on the option of your choice or select the “Clear All” feature to clean everything.
4. Confirm your choice by tapping on the “Clear All” button again and wait for a while as it would delete Google history on Chrome.
You can follow the same drill to clear search history on any other browser you use on your iPhone as well.
Part 3: How to Clear Search History of 1 or 2 days on iPhone?
There are times when we don’t wish to clear the entire search history on iPhone. Instead, we only wish to delete the search history of the last few days. For instance, there might be some important web pages that you would have accessed a few weeks back that you wish to retain. Thankfully, with the help of Safari’s settings, you can easily learn how to clear search history on iPhone selectively.
1. Simply launch Safari on your iPhone by tapping on its icon from the home screen.
2. Once Safari is launched, go to its Bookmarks tab. To do this, just tap on the open book icon at the bottom.
3. Visit the “History” tab to view a detailed history of the browser, including its search history. Tap on the clear history option from here.
4. Subsequently, you will be asked the duration for the history you wish to delete (last hour, today, today and yesterday, and so on). Just select the desired option and clear history on iPad/iPhone.
Part 4: How to Clear the History of Certain Pages on iPhone?
Apart from learning how to clear your search history on iPhone for the last 1-2 days, you can also do the same for selective pages as well. In this way, the existing history on Safari would be retained, but you can selectively remove certain web pages from the list. Here’s how to delete search history on iPhone for selected pages.
1. Launch Safari on your iPhone and tap on the Bookmark icon from its bottom panel.
2. Once the Bookmarks section would launch, visit the History feature from here. You can do this by tapping on the clock icon or a dedicated History tab.
3. This will display a detailed browsing history for Safari. To delete a particular web page from the list, simply hold it and swipe it to the side.
4. As more options would appear, tap on “Delete” to remove the selected web page from Safari’s History.
Part 5: How to Clear Search History on iPhone entirely?
If you are running short on time or would like to clear the entire search history in one go, then you can do the same. Safari allows us to clear search history on the browser entirely. Apart from that, you can also go to Safari’s settings and clear the entire app history and cache content as well.
1. Start by launching Safari on your iPhone and visit the Bookmarks section on it from the bottom panel.
2. Visit the History tab here and tap on the “Clear” button at the bottom. From the available options, choose to clear search history of “All Time”.
3. Alternatively, you can also go to your iOS device’s Settings > Safari and scroll all the way down to select the “Clear History and Website Data” option.
4. Confirm your choice by tapping on the “Clear History and Data” option again and wait as Safari’s existing data would be wiped off.
Now when you know how to delete search history on iPhone, you can browse the web without any hassle. With the help of dr.fone - Data Eraser (iOS), you can get rid of all kinds of data from your iPhone. In a single click, you can remove Safari data, junk files, temp files, cache, and other unwanted content. The application can also help you create more free space on iPhone or erase the existing data on it without future recovery scope. All of this makes it a must-have utility tool for every iOS user.
Boost iOS Performance
- Clean up iPhone
- Cydia eraser
- Fix iPhone lagging
- Erase iPhone without Apple ID
- Empty iOS trash
- Free up iPhone space
- Fix slow iPad
- Clean iPhone memory
- iOS clean master
- CCleaner for iPad
- Clean iPhone system
- Clear iOS cache
- Delete useless data
- Delete frequently visited list
- Delete downloads on iPhone
- Delete iPhone podcasts
- Delete albums on iPhone
- Delete videos from iPhone
- Delete emails on iPhone
- Delete iOS games
- Delete browsing history
- Manage reading list on iPhone
- Clear history
- Clear Safari cookies
- Clear iPad cookies
- Clear Google history on iPhone
- Clear search history
- Clear all history on iPhone
- iPhone safety