Ultimate Guide on How to Delete Apps on iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus
If you have been using an iPhone for a while, then you might find it hard to manage its data. A lot of users find unwanted apps and app data consuming a large chunk of their iPhone storage. While it might seem like a complicated situation, you can easily resolve this by removing apps from iPhone 6. To do this, you can use any native method or even a dedicated third-party data eraser. It doesn’t matter how you wish to delete apps on iPhone 6, this post has got you covered. Read on and learn how to delete apps on iPhone 6, 6s, and 6 Plus in a hassle-free way.
- Part 1: Delete Unwanted Apps from iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus in a Batch
- Part 2: Delete Apps from iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus One at a Time
- Part 3: Delete Apps from iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus via iPhone Settings
- Part 4: Remove iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus Apps from iTunes Library
- Part 5: Permanently Erase App Traces after App Deletion
Part 1: Delete Unwanted Apps from iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus in a Batch
If you have lots of unwanted apps on your iPhone, then simply take the assistance of dr.fone - Data Eraser (iOS). As the name suggests, the application can get rid of all kinds of data from your iOS device. Apart from apps, it can also remove your photos, videos, call logs, contacts, messages, notes, and what not. The data removed by dr.fone - Data Eraser (iOS) can’t even be extracted by a recovery tool. Thus, you can also use the application if you want to get rid of any sensitive data while reselling your phone.
Effective Solution to Bulk Delete Unwanted iPhone Apps
- A part of the dr.fone toolkit, the application is extremely easy to use and can remove all kinds of content from an iPhone.
- You can view the apps installed on your iPhone and select the ones you wish to delete. It can delete multiple apps from iPhone 6 in one go as well.
- The data that is removed by dr.fone - Data Eraser (iOS) can’t even be retrieved by any recovery tool.
- It can also be used to make more free space on your phone by compressing the existing data or getting rid of unwanted junk.
- The desktop application is available on every major macOS and Windows version. Also, it supports every popular iPhone model, including iPhone 6, 6s, and 6 Plus.
Here’s how to delete apps on iPhone 6 in batch using dr.fone - Data Eraser (iOS):
1. Using a lightning cable, connect your iPhone to your system and launch the dr.fone toolkit on it. You need to select the “Erase” option from its home.
2. On the interface, go to the left panel and visit the “Free Up Space” section. This will display different options on the right. Select the “Erase Application” feature to proceed.
3. The tool will automatically detect your iPhone and display all the applications installed on it. Just select the applications of your choice from the list and click on the “Uninstall” button.
Simply wait for a while as the dr.fone - Data Eraser (iOS) would delete all the selected apps from iPhone 6/6s/6c. Once it is done, you can safely remove your iPhone from the system and use it the way you like.
Part 2: Delete Apps from iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus One at a Time
Apart from using any third-party solution for removing apps from iPhone 6, you can use its own interface as well. Just like every other iPhone model, you can also delete apps on iPhone 6, 6s, or 6 Plus quite easily. Since you have to delete apps individually, it might take a lot of time. Simply follow these steps to learn how to delete apps on iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus.
- To start with, just unlock your iPhone and go to its Home screen where all the apps are visible.
- Choose the app that you wish to delete and hold its icon for a while. This will make all the apps start wiggling.
- Now, tap on the delete (“x”) sign on the top of the app icon to remove that app.
- This will display a pop-up warning on the screen. Tap on the “Delete” button again to confirm it.
That’s it! By following this simple drill, you can learn how to remove apps from iPhone 6s (or any other model) one at a time. You can do the same thing to remove any other app as well. The process will work for all the apps except the pre-installed default apps that can’t be deleted.
Part 3: Delete Apps from iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus via iPhone Settings
If you want to know more about any app or its storage, then you can also go to your iPhone settings. This will let you pick the apps that are consuming your iPhone storage the most. You can selectively delete the app of your choice without any hassle. If your iPhone is running on a latest iOS version (like iOS 13), then you can also offload an app as well. This will remove apps from iPhone 6 while still retaining their data. If you want to get rid of the app data entirely, then follow these steps instead.
- Unlock your iPhone and go to its Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage. In some iOS versions, it is just General > Manage Storage as well.
- This will present a detailed listing of iPhone storage and all the apps installed on it. It will also include the default apps that you can’t uninstall.
- Just tap on any app to view details about its storage. In order to get rid of the app, tap on the “Delete App” option instead.
- Confirm your choice by tapping on the Delete button again and wait as the app would be removed from your iPhone.
Part 4: Remove iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus Apps from iTunes Library
If your iPhone is synced with iTunes, then you can also take its assistance to delete apps from iPhone 6. As you know, syncing works in both ways. Therefore, if you remove any app from your iTunes library, the changes will also be reflected on your device. You can learn how to delete apps on iPhone 6 Plus, 6s, or 6 via iTunes in the following way.
- Connect your iPhone to your system using a working cable and launch an updated version of iTunes on it.
- Once your device is detected by iTunes, select it, and go to its “Apps” section from the side panel of iTunes.
- This will display all the apps that are already installed on your device. Just click on the “Remove” button adjacent to the app icon or click on the cross (x) button at the top of the app.
- In the same way, you can delete multiple apps from your iPhone. Just click on the “Done” button in the end so that the changes will be reflected on your device.
Part 5: Permanently Erase App Traces after App Deletion
Sometimes, even after uninstalling apps, its existing data on the phone keeps consuming a lot of storage. If you wish to make more free space on your iPhone, then you should certainly try dr.fone - Data Eraser (iOS). The application also has a feature to remove all kinds of junk and unwanted content from an iPhone. In this way, you can automatically get rid of all kinds of app traces and app-specific files from your phone. After removing apps from iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus, follow these steps to erase their data as well.
1. Launch the dr.fone toolkit and open the Erase section from its home. At the same time, connect your iPhone to the system using a working lightning cable.
2. Go to the left panel of the interface, and visit the “Free Up Space” section. From the provided options on the right, click on “Erase Junk Files”.
3. In no time, the application will scan your connected iPhone and display all sorts of junk content that can be deleted. This would include temporary files, system junk, log files, etc.
4. Select the files that you wish to delete (like temp or cache files to remove app data) and click on the “Clean” button.
5. The application will remove the selected data from your iPhone storage. If you want, you can rescan the device to see if the data still remains on it or not.
After reading this extensive post, you can easily teach anyone how to delete apps on iPhone 6, 6s, or 6 Plus. These solutions also work seamlessly for every other iPhone model as well. If you are running short on time or would like to have more free space on your device, then use dr.fone - Data Eraser (iOS). It will let you delete multiple apps from iPhone 6 in seconds and also remove unwanted junk from it as well. It is a highly secure and easy-to-use application that every iPhone user should have. You can try it for free by visiting dr.fone’s website and be a judge of it yourself!
Master iOS Space
- Delete iOS apps
- Delete apps on iPhone X
- Delete apps on iPhone 8
- Delete apps on iPhone 7
- Delete apps on iPhone 6
- Delete apps on iPhone 5
- Delete apps on iPad
- Delete/resize iOS photos
- Reduce photo size on iPhone
- Delete iPad photos
- Delete photos from iCloud
- Compress iOS photos/videos
- Resize or crop photos
- Delete photos from iPhone
- Factory reset iOS
- Reset iPad
- Reset iPod touch
- Reset iPad Air
- Factory reset iPad mini
- Reset disabled iPhone
- Factory reset iPhone X
- Factory reset iPhone 8
- Factory reset iPhone 7
- Factory reset iPhone 6
- Factory reset iPhone 5
- Reset iPhone 4
- Factory reset iPad 2
- Reset iPhone without Apple ID
- Delete iOS social app data