How to Wipe Your iPhone Before Selling It
- Part 1.Why need to wipe your iPhone before selling it
- Part 2.How to wipe your iPhone before selling it
- Part 3.Poll: What you usually do before selling your iPhone
You've had your good old iPhone with you for years now, and the time has finally come for you to sell it. Or maybe, you find it appropriate to give away your iPhone to someone. Whatever the reason is, you are giving away your old iPhone and you should wipe away all of your data before doing so.
Hopefully, you are not one of those people who wonder why you should delete all your data. No one needs to see your personal pictures, messages or any other files. And, the worst case scenario is, if your data falls into the wrong hands it may be used against you. For example, you may have store pin codes of your cards, or maybe your house alarm on your phone. Would you like someone else to have it?
That is why it is essential to erase all of the data from your iPhone. Many people think this is very simple, you just go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. (Before doing this, remember that you should sign out of iCloud and other services such as iMessage and Apple ID). The truth is wiping your data is not that simple. Even after erasing all of your content manually and restoring your iPhone to factory settings, your data still may be retrieved. How? That is why it is necessary to use software, such as Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS), to make sure that all of your data has been deleted permanently.
Dr.Fone - Data Eraser is a tool which is available for all iPhone models. It enables you to permanently erase data from your iPhone and protect all of your data when selling or giving away your device. Dr.Fone - Data Eraser is compatible with the latest version of iOS, and the latest iPhones, such as iPhone 6s and iPhone SE.
According to U.S. Department of Justice, one out of ten persons is a victim of identity theft. With the right tools, all of your deleted data, such as emails, banking informations, important notes, etc. may be recovered. Deleting the files only removes the pathway to the information, but the data still stays there, available for recovery. What SafeEraser does is that this software ensures all of your data is permanently erased, including the data you may have forgotten about, such as Safari browsing history and cookies. By doing so, Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS) ensures that your deleted data stays deleted for good.
Easily Delete All Data from Your Device
- Simple, click-through, process.
- Your data is permanently deleted.
- Nobody can ever recover and view your private data.
- Works greatly for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, including the latest models.
This professional data destroyer supports deleting the following files and data: Messages, Call History, Facetime, Contacts, Mail, Calendar, Reminders, Notes, Voice Memos, Safari Bookmarks, Photos, Videos, Apps, System Settings, Keyboard Cache, Passbook, iTunes DB, iMessage, Safari Favorites, Safari History, Voicemail, Apple ID, iCloud ID, Game Center, Apple Maps, Weather, Stocks, Newsstand.
Erasing the data mentioned above is still a good idea, even when you buy your new phone, in case you lose it, or someone steals it from you.
The best thing about Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS) is that this process can be done with just one click, and your data is deleted in no time. Here is how.
1. Open Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS).
2. Then, click "Data Eraser", and click "Erase" in the next window.
3. The software will perform a security check, just in case. Type 'delete' to confirm your order and continue with the erasing process by clicking "Erase Now".
4. When the erasing process begins, make sure your iPhone stays connected the entire time. This way you will be sure that all of your data is deleted permanently.
5. Once the deleting process is done, you will get the notification that the process is completed.
Erasing the data from your phone before selling it, should be a MUST for you. You never know who may get the hold of your phone and how that person may misuse your personal data. In the worst case scenario, you may even become a victim of identity theft.
So, before you sell your phone there are four things you can do. You may leave all your data on your phone, which is an incredibly high risk. Nobody knows who may get the hold of your data. Then, you may manually delete your data, but that is not a smart option. When you manually erase your data, the data is still available for recovery. However, this option is a bit safer than not deleting your data at all. The third option would be to reset your phone to factory settings. This option is the safest one compared to the previous two. However, in the arms of a person who knows what is he/she looking for, that data still may be recovered. And, in the end, the safest option would be deleting your data permanently and thoroughly with a professional data destroyer, such as Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS). This option is the safest option for deleting your data, and there is no way to recover anything after using Dr.Fone - Data Eraser (iOS).
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 1. Wipe iPhone
- 1.1 Permanently Wipe iPhone
- 1.2 Wipe iPhone Before Selling
- 1.3 Format iPhone
- 1.4 Wipe iPad Before Selling
- 1.5 Remote Wipe iPhone
- 2. Delete iPhone
- 2.1 Delete iPhone Call History
- 2.2 Delete iPhone Calendar
- 2.3 Delete iPhone History
- 2.4 Delete iPad Emails
- 2.5 Permanently Delete iPhone Messages
- 2.6 Permanently Delete iPad History
- 2.7 Delete iPhone Voicemail
- 2.8 Delete iPhone Contacts
- 2.9 Delete iPhone Photos
- 2.10 Delete iMessages
- 2.11 Delete Music from iPhone
- 2.12 Delete iPhone Apps
- 2.13 Delete iPhone Bookmarks
- 2.14 Delete iPhone Other Data
- 2.15 Delete iPhone Documents & Data
- 2.16 Delete Movies from iPad
- 3. Erase iPhone
- 3.1 Erase All Content and Settings
- 3.2 Erase iPad Before Selling
- 3.3 Best iPhone Data Erase Software
- 4. Clear iPhone
- 4.3 Clear iPod touch
- 4.4 Clear Cookies on iPhone
- 4.5 Clear iPhone Cache
- 4.6 Top iPhone Cleaners
- 4.7 Free Up iPhone Storage
- 4.8 Delete Email Accounts on iPhone
- 4.9 Speed Up iPhone
- 5. Clear/Wipe Android