Solutions for iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo After upgrade to iOS 15
Apple is a company that is known for its impossible standards, both for manufacturing tolerances and software quality. Yet, it is often found struggling just like any other company more often than not. We are talking about people updating their iPhones to the latest iOS only to have their phones stuck at a black screen, or unable to get out of DFU mode, or even stuck at the white screen with the Apple logo. No doubt, the logo is beautiful to look at, but no, thank you, we need the phone for things beyond staring at the beauty of that logo. What to do if your iPhone is stuck at the Apple logo after update?
What Causes A Stuck Apple Logo
There are a few reasons why your phone is stuck at the Apple logo:
- Some component in your device decided to call it quits right when the phone was in the middle of updating. It could have happened before, could have happened after the update, but it happened in the middle of the update and it’s stuck. You can either take your phone to the Apple Store or you can read on for a fix.
- More often than not, these issues are software-based. Most of us update our devices using over-the-air (OTA) method, that downloads only the requisite files and updates the device to the latest OS. This is both a boon and a bane, considering the fact that a lot can go wrong here, and does, more often than you might think. Some key code is missing, and the update is stuck. You are left with a non-responsive device stuck at the Apple logo. This even happens if you were to download the full firmware file, and you might notice this to happen more if the firmware download was interrupted a couple of times. In resuming the download, something did not come through and though the firmware was verified and the update started, now you are stuck with a device that is not getting updated since it cannot proceed with the update without the missing code. What do you do in this case? Read on.
- You tried to jailbreak the device and, obviously, failed. Now the device won’t boot beyond the Apple logo. Apple might not be of much help here, since they do not like people jailbreaking the devices. They might charge you a sizeable fee to fix this. Fortunately, you have a solution in Dr.Fone System Repair (iOS System Recovery).
How To Resolve iPhone Stuck At Apple Logo
According to the official Apple support document, if you migrate an iPhone to another iPhone or if you restored your iPhone from a previous device, you might find yourself staring at the Apple logo for more than an hour. That itself is unnerving and ridiculous, but it is what it is. Now, what do you do if it’s been hours and your iPhone is still stuck at the Apple logo?The Official Apple Way
In its support document, Apple suggests to put your device in recovery mode in case the progress bar hasn’t budged in over an hour. This is how you do it:
Step 1: Connect your device to the computer. Then, on iPhone 8 and later, press and release the Volume up button, then the Volume down button, then press and hold the Side button till the recovery mode screen appears. For iPhone 7 series, press and hold the Volume down button and the Side button together the recovery mode screen appears. For iPhone models earlier than 7, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together till the recovery mode screen appears.
Step 2: When iTunes prompts to Update or Restore, choose Update. Choosing Restore will wipe the device and delete all data.Other Ways
The Apple way is really the best way to go at it, since Apple knows its devices best. However, there still are other tiny things you can do, such as just trying another USB port or another USB cable to connect to the computer. Sometimes, just that can help.
Lastly, there are third-party tools such as Dr.Fone System Repair (iOS System Recovery) that are designed solely to help you in situations like this one.
How To Resolve Phone Stuck At Apple Logo After iOS 15 Update With Dr.Fone System Repair
Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo without Data Loss.
- Only fix your iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- Fix various iOS system issues stuck in recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fixes other iPhone error and iTunes errors, such as iTunes error 4013, error 14, iTunes error 27,iTunes error 9, and more.
- Works for all models of iPhone (iPhone XS/XR included), iPad, and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS version.
To be blunt, over-the-air was never the smartest way to update a device OS. It was designed to be done in a pinch, and for convenience. If you are able to, you must always download the full firmware and update through that and save yourself a boatload of trouble. Next, iTunes and Finder are not equipped to help you in case the device gets stuck at boot with an Apple logo after iOS 15 update. Your only option, according to Apple, is to try and push some buttons to see if that helps, and if not, bring the device in to an Apple Store for a representative to help you out.
Both options completely ignore the monumental waste of time these options can be for a person. You take appointment with the Apple Store, visit the Store, spend time, maybe you had to take a leave to do that, causing you a hard-earned leave to boot. If not that, you spend time reading through Apple’s documentation and going through forums on the internet for help from people who suffered the fate before you. Colossal waste of time, this.
Dr.Fone System Repair (iOS System Recovery) was designed to help you with two things:
- Fix issues with your iPhone and iPad owing to a botched update done through over-the-air method or through Finder or iTunes on a computer
- Resolve issues on your iPhone or iPad without deleting user data to save your time once the issue is fixed, along with the option for a more comprehensive repair necessitating deletion of user data, should it come to that.
Dr.Fone System Repair is the tool you need to have to ensure that whenever you update your iPhone or iPad to the latest OS, you can do that with confidence and in the quickest possible time without having to worry about anything going wrong. Should something go wrong with the update, you can use Dr.Fone to fix it in a few clicks and move on with life. This is the most consumer-friendly way to fix issues caused by problematic update or anything else. This is not a wild claim; you are welcome to try our software and experience the ease of use for yourself!
Step 1: Download Dr.Fone System Repair (iOS System Recovery) here: https://drfone.wondershare.com/ios-system-recovery.html
Step 2: Launch Dr.Fone and select System Repair module
Step 3: Connect the device stuck at Apple logo to your computer using the data cable and wait for Dr.Fone to detect it. Once it detects your device, it will present two options to choose from - Standard Mode and Advanced Mode.What Are Standard and Advanced Modes?
Standard Mode attempts to fix the issues without deleting user data on an Apple device. Advanced Mode repairs more thoroughly but deletes user data in the process.
Step 4: Choose Standard Mode and Dr.Fone will detect your device model and the iOS firmware and show a list of compatible firmware for your device that you can download and install on the device. Select iOS 15 and proceed.
Dr.Fone System Repair (iOS System Recovery) will now download the firmware (a little under or a little over 5 GB on average, depending on your device and model). You can also download the firmware yourself should the software fail to download the firmware automatically. There is a download link thoughtfully provided on this very screen.
Step 5: After successful download, Dr.Fone verifies the firmware and you will see a screen with the button titled Fix Now. Click that button when you are ready to start fixing the device stuck at Apple logo.
Device Not Recognized?
In case Dr.Fone is unable to recognize your device, it will show that device is connected but not recognized, and give you a link to resolve the issue manually. Click that link and follow the instructions to boot your device in recovery mode/ DFU mode before proceeding further.
When the device gets out of the stuck Apple logo screen and boots normally, you can use the Standard Mode option to update the device to iOS 15 to ensure that things are in order.
Advantages Of Using Dr.Fone System Repair (iOS System Recovery) Over macOS Finder Or iTunes
Why pay for and use a third-party tool, however good it may be, when we can comfortably do the needful for free? We have iTunes on Windows and Finder on macOS to update the software on iPhone or iPad. Why take a third-party software for that?
As it turns out, there are several advantages to using Dr.Fone System Repair (iOS System Recovery) to update your phone to iOS 15 or fix issues with the iPhone or iPad should something come to go wrong.
- iPhones and iPads come in all shapes and sizes today, and these models have different ways to access functions such as hard reset, soft reset, entering the DFU mode, recovery mode, etc. You do not want to remember all of them. You are better off using a dedicated software and getting the job done quickly and easily. Using Dr.Fone System Repair (iOS System Recovery) means that you just connect your device to the computer and Dr.Fone takes care of everything else.
- If you want to downgrade the version of your OS, at present, Apple does not offer a way to downgrade using iTunes on Windows or Finder on macOS. Why is this an issue, you might wonder? The reason the ability to downgrade is important is so that in case after the update you discover that one or more of your apps you use every day do not work anymore after the update, you can downgrade to the version that the apps were working in. You cannot downgrade using iTunes or Finder. You either take your device to an Apple Store so they can downgrade the OS for you, or, you stay safe at home and use Dr.Fone System Repair and marvel at its ability to allow you to downgrade your iPhone or iPad to an earlier version of iOS/ iPadOS in just a few clicks.
- There are two options before you if you do not have Dr.Fone System Repair (iOS System Recovery) by your side to help you in case something goes haywire in the update process - you either bring the device in to an Apple Store or you scramble to somehow get the device to enter recovery mode or DFU mode to update the OS using Finder or iTunes. In both cases, you will likely lose all your data since a DFU mode restore means deletion of data. With Dr.Fone System Repair (iOS System Recovery), depending on how severe the issue is, there is a good chance you will save on both your time and your data, since Dr.Fone allows you to fix your device issues without losing data in its Standard Mode, and it is possible you can be enjoying your device once again in a matter of minutes.
- Now, what if your device is unrecognized? If you think now you will have to take it to the Apple Store, you’d be wrong! It is true you cannot use iTunes or Finder if they refuse to recognize your device. But, you have Dr.Fone to help you. With Dr.Fone System Repair, there is a possibility you will be able to fix that issue as well.
- Dr.Fone System Repair (iOS System Recovery) is the most comprehensive, easy-to-use, intuitive tool to use to fix iOS issues on Apple devices including downgrading iOS on devices.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Sim Not Supported
- iPhone Software Problems
- iPhone Passcode Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- Apps Disappeared From iPhone
- iPhone Emergency Alerts Not Working
- iPhone Battery Percentage Not Showing
- iPhone App Not Updating
- Google Calendar not Syncing
- Health App Not Tracking Steps
- iPhone Auto Lock Not Working
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Email Disappeared
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Won't Update
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems