How to Transfer Photos/Videos from iPhone 13/12 to Mac Efficiently
Importing photos/videos from iPhone 13/12 to Mac has been the talk of the town lately. Several iPhone 13/12 users across the globe are looking for ways to import photos/videos from iPhone to Mac without iphoto. Worry no more fellas! We’re right here holding your back! Therefore, we’ve drafted this comprehensive post specifically to help you understand how to transfer photos from iPhone 13/12 to Macbook efficiently. So, without talking much, let’s begin with the solutions!
Part 1. One-click to import iPhone 13/12 photos/videos to Mac
The first means you can effectively and efficiently import photos/videos from iPhone 13/12 to Mac is via Dr.Fone (Mac) - Phone Manager (iOS). With this powerful tool, you not only can transfer photos from iPhone 13/12 to Macbook. But also can transfer messages, contacts, videos in just a matter of few clicks. It is a one-stop solution for all your data management needs like exporting, deleting, adding, etc. Let’s now understand how to import photos from iPhone to Mac without iphoto using Dr.Fone (Mac) - Phone Manager (iOS).
3,839,410 people have downloaded it
Step 1: Download the Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) tool. Install and launch the tool afterward. Then from the main screen, hit on the "Phone Manager" tab.
Step 2: Now, you’ll be asked to plug your iPhone into the PC on the upcoming screen. Do it and let the software detect it. Once detected, you’re required to hit on the “Photos” tab over the top navigation menu.
Step 3: Next, select the photos you wish to transfer to your Mac and then hit the “Export” button available just below the navigation menu.
Step 4: Lastly, hit on “Export to Mac/PC” and set the desired location where you want your photos to be exported over your Mac/PC. That’s it you’re done.
Note: In the same way, you can get other data types like videos, music, contacts, etc., exported to your Mac or PC.
Part 2. Transfer photos/videos from iPhone 13/12 to Mac with iCloud Photos
The next tutorial on how to import photos from iPhone 13/12 to mac without iphoto is none other than iCloud. iCloud Photos or iCloud Photo Library is a great way to sync your photos or videos across all your iDevices, whether Mac, iPhone, or iPad. You can effectively sync photos and videos with your Windows PC, but you need to install and configure the iCloud for Windows app in the first place. Though iCloud offers 5GB of free space, if you have data that range more than that, you may need to buy more space as per your data needs.
Setting up iCloud Photos on iPhone:
- Get into the Settings of your iPhone, then hit on your name, i.e., your Apple ID.
- Next, hit on “iCloud” followed by “Photos”.
- Lastly, toggle on the “iCloud Photo Library” (in iOS 15 or earlier) or “iCloud Photos”.
Setting up iCloud over Mac:
- First, launch “Photos” from the launch pad and then hit the “Photos” menu on the top left corner.
- Then, opt for the “Preferences” option and select “iCloud”.
- On the upcoming screen, hit on the “Options” button besides Photos.
- Lastly, check in the box beside “iCloud Photo Library”/“iCloud Photos” available under the iCloud tab.
Note: Please ensure to configure the same Apple ID across both devices to make this sync work. And both should have an active internet connection. Within a short while, your photos and videos will be synced automatically between your Mac computer and iPhone.
Part 3. Airdrop iPhone 13/12 photos to Mac
A yet another way to wirelessly transfer photos from iPhone 13/12 to Macbook is via Airdrop. Here is a detailed tutorial on how to transfer photos/videos from iPhone to mac.
- Your first move is to enable the Airdrop over your iPhone. To do this, launch Settings, then get into “General”. Now, scroll down to “AirDrop,” then set it up for “Everyone” to send data to any device.
- Next, you need to switch on AirDrop over your Mac. To do this, hit “Go” on the Finder menu and opt for “AirDrop”. Then, you need to set the AirDrop to “Everyone” here as well. The option is available just below the “AirDrop icon” at the bottom of the AirDrop window.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to Macbook:
- Once both the devices detect each other, launch the “Photos” app over your iPhone.
- Now, opt for the photos or videos that you wish to send over to your Mac.
- Once done, hit the “Share” button in the left-bottom corner and then opt for the “Mac” button over the AirDrop panel.
- Next, a pop-up window will appear over your Mac computer asking for your confirmation to accept the incoming photos. Hit on “Accept”.
- As soon as you do it, you’ll be asked to set the destination location where you wish to save the incoming photos or videos.
Part 4. Use Photos app to import iPhone photos/videos
Last but not least, this next method to import photos from iPhone to Mac is via the Photos app over your Mac. For this, you require an authentic Lightning cable to connect iPhone to your Mac computer. Here’s the step-by-step tutorial on transferring photos/videos from iPhone to Mac via the Photos app.
- Get your iPhone in connection with Mac using a genuine lightning cable. As soon as it is connected, the Photos app over your Mac will automatically come up.
Note: If you’re connecting your iPhone for the first time to your Mac, you will be asked first to unlock your device and “Trust” the computer.
- Over the Photos app, you’ll be presented with your photos over your iPhone. Simply hit on “Import All New items” button available over the right top corner. Or, hit on your iPhone from the left menu panel of the Photos app window.
- Next, preview the photos and opt for the ones you wish to import. Hit “Import Selected” afterward.
As we move towards the end of the article, we are now positive that you’ll no longer find any trouble transferring photos/videos from iPhone 13/12 to Macbook.
- Get Data from Android
- Transfer from Android to Android
- Transfer from Android to BlackBerry
- Import/Export Contacts to and from Android Phones
- Transfer Apps from Android
- Transfer from Andriod to Nokia
- Android to iOS Transfer
- Transfer from Andoid to iPhone
- Transfer from Samsung to iPhone
- Samsung to iPhone Transfer Tool
- Transfer from Sony to iPhone
- Transfer from Motorola to iPhone
- Transfer from Huawei to iPhone
- Transfer from Android to iPod
- Transfer Photos from Android to iPhone
- Transfer from Android to iPad
- Transfer videos from Android to iPad
- Get Data from Samsung
- Transfer Data to Samsung
- Transfer from Sony to Samsung
- Transfer from Motorola to Samsung
- Samsung Switch Alternative
- Samsung File Transfer Software
- LG Transfer
- Transfer from Samsung to LG
- Transfer from LG to Android
- Transfer from LG to iPhone
- Transfer Pictures From LG Phone to Computer
- Mac to Android Transfer