How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone: Every Possible Solution
“How to recover deleted photos from iPhone? Some of my photos were deleted by mistake, but I can’t seem to get them back!”
If you also have a similar doubt and would like to restore deleted photos from your iPhone, then you have come to the right place. From accidental deletion to the formatting of your iOS device, there could be all kinds of reasons for losing your photos. The good news is that learning how to recover deleted photos from iPhone is pretty easy. Here, I will list several solutions to retrieve deleted photos from iPhone with or without a prior backup.
Part 1: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone?
Let’s suppose that your photos were accidentally deleted from your iPhone and now you can’t retrieve them. In this case, you can try to get your photos back from an iCloud backup or via its recently deleted folder.Method 1: Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone via Recently Deleted Folder
If you have been using an iPhone for a while, then you might already know that the deleted pictures are not wiped away immediately. Instead, they are moved to a Recently Deleted folder where they are saved for the next 30 days.
Therefore, if it has not been 30 days, then you can restore deleted photos from the Recently Deleted folder. Here’s how to retrieve deleted photos from iPhone for free without any effort:
- All you got to do is launch the Photos app on your iPhone and tap on the “Recently Deleted” folder.
- Now, you can long-tap on the icon of any picture to select it or choose multiple pictures. You can also tap on the “Select” option from the top to do the same.
- Lastly, just tap on the “Recover” button at the bottom to retrieve deleted photos back to their original location.
One of the best things about iOS devices is that they can automatically be synced with an iCloud account. Since users get 5 GB of free space on iCloud, they often use it to keep a backup of their photos. Therefore, if you have also synced your photos with iCloud or have a backup, then you can easily recover deleted photos from your iPhone. To learn how to recover permanently deleted photos from iPhone via iCloud, follow these steps.
- If your photos were synced with iCloud, then you need to make sure that your device is logged-in to the same account.
- Afterward, you can just go to its Settings > Photos and turn on the option for iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Sharing.
- Besides that, you can further make sure that the syncing of photos over Cellular Data is enabled on your phone.
In case you want to recover deleted photos on your iPhone from an existing iCloud backup, then you need to reset your phone. This can be done by visiting its Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. Now, as your phone would be restarted, you can perform its initial setup and choose to restore data from an iCloud backup. Later, you can log in to the same iCloud account and select the backup to be restored on the device.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone without any Backup?
Even if you don’t have a prior backup saved anywhere, you can still restore deleted photos from your iPhone. To recover deleted photos on iPhone, you can use a reliable application like Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS). It is known to yield position results under all scenarios like a formatted iPhone, accidental data loss, corrupt device, virus attack, and so on.
Best alternative to Recuva to recover from any iOS devices
- Designed with the technology of recovering files from iTunes, iCloud or phone directly.
- Capable of recovering data in serious scenarios like device damaging, system crash or accidental deletion of files.
- Fully supports all the popular forms of iOS devices such as iPhone XS, iPad Air 2, iPod, iPad etc.
- Provision of exporting the files recovered from Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) to your computer easily.
- Users can speedily recover selective data types without having to load the entire chunk of data altogether.
The application is known for a high recovery rate and is considered the first iPhone data recovery tool. The best part is that there is no need to jailbreak your device to restore deleted photos. You can get back your photos, videos, contacts, music, documents, etc. and even preview them beforehand. To learn how to recover deleted photos from iPhone without a backup, you can follow this basic drill.Step 1: Select What you Wish to Scan on your iPhone
Firstly, just connect your iPhone to your computer using an authentic lightning cable and launch the “Data Recovery” tool from its welcome screen.
Now, you can go to the option to recover data from an iOS device from the sidebar. Here, you can manually select “Photos” or any other data type that you wish to scan. You can choose what you wish to recover or simply select all data types at once.Step 2: Wait for the Recovery Process to Complete
Once you click on the “Start Scan” button, you can just wait for a while for the process to be completed. Try not to remove the connected device in between and check the progress from an on-screen indicator.Step 3: Preview and Restore Deleted Photos
When the recovery process is completed, all the extracted data would be listed under different categories. Here, you can choose to view only the deleted data or all the extracted files. Lastly, just go to the “Photos” section to get a preview of the recovered pictures. You can select the pictures of your choice and click on the “Recover” button to save them.
Part 3: How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone via iTunes?
Apart from iCloud, you can also take the assistance of iTunes to recover deleted photos from your iPhone. Needless to say, this trick will only work if you have an existing backup of your iPhone stored on iTunes.Method 1: Restore an iTunes Backup Directly (Existing Data would be Lost)
If you want, you can directly use iTunes to restore an existing backup on your device. The only drawback is that the process will wipe the existing data on your iPhone. Also, the entire backup would be restored, and you can’t select what you wish to retrieve. If you are ready to take that risk, then you can restore deleted photos on your iPhone in the following way.
- Just connect your iPhone to your computer using a lightning cable and simply launch an updated iTunes version on it.
- Now, simply select the connected iPhone from the list of devices and go to its “Summary” tab.
- Here, go to the “Backups” tab and just click on the “Restore Backup” button to retrieve deleted photos on your device.
- As a new pop-up window would be launched, you can click on the dropdown menu and just select the backup that you wish to restore to your iPhone.
Since the previous method would erase the existing data on your iPhone, you might not wish to implement it. Don’t worry – you can still restore deleted photos from an iTunes backup without wiping the data on your device. To do this, you can take the assistance of Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS). The user-friendly application will let you select any iTunes backup, preview your data, and restore your files to your device without wiping its storage.Step 1: Select an iTunes Backup to Restore
At first, you can just connect your iPhone to the system, launch the Data Recovery feature of Dr.Fone, and select the option to restore data from an iTunes backup. From the list of the stored iTunes backup files, you can just select a preferred option.Step 2: Wait for the iTunes Backup to be Extracted
After selecting the iTunes backup, you can just wait for a while and let the application extract the content from the selected file.Step 3: Preview and Restore Deleted Photos
That’s it! You can now just preview the extracted data from the iTunes backup under different sections. For instance, you can go to the “Photos” section to preview your pictures, select the photos of your choice, and restore them to your iPhone.
I hope that after reading this guide, you would be able to restore deleted photos from your iPhone. As you can see, I have come up with detailed solutions on how to recover deleted pictures with or without a backup. You can easily recover deleted photos from your iPhone by restoring an existing iCloud/iTunes backup. Though, if you don’t have a prior backup stored, then an application like Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (iOS) can be used to retrieve deleted photos in all scenarios.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
iPhone Photo Transfer
- Import Photos to iPhone
- Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone
- Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud
- Transfer Photos from Laptop to iPhone
- Transfer Photos from Camera to iPhone
- Transfer Photos from PC to iPhone
- Export iPhone Photos
- Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer
- Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPad
- Import Photos from iPhone to Windows
- Transfer Photos to PC without iTunes
- Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop
- Transfer Photos from iPhone to iMac
- Extract Photos from iPhone
- Download Photos from iPhone
- Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10
- More iPhone Photo Transfer Tips