Detailed How-To: Switch from Samsung to iPhone XS/11
Buying a new iPhone XS/11 must be exciting, but what about moving all those data to new iPhone from your Samsung (Android) phone? If you think that switching from Samsung to iPhone XS/11 is going to weigh you down. Then you are yet to explore the world of options you have for that. As we understand the trouble of switching data between two devices from different platforms. We have taken great care to compile the best possible solutions for you.
In this article, we have mentioned the ultimate guide to switch from Samsung to iPhone XS/11. Keep reading to know more.
- Which data can be transferred from Samsung to iPhone XS/11
- Knowledge before you switch from Samsung to iPhone XS/11
- How to transfer data from Samsung to iPhone XS/11 using Move to iOS
- How to transfer everything from Samsung to iPhone XS/11 in One-Click
- How to selectively transfer Samsung data to iPhone XS/11
Which data can be transferred from Samsung to iPhone XS/11
When you transfer data between devices of the same OS, all data can be transferred, but for cross-platform transfers, there are restrictions. When you think of transferring data from Samsung to iPhone XS/11. There are numerous data types or file types that can be transferred and a few which can’t get transferred.
Here, we are going to list what you can and what you can’t transfer from Samsung to iPhone XS/11:
- Call history
- PDF and other documents
- App Data
Knowledge before you switch from Samsung to iPhone XS/11
Now that, you have an idea about what data can and can’t be transferred between different mobile platforms. Let’s understand what must be learned prior to moving data from Samsung to iPhone XS/11.
- Data backup: There is high risk of data loss during your move from Android to iPhone XS/11, so backup the Samsung data safely.
- Donation plan: You can adopt a phone donation plans after you transfer data from Samsung to iPhone XS/11. Such plans are available from organizations like Cell Phones for Soldiers (buys 1 hour of talk-time for soldiers), National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Shelter Alliance, Recycle for Victory (sleep-away camp for chronic medical condition or seriously ill kids).
- Old phone sales plan: You can sell your phone to people interested in buying second-hand phones after you transfer everything from Samsung to iPhone XS/11. uSell, CellSell, and Flipsy are among the few second-phone selling sites.
Note: For the donation and old-phone sales plans, you should erase your Samsung for your own data safety and avoid breach to your privacy. Unknown people shouldn’t access your contacts, emails, address or bank account, chat details or else, they may misuse it.
How to transfer data from Samsung to iPhone XS/11 using Move to iOS
Out of the various methods of data transfer from Samsung to iPhone XS/11, Move to iOS app from Apple is a very common one. This app helps you migrate data from your Samsung device to an iPhone XS/11. This app swiftly moves data from your Samsung phone to the iPhone XS/11, automatically. Contacts, messages, web bookmarks, videos, camera photos get transferred from Android to iOS device. The limiting factor here is, this app only transfers data to a brand new or factory reset iPhone/iPad.
Here is the detailed guide of Move to iOS app to move data from Samsung to iPhone XS/11 –
- On your Samsung phone, download Move to iOS app from the Google Play Store. Launch the app right after installing it.
- Now, set up the iPhone XS/11 with touch ID, language, passcode etc. Once you have setup the basic things, connect it to a strong Wi-Fi network. Go to the ‘Apps & Data’ section and then hit the ‘Move Data from Android’ tab over there.
- Get your Android/Samsung phone again and click on ‘Continue’ and then press the ‘Agree’ button over there. You will be prompted to feed a passcode here.
- Hit ‘Continue’ button on your iPhone XS/11 as well. It will show the passcode which you need to enter in the Android phone.
- Enter this on your Samsung device and then connect it to the Wi-Fi network. Select the desired data types from the list shown on screen and tap the ‘Next’ button.
- Wait a while to let the data get transferred and then press ‘Done’. Allow the iPhone some time to sync the entire Android device data which got transferred. Set up your iCloud account and complete the iPhone XS/11’s setup process. You can see all the data transferred on your iPhone XS/11 after that.
How to transfer everything from Samsung to iPhone XS/11 in One-Click
If you are planning to transfer everything from Samsung Note 8 to iPhone XS/11, then there is nothing better than dr.fone - Phone Transfer, which can do it with a single click.
Move from Samsung to iPhone XS/11 in One Click
- Transfers a wide variety of device data including contacts, photos, music, messages etc. to iPhone XS/11 without any glitch.
- Helps you transfer data between multiple platforms i.e. Android, iOS, WinPhone, etc. in one click.
- Compatible with 6000 plus device models from across popular brands like Apple, Samsung, HTC, HUAWEI, Google, etc.
- Ensures that you experience no data loss during the transfer process between devices.
Let’s see how does this tool helps you transfer data from Samsung to iPhone XS/11 using dr.fone - Phone Transfer –
Step 1: First of all get the software (dr.fone - Phone Transfer) installed on your computer and then launch it. Get your Samsung device and iPhone XS/11 connected with their respective USB cable to the computer.
Step 2: From the software interface, tap on the ‘Switch’ tab and then allow it to detect both your devices.
Note: Ensure to select the Samsung as your source and iPhone XS/11 as the target or destination device. Press the ‘Flip’ button, in case you have done a wrong selection to switch the target and source device positions.
Step 3: Now, mark the check boxes against each data type you want to transfer from Samsung Note 8 (or any Samsung device) to iPhone XS/11.
Step 4: Hit ‘Start Transfer’ button afterwards for initiating the data transfer from Android to iOS.
Note: Select ‘Clear Data before Copy’ in case the iPhone XS/11 is a used one. It will delete all the data before initiating the transfer process.
After a while the data will be transferred and you need to hit the ‘OK’ button. Now, you can view that all the transferred data from your Samsung device is visible on the iPhone XS/11.
How to selectively transfer Samsung data to iPhone XS/11
In case you are interested in switching from Samsung to iPhone XS/11 but wanting to selectively transfer the data, then dr.fone - Phone Manager is the most feasible solution.
Selectively Transfer Data from Samsung to iPhone XS/11
- Selectively imports and exports data from and to Samsung/iOS devices.
- Transfers files between your devices, and between your device and computer as well.
- You can manage, import, and export media files and apps as well using this tool.
- Transfers data between your Samsung and iTunes as well (a rarity for most data transferring tools in the market).
Here is the step by step guide of dr.fone - Phone Manager to transfer data from Samsung to iPhone XS/11 –
Step 1: Install dr.fone - Phone Manager on your computer and launch it. Then get the lighting cable and USB cable to connect your iPhone XS/11 and Samsung mobile to the computer respectively.
Note: You need to ‘Trust this Computer’ on your iPhone X Plus, in order to connect it with the PC.
Step 2: Now, hit the ‘Transfer’ tab from the dr.fone interface and then pick your Samsung device as the source from the top left corner.
Step 3: The screen will now show you a varied range of data types as tabs on the top bar. As we are going to selectively transfer data, let’s pick ‘Photos’ in this case. From the left side panel, select the desired photo album and then check the ones you want to move to your iPhone XS/11.
Step 4: Click the ‘Export’ button and then from the drop down menu select ‘Export to Device’.
Now, follow the onscreen prompts to complete the process. You can check the transferred photos on your iPhone XS/11 by browsing the photos folder.
iPhone XS (Max)
- iPhone XS (Max) Contacts
- Transfer contacts from old iPhone to iPhone XS (Max)
- Transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XS (Max)
- Free iPhone XS (Max) Contact Manager
- iPhone XS (Max) Music
- Transfer music from Mac to iPhone XS (Max)
- Sync iTunes music to iPhone XS (Max)
- Add ringtones to iPhone XS (Max)
- iPhone XS (Max) Messages
- Transfer messages from Android to iPhone XS (Max)
- Transfer messages from old iPhone to iPhone XS (Max)
- iPhone XS (Max) Data
- iPhone XS (Max) Tips
- Switch from Samsung to iPhone XS (Max)
- Transfer photos from Android to iPhone XS (Max)
- Unlock iPhone XS (Max) Without Passcode
- Unlock iPhone XS (Max) Without Face ID
- Restore iPhone XS (Max) from Backup
- iPhone XS (Max) Troubleshooting