How to Delete Photos from iPhone But Not iCloud
"Apple has a storage in the real cloud its name is iCloud" ...That would be the lamest thing you would ever hear or read. Jokes apart, just like other cloud storage, iCloud is the service given by apple for apple users to store their data in it. It is there already on iPhone and another Apple device, and to access the iCloud, you need to have a unique apple id and password. But how to delete photos but not iCloud to free storage?
Part 1: How to Delete Photos from iPhone But Not iCloud?
Method 1: Turn Off iCloud Photos
Turning off the iCloud Photos in your iPhone is one of the nice methods to delete pictures from iPhone but not iCloud. Follow the steps given below as it is.
- Firstly, open the "Setting" app on your iPhone.
- Now tap on the Apple ID showing your name.
- After that, you have to select "iCloud." You can see this subtitle below the name, security, and payment.
- Now, tap on "iCloud Photos" and turn it off. Down below, you can see "My Photo Stream," turn it on. Once you will do it, the iCloud album from iPhone will get deleted, but the album in your iCloud intact will remain as it is.
Method 2: Try iCloud Alternatives
You can even avoid the question "how to delete pictures from iPhone but not iCloud if you use an iCloud alternative. You can go for third-party cloud storage to upload the photos, and nothing will get affected when you delete stuff from your iPhone. So, there are many iCloud alternatives you can opt to use, as per your requirements.
Some of the well known and trusted iCloud alternatives are as follows:
- Google Photos
If you are using this cloud storage, one of the best things you will experience is you won't have to upload your pictures manually. You can set up these storage apps so that as soon as you click photos on your phone, they will directly get uploaded to these cloud storage.
By doing this, you can be pretty sure about the image you have in your cloud. Your images won't get deleted even if you delete stuff from your iPhone. But be sure you are connected to the internet so that the image could get uploaded as soon as it can.
Method 3: Use Another iCloud Account
If you want to delete photos from iPhone but not iCloud, using another iCloud account can be a great option. It is very simple. All you need is to upload your images to your main iCloud account. And then sign out from this account.
After that, you can sign in with a new Apple ID on your iPhone. If you try to delete things from your iPhone, the iCloud stuff will be safe and won't get affected anyway. Secondly, you can also access your photos whenever you wish to by logging into your main account.
Method 4: Use Dr.Fone Phone manager to backup to computer
The universal and the basic thing you can do is use Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) to back up your data on your computer. In case if you think you want something very simple, quick, and the best alternate to delete photos from iPhone but not iCloud, you can go for backing up your data on your computer using the Dr.Fone application.
Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) is the power pack all in one application that can do tons and tons of your work just like that. Here are the features that you can do with Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS).
- Transfer contacts, SMS, photos, music, video on your iPhone and iPad
- Manage your data by exporting, adding, deleting, etc.
- No iTunes is needed for transferring between iPhone, iPad, and computers
- Fully support iOS 15 and all iOS devices
To backup using this tool, here are the steps you should follow:
Step 1: Download and launch Dr.Fone toolkit on your PC. Then for the phone manager option.
Step 2: Now, connect your iPhone to your PC, and then on the home screen, hit on transfer device photos to PC button.
Step 3: Now, wait for the process to complete. That's it. Your photos will be backed up on your PC. Now, you can delete photos from your iPhone without worrying about data loss of photos.
Method 5: Download iCloud Photos to Computer
Downloading pictures to your computer from iCloud is just a matter of a few clicks if you are using iCloud to backup your data. In case you are not backing up your pictures on the cloud or iCloud, you should do it for the sake of your data safety.
If you download your pictures to your computer, it will be best to keep your data safe from deletion. Even if you delete photos from iPhone and iCloud, your image will be secure on your computer. So, all you have to do is download pictures from your iCloud to your computer.
To do it, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the browser on your PC, and open the iCloud site by clicking here. Now, you have to log in with your Apple ID to request you to enter the credentials.
- On the left side of the screen, you can see the library section from where you have to click on "Photos."
- Over here, you can see all the photos you have ever captured by your iPhone. All the images are backed up in your iCloud.
- Now, check all the photos and find the ones you want to download to your computer. You can switch to "album" or "moments" to see your pictures according to the category. You can also scroll and check out the entire image.
- To select your photos, you can hold and click on the pictures you want to download, or if you want to download all the images you can also press Ctrl + A. The number of images you have selected can be seen in the upper right corner of the screen. It is upon you how many photos you want to select.
- Now comes the downloading of the photos you selected. To do this, you have to click on the "Download" button from the top of the screen, where there are many menus present. The downloading icon is in the shape of a cloud. Click on it to download the selected image.
- Once you click on that icon, you will be prompted with a dialogue box. To save the images, click "Save File" and then click "OK."
If you have downloaded, multiple photos window will automatically give you a zip file to download which you can unzip after downloading it to your computer. There is multiple software to ease this process as well.
Note: You can find the downloaded file in the Download folder or whatever path you have selected.
More Tips for You:
Part 2: Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: "Where do my iPhone photos go when I delete?"
Ans: iPhone's Photos app a dedicated folder namely "Recently Deleted Album". When you delete a photo, the photo goes automatically in this folder. However, it remains in the folder only for 30 days. After that, it gets deleted permanently.
Ques: "Can I delete all photos on my iPhone at once?"
Ans: You can delete all your photos from your iPhone at once but it has to be done manually. What you have to do is open the "All Photos" folder, tap on the "Select" and next tap on the last photo after that swipe across and up the screen. Then delete it at once.
Ques: "Does deleting Photos from iPhone delete from Google Photos?"
Ans: No, if you delete photos from your iPhone, it won't get deleted from your Google photos. It will only get deleted if you manually go into Google Photos and delete a particular photo.
Well, this is the end of the article but we've learnt a hell of a lot of things in this article. From Cloud to app and what not you can find in here. So here is the time to conclude things traditionally. Let's find out what are the things we have learnt so far.
- We got to know about what iCloud is, and where and how we can use it.
- Secondly, you got to know how to delete photos from iPhone but not iCloud.
- Next, we got to know about the app that can help you to backup your images to your computer in a few clicks.
Hope you find this article interesting and if you liked this article all you have to do is a comment on which part you like the most.
- iPhone Managing Tips
- iPhone Contacts Tips
- iCloud Tips
- iPhone Message Tips
- Activate iPhone without SIM card
- Activate New iPhone AT&T
- Activate New iPhone Verizon
- How to Use iPhone Tips
- Other iPhone Tips
- Best iPhone Photo Printers
- Call Forwarding Apps for iPhone
- Security Apps for iPhone
- Things You Can Do with Your iPhone on the Plane
- Internet Explorer Alternatives for iPhone
- Find iPhone Wi-Fi Password
- Get Free Unlimited Data on Your Verizon iPhone
- Free iPhone Data Recovery Software
- Find Blocked Numbers on iPhone
- Sync Thunderbird with iPhone
- Update iPhone with/without iTunes
- Turn off find my iPhone when phone is broken