4 Ways to Recover Deleted Data on iPhone X
Even though iPhone X has tons of advanced features, it suffers from a few common issues as well. For instance, there are times when users can lose their important data due to any unforeseen situation. If your data has been deleted on iPhone X, then you have come to the right place. In this comprehensive post, we will let you know about iPhone X data recovery in a stepwise manner. For your convenience, we have come up with 4 different ways to recover data on iPhone X.
Part 1: Restore lost data from iTunes/iCloud Backup
If you have already taken a backup of your data on iCloud or local storage via iTunes, then you can easily restore your content. Apple provides a trouble-free way to perform iPhone X data recovery. First, let’s consider how to do it with iTunes.
Restore iPhone X from iTunes backup
- 1. Start by launching an updated version of iTunes on your system and connect your iPhone X to it.
- 2. Once it is detected, go to the Device icon to select your iPhone X.
- 3. Now, from the left panel, visit its Summary page.
- 4. Under the Backup section, click on the “Restore Backup” button.
- 5. It will launch a pop-up window, from where you can choose to restore the backup file.
Wait for a while as iTunes will restore your backup on iPhone X
Though, if you wish to perform iPhone X data recovery via iCloud, then you can follow these steps:
Restore iPhone X from iCloud backup
- 1. Make sure that you are setting up your iPhone X in order to restore its iCloud backup. If that is not the case, then you need to reset your device.
- 2. To do this, go to its Settings > General > Reset and choose to “Erase All Content and Settings” on your device.
- 3. Confirm your choice and reset your device. As it would restart, you will get a chance to perform its setup from the scratch.
- 4. From here, you need to select the option of “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- 5. Provide your Apple ID and password that is linked to your iCloud account to proceed.
- 6. Now, you can choose the iCloud backup file and proceed.
- 7. Wait for a while as iPhone will restore the content from the iCloud backup.
Even though both of these solutions are freely available, they have a major drawback. You can’t selectively restore your content from the backup. It will restore your phone entirely while wiping the old content and restoring the new files. Users can’t simply pick the kind of data files they wish to restore. If you wish to perform a selective iPhone X data recovery without resetting your device, then read the next section.
Part 2: How to recover deleted data on iPhone X directly?
By taking the assistance of dr.fone - iOS Data Recovery, you can retrieve the previously deleted content on your device. One of the first recovery tools for iOS devices, it can restore the previously deleted content on iPhone X. Though, to get optimum results, you should perform the recovery operation as soon as possible.
World's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software
- Provide with three ways to recover iPhone data.
- Scan iOS devices to recover photos, video, contacts, messages, notes, etc.
- Extract and preview all content in iCloud/iTunes backup files.
- Selectively restore what you want from iCloud/iTunes backup to your device or computer.
- Compatible with latest iPhone models.
Beforehand, you'd better check if you have backed up data to iTunes before. If not, and you want to recover all the data from ios devices directly, it would be much difficult to recover media content from your iphone x direclty. some of the data will fail to be scanned.
1. Install dr.fone toolkit on your system and launch it to perform the data recovery operation. From the welcome screen, select the option of “Data Recovery”.
2. Connect your iPhone X to the system and let the application detect it automatically.
3. As you will get an interface like this, you can choose to perform a recovery operation on the deleted content. You can also choose the kind of content you wish to recover.
4. After making your selection, click on the “Start Scan” button.
5. Wait for a while as dr.fone will scan your iPhone X. You can get to know about the progress from an on-screen indicator. Make sure that your device is connected to the system till the process is completed.
6. After completing the scan, you can preview your data. It will be listed in different categories as well for your convenience.
7. Simply select the data that you wish to retrieve and Restore it to your Device or the local storage. There are different buttons for both of these options.
Part 3: How to recover deleted data on iPhone X from iTunes backup?
You should update your iTunes as well. Avoid the automatic sync of iTunes by visiting its Preferences > Devices and enabling the option of “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically”. If you have already taken a backup of your iPhone via iTunes, then you can also restore it with dr.fone iOS Data Recovery. This won’t restore your device entirely and you would be able to select the kind of data you wish to recover. It can be done by following these steps:
1. Launch dr.fone on your system and connect your iPhone X to it as well. From the home screen, select the option of “Data Recovery”.
2. You can click on the “Recover from iTunes backup file” from the left panel to proceed. A list of iTunes backup files with their details would be listed on the right.
3. Select the iTunes backup file you wish to restore and click on the “Start Scan” button.
4. Wait for a while as the application will retrieve the iTunes backup and segregate it into different categories.
5. You can simply pick the content you wish to retrieve and restore it on your device or the local storage.
Part 4: How to recover deleted data on iPhone X from iCloud backup?
Just like iTunes backup, you can also selectively restore your data from iCloud backup as well using dr.fone iOS Data Recovery. Without resetting your device, you can perform iPhone X data recovery by following these steps:
1. Launch dr.fone toolkit on your system and select the option of “Data Recovery” to begin with. Also, you need to connect your phone to your system as well.
2. From the left panel, select the option of “Restore from iCloud backup file”.
3. Now, sign-in to your iCloud account by providing your credentials on the interface.
4. Afterward, a list of all the iCloud backup files will be provided with their basic details. Simply choose the backup file of your choice and download it on your local system.
5. Once the download is completed, you will get the following pop-up message. From here you can pick the kind of data you wish to recover and click on the “Next” button.
6. Sit back and relax as the interface will retrieve your backup content. You can preview it from the interface and choose to restore it on the device or the local storage.
By following this guide, you would be able to perform iPhone X data recovery without much trouble. Simply take the assistance of dr.fone iOS Data Recovery tool retrieve the deleted content from iPhone X and recover your iTunes or iCloud backup as per your requirements. Go ahead and give it a try and never lose your important data files.