How to Display Song Lyrics for iTunes and iPod
When a person listen to a song, he or she will usually sing to the lyrics if necessary. However, lyrics is one of the missing feature in all versions of iTunes. Yes, it's right, that you can edit the lyrics by the Get Info item, but how can you display it, is the tricky part. Does that mean you'll have to wait for Apple to upgrade iTunes for a more powerful lyric features? Of course NOT! This article will show you how you can display song lyrics in your iTunes and iPod.
Part 1. Display Lyrics for iTunes
To display lyrics on your iTunes, there are some available plug-in to do this. One of them is the iTunes visualizer, a Cover Version which displays the album cover artwork of the currently playing song as well as lyric if there is. The lyrics of the track will be displayed on top of the album cover artwork, while artist name and music title will be placed at the bottom (just as illustrated in the screenshot below).
Cover Version is both available for Windows and Mac. It's easy to install, just put the CoverVersion (CoverVersion.dll) to Library>iTunes>iTunes Plug-ins of your home directory in Mac. Alternatively move them into the plug-ins folder under iTunes installation folder in Windows.
To view the lyrics in iTunes, go to View >Visualizer > CoverVersion .
Note: Cover Version do not fetch lyrics nor audio from the Internet. It only displays the lyrics that has already been embedded in the audio track. If you'll like to fetch the lyrics online, you may try out iTunes Lyrics Importer.
Part 3. View Lyrics on iPod
You may also be interested in viewing lyrics on your iPod. In fact, it's also very easy as long as your songs have got the lyrics embedded. After copying songs to your iPod, follow the steps below:
1. Start playing any song to which you've added lyrics.
2. Hit the Center button repeatedly until you see the lyric on iPod.
Here's the order of options when you press the Center button if there are album art or lyrics:
Play status > Scrubber > Album Art > Lyrics/Description > Rating
This is the situation for songs that have no album art and lyric data.
Play status > Scrubber > Rating
Part 4. Manage iPod Easily on PC
Now you know how to view lyrics on your iTunes and iPod, it would be a pity if you lack a powerful tool to easily manage iPod from your PC, such as transferring data between iPod and iTunes/PC, bulk installing/uninstalling iPod Music apps, and managing contacts and messages.
Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS)
Simple-to-Use Tool to Manage iPod Easily on PC
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Bulk install and uninstall iOS apps.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Fully compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11 and iPod.
- iTunes Issues
- 1. Can't Connect to iTunes Store
- 2. iTunes Not Responding
- 3. iTunes Not Detecting iPhone
- 4. iTunes Problem with Windows Installer Package
- 5. Why iTunes is Slow?
- 6. iTunes Won't Open
- 7. iTunes Error 7
- 8. iTunes Has Stopped Working on Windows
- 9. iTunes Match Not Working
- 10. Can't Connect to App Store
- 11. App Store Not Working
- iTunes How-tos
- 1. Reset iTunes Password
- 2. iTunes Update
- 3. iTunes Purchase History
- 4. Install iTunes
- 5. Get Free iTunes Card
- 6. iTunes Remote Android App
- 7. Speed Up Slow iTunes
- 8. Change iTunes Skin
- 9. Format iPod without iTunes
- 10. Unlock iPod without iTunes
- 11. iTunes Home Sharing
- 12. Display iTunes Lyrics
- 13. iTunes Plugins
- 14. iTunes Visualizers