How To Block Spam Messages On Your Android and iPhone
- • Part 1:How to block a number, which has recently sent you a spam text
- • Part 2: How to block a number from your contact list
- • Part 3: Use of third party apps to block spam text messages in iPhones and Androids
This process is very simple and does not require any technical skills to work it out. The following are necessary steps for blocking a number, which has sent you a spam text on your iPhone or Android.
Step1. Tap and hold the text message of the spammer
Tap and add the text message of the sender until Delete the message or Add to spam option is displayed right on top of your screen. Select Add to Spamto automatically blacklist the numbers of the spammer.
Step2. Turn on the spam filter
FromSettingsscroll down toSpam filterand tap on it.
Step3. Ensure that the feature is ON
After turning on the Spam filter, make sure that the button on the top of the screen is green (it indicates that the filter is on).
Step4 . Add number to spam list
Select Add to Spam Numbers from the spam filter catalogue. Here, manually include the numbers from your Contacts or Call logs. This action blocks the text messages from all the contacts you have added to your spam list.
Note: If you block unknown senders, you simply eliminate the chances of individuals not on your list ever contacting you. The unknown senders may be your friend or relatives. I would therefore recommend blocking only specific numbers.
Step1. Block the number from the Setting
Go to your Setting then Phone the Block. Finally Add new number in the Block catalogue
Step 2.Select the number
Select the number you wish to block from your Contacts list.
Step3. Alternatively, retrieve the contact from your messages
You can also retrieve the contact from your Messages or Recent callsfrom your dialer.
Step4. Tap "i" next the number or name
After selecting the contact number, tap the "i" next to the name of the contact or the phone numbers itself.
Step5. Block the number
Hit on the Block dialogue box at the bottom of the screen. This will automatically block the number from contacting you through calls or messages.
This is a free app that allows you to create your own memes. It allows you to change captions with a single tap, which may take more than one line. It also posts memes directly to your most popular sites.
It supports android phones, iPod, iPad, and iPhone.
- • It boasts as the only app that can support multiple –image memes.
- • It is very simple to use especially for starters. Basically the app was designed from the start to be intuitive
- • It is costly. The buy it now version very expensive.
TextCop allows you to unsubscribe from unwanted text messages and opt out from premium messages. More importantly, this awesome app saves you more time and money from irritating premium subscriptions. This app also helps you to take control of your phones bills and messages.
It supports iPads and iPhones
- • It can scan texts and iMessages for phishing scams or any risky elements.
- • Has a unique authority for reporting spam messages and spam numbers. This allows for appropriate action to be taken to avoid such incidences in the future.
- • Sharing information with the database may be a risky venture especially when dealing with vital personal data.
#3 Mr. Number app
This is a user-friendly app, faster and easy to use especially when handling it for the first time. It possesses multiple options for how to block text messages and also unwanted calls from one individual, a certain area code or the entire world. It is powerful and contains a reverse number look up for your Android phone.
It supports both Androids and iPhones operating system.
- • It has an enabled caller ID that allows you to identify the spammer.
- • It has a reversed lookup, which provides you with more information about the spammer.
- • It has a limited number of lookups. The first twenty reserve lookups are and charges for any additional lookups.
- • It does not contain the log export option and has constant pop-up ads.
#4.Phone Warrior app
This is a powerful app used to block unwanted messages and nuisance calls on your android and iPhone. The app relies more on the concept of machine learning and crowd sourcing for numbers under the spam category.
It supports Androids, Symbian and Blackberry operating system.
- • Reliable. The app works very well thus eliminating the problem of constant spammers.
- • Innovative method. The idea of using the principle of applying crowd sourcing of numbers is very innovative rather than an obvious idea.
- • It tends to overlook basic iPhone design principles. The phone could have a unique feature for turning on or off the notifications other than displaying blocked notifications from the app.
- Message Sending Tricks
- Send Anonymous Messages
- Send Group Message
- Send and Receive Message from Computer
- Send Free Message from Computer
- Online Message Operations
- SMS Services
- Message Protection
- Various Message Operations
- Forward Text Message
- Track Messages
- Read Messages
- Get Message Records
- Schedule Messages
- Recover Sony Messages
- Sync Message across Multiple Devices
- View iMessage History
- Love Messages
- Message Tricks for Android
- Message Apps for Android
- Recover Android Messages
- Recover Android Facebook Message
- Recover Messages from Broken Adnroid
- Recover Messages from SIM Card on Adnroid
- Samsung-Specific Message Tips