Two Ways to Save Text Messages/iMessages from iPhone to Mac
A lot of users have asked us lately how to save text messages from iPhone to Mac. After all, our messages can have the kind of conversations and important content that we don’t like to lose. While it is easy to take an extensive backup of your device, you might need to walk an extra mile to learn how to transfer messages from iPhone to Mac. Don’t worry – we are here to help you transfer messages from iPhone to Mac. In this guide, we will teach you how to sync old messages from iPhone to Mac in 2 foolproof ways.
Part 1: How to save text messages/iMessages from iPhone to Mac using dr.fone?
The easiest way to learn how to save text messages from iPhone to Mac is by using dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS). It is a part of the dr.fone toolkit and can transfer different kinds of data files like photos, videos, contacts, notes, message, etc. between Mac and iPhone. You can even move iTunes media without using iTunes. Therefore, without using any complicated application like iTunes you can learn how to sync old messages from iPhone to Mac using dr.fone.
It has a user-friendly interface and follows an intuitive process. You can export or import your important data files and manage your content pretty easily. The iOS device won’t be harmed as you transfer messages from iPhone to Mac. In fact, dr.fone provides a 100% safe and reliable solution. Additionally, it is compatible with every popular iOS device and runs on leading Mac and Windows systems. You can learn how to transfer messages from iPhone to Mac by following these steps.
Transfer MP3 to iPhone/iPad/iPod without iTunes
- Transfer, manage, export/import your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc.
- Backup your music, photos, videos, contacts, SMS, Apps etc. to computer and restore them easily.
- Transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc from one smartphone to another.
- Transfer media files between iOS devices and iTunes.
- Fully compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11 and iPod.
1. To get things started, launch dr.fone toolkit on your Mac. You can either buy the product to access its premium features or try its free version as well. From its welcome screen, click on the "Phone Manager" module.
2. Connect your iPhone to the system and simply wait for a few seconds as it would automatically be detected by the application. The tool will prepare it for the transfer process and provide some quick shortcuts as well.
3. To transfer messages from iPhone to Mac, you have to visit the “Information” tab on the interface.
4. This will let you manage your Contacts and Messages. From the left panel, click on the SMS option to view all the messages stored on your device.
5. Here, you can preview the messages of your choice by simply clicking on a message thread. In this way, you can handpick the messages you wish to move. If you want, you can select all the messages saved on the device as well.
6. Now, in order to transfer messages from iPhone to Mac, click on the Export button. You will get an option to export the selected messages on different file formats (text, HTML, or CSV).
7. Select the option of your choice to proceed. If you want to edit them on Excel, then we recommend exporting them as a CSV file.
8. This will launch a pop-up browser window. From here, you can select the location where you wish to store the exported file.
That’s it! By following these easy steps you would be able to learn how to save text messages from iPhone to Mac. Besides messages, you can also maintain a copy of your contacts, photos, and other important files to keep them safe.
Part 2: How to save text messages/iMessages from iPhone to Mac through backup
There is another method that you can try to learn how to sync old messages from iPhone to Mac. Though, this would also involve the use of a third-party tool. This is because iTunes can’t selectively take the backup of your device. It takes a comprehensive backup of your iPhone and we need a database extractor to selectively restore our messages. Even though this technique is more complicated than the previous one, you can learn how to transfer messages from iPhone to Mac by following these steps:
1. Firstly, you need to take a backup of your device via iTunes (if you haven’t already). Simply connect your iOS device to the system and launch an updated version of iTunes.
2. Select the device and go to its Summary > Backups section. From here, you can take a backup on the local system.
3. After taking a backup of your device via iTunes, go to Finder and visit the Library folder.
4. From here, you need to visit the Application Support folder.
5. Again, go to MobileSync > Backup to find a folder with a random Hexadecimal name.
6. Once you will visit this folder, you can view the backup of your text messages on Mac. Simply copy this file and paste it on any easily accessible location (like the Desktop).
7. Now, you need to launch any database extractor that works for Mac. You can either try MesaSQLite or SQLiteDBBrowser. We have used MesaSQLite as it works flawlessly with Mac. You can download MesaSQLite for Mac from right here.
8. After installing MesaSQLite on your Mac, launch it and extract the iTunes backup file that you have recently copied on the Desktop.
9. Once the file has been extracted, you can go to the Messages > Text fields to preview your text messages. You can also find any text message from the Search bar and read it on its native interface. Additionally, you can import this file to any other format as well.
As you can see, the second option is a bit complicated to learn how to save text messages from iPhone to Mac. If you want to have a hassle-free experience to transfer messages from iPhone to Mac, then try dr.fone - Phone Manager (iOS). It is a remarkable application and will let you transfer or manager your iPhone content without much trouble. Since it is pretty easy to use, you can also teach your family and friends as well how to transfer messages from iPhone to Mac using dr.fone - Phone Manager.
- Secrets on iPhone Message Deletion
- Recover iPhone Messages
- Recover iPhone Messages
- Recover iPhone Facebook Message
- Recover iMessages from iPhone
- Restore iCloud Message
- Backup iPhone Messages
- Save iPhone Messages
- Transfer iPhone Messages
- More iPhone Message Tricks