How to Recover Deleted Photos from GoPro Hero 5?
GoPro Hero 5 is one of the best cameras designed and it is still very popular in the market. With amazing capabilities and capture feature, GoPro has been attracting customers all around the world. But when it comes to new devices, you can never be sure enough that they will hold the files. So, here we are going to learn about GoPro recovery software which can help you to restore the deleted and lost files from any device.
Part 1. What Is a GoPro?
GoPro Hero 5 was introduced to the customers in the year 2016. With waterproof technology up to 10m and 4k video recording up to 30 fps and 1080 pixels, it surely one the best choice in the GoPro series. The people who don’t want to spend a lot on the professional camcorders, they can choose this camera as it also has anti-shock feature, high video and photo quality.
The action camera comes with a mobile phone app so that the photos can be sent directly to your phone. With stunning looks and durable design, the camera is worth the money. The camera can provide a preview of the shots and have playback features so that you can enjoy recording and shoot at the same time. Plus, the camera comes with voice commands to give you hands-free control. If you like, then you can also get a subscription for GoPro Plus with additional cloud storage to have easy access to all your files.
In some unexpected situations, the users end up losing their device photo. Sometimes, the files are deleted intentionally and other times, they get deleted due to file error, corrupted files, virus attack or other common issues. And if no backup is made of the files on the camera, then you might lose them permanently. Luckily, there is a guaranteed solution available on the internet as GoPro recovery software. So, don’t worry about losing your files forever.
Part 2. Free Download Recoverit Photo Recovery:
Whether you have GoPro 4 or 3 or any other camera, the devices will always be susceptible to data loss no matter what. But you can try our GoPro recovery tool to get them. The software will make sure that none of your files are lost permanently. The software is compatible with all GoPro cameras, like the GoPro Hero 5, GoPro Hero 4 Silver, GoPro Hero 4 Session, GoPro Hero 3+, GoPro Hero 3 Black, GoPro Hero 3 Silver, GoPro Hero Action, GoPro HD Helmet Hero, GoPro HD Hero 2, etc.
Every single feature of the photo recovery tool is impeccable so that you can successfully recover your files in a matter of seconds. The amazing features that make the software remarkable are given below:
- Easy-to-use restoration tool for photos, videos, music files, and audios.
- Restore a wide array of photo format with just one click.
- Recovery from all files systems including FAT, APFS, HFS, NTFS, etc.
- Quick and Advanced mode scan for better search results.
- Preview feature to have a look at the recoverable data.
- Selective recovery under various circumstances.
As you can see, Recoverit can help you in any situation to get your media files back. And its deep scan mode is especially helpful to look for the file which you thought was beyond recovery.
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Photos from GoPro Hero 5:
As you can see, recovering lost photos from GoPro Hero 5/4/3 and other models can be done easily with the help of Recoverit Photos Recovery. But before you try to recover the files, you have to make sure that the device is connected with the system properly. There are two ways by which you can connect your GoPro Camera with the computer to use Recoverit for Photo recovery.
- A USB cable: By directly inserting the cable, the device storage will be displayed on the screen. You can access the storage on the computer easily now.
- SD card reader: you can also take the SD card from the device and use an SD Card reader for the computer. This way, you can make sure that the connection isn’t interrupted.
This is how to get back deleted photos from GoPro using the Recoverit Data Recovery Software.
Step 1: Run Recoverit and Specify A Location:
Begin with downloading and installing the software on your computer. As soon as the software is installed on your system, launch it. Connect your camera with the system or use an SD card to read the storage. You will have to specify the storage location so that the software can scan the storage media for lost and deleted files.
Step 2: Scan The Device:
Tap on the Start button and the software will scan the device storage. Once the scan is complete, the files will be displayed on the screen. You will see the files sorted out according to their formats. As the software is also capable of recovering video files, they will also be listed in the results.
Step 3: Preview And Recover the Files:
The software allows you to have a preview of the files. Tick the square box in front of the files to select them. You can choose multiple files at once and recover them altogether. Once you’ve selected all the files, hit the recover button and wait while the software restores the files to your system.
Make sure that you don’t restore the files in the original space otherwise they will get lost again. Restore them on your system and then copy them to any other storage media.
Part 4. How to Prevent Another Photos Loss from GoPro Cameras:
If you don’t want something like this to happen again in the near future, then you have to gain some insight into the situations that leads to data loss. Whether it is GoPro or any other device, you need to be careful while handling the device. So, here are some tips that will not only help you to understand what leads to the data loss but also provide you an insight into what you can do to prevent it.
1: What Causes Deleted Photos from GoPro Hero 5:
There are several reasons that lead to unexpected data loss. And the main reasons are mentioned below:
- Corrupt SD Card: When the data gets corrupted, it starts affecting the other files too and eventually all files get corrupted and they become inaccessible.
- Loss of Power: Sometimes, when the files are being written on the storage media and suddenly power loss happens, you will end up losing the files too.
- Accidental Deletion: In the worst scenarios, the files can get deleted by the user himself. And when the files are deleted accidentally, you can’t even figure out which file is deleted.
- Formatted Storage: If you intentionally or unintentionally format the drive, the existing files on the storage media get deleted.
- Extreme heat: Overuse of any device can lead to malfunction and extreme is one of the end results of overuse. It makes it hard for the device to read and write data on the storage device.
- Physical damage and Mishandling: When the camera is physically damaged and the damage is pretty serious, then there are chances that your files will also get lost.
- Virus attack: In some cases, virus or malware attack on the Card also leads to deletion of data on the device.
2: What to Do Against Deleted Photos from GoPro:
Once you have lost your files, there are few things you should take care of to make sure that they can still be recovered. The things you should do are listed below:
- The first thing you need to remember is that don’t try deleting more files. And if you do, then make sure that you are cautious enough to perform the deletion properly.
- Once the files are deleted, there is a risk that they will get overwritten. So, stop taking photos from your GoPro hero
- Take out the card and keep it somewhere safe so that it doesn’t get physically damaged too until you figure out the way to recover the files.
- Remember to use Recoverit Photo recovery tool to get the files back immediately.
- Don’t try restoring the photos in the same location where it was located before deletion.
As you can see, recovering the lost or deleted files from GoPro Hero 5/4/3 or any other device is not impossible. If you have the best tool for recovery, then you can easily recover all of your lost files. So, the next time when someone faces a situation like this, don’t forget to recommend Recoverit GoPro recovery software. This will help your friends and family so that they don’t lose their precious memories.
- Recover Photos from Camera
- Recover Photos from Canon Camera
- Recover Photos from GoPro
- Recover Photos from DJIDrone
- Recover Photo from Polaroid Camera
- Recover Photos from Nikon Camera
- Recover Photo from Kodak Camera
- Recover Photo from SD Card