Hide Windows Recycle Bin: 6 Tactics You May Not Know
Recycle Bin in Windows lets you access and restore files you never meant to delete. However, there are a fair amount of people who find Recycle Bin of no use on their desktop. So, they are more inclined towards making it disappear from the desktop. If you are one of those and want to know how to hide Recycle Bin from desktop, we are sharing some tactics that you might have not familiarized with before. There are multiple ways to hide Recycle Bin and get rid of it from the desktop. To learn those, please scroll down.
Part 1: Hide Recycle Bin in Windows 10 and Windows 7
Following are the three ways to hide recycle bin in Windows 10 and Windows 7. Please read and follow the steps thoroughly.
1.1 Pin to Start Menu
The primary way to get the task done is to pin the Recycle Bin to Start menu. Here is how to hide Recycle Bin using this method. It includes only two clicks and steps are going to be same for Windows 10 and 7.
- On your desktop, simply right click on your “Recycle Bin” icon.
- Choose “Pin to Start” and that’s it.
- You can now see the Recycle Bin as a tile in the Start menu.
1.2 Place on the file explorer
You can also hide Recycle Bin from desktop using this way. For this, you just have to open File Explorer by pressing “Windows + E”. Now, drag and drop Recycle Bin from the desktop.
1.3 Remove from desktop in settings
Here is the last way to hide Recycle Bin from desktop. You may found deleting or hiding Recycle Bin a bit baffling in Windows 10. However, we have figured out the steps for both – Windows 10 and Windows 7. Here are the steps.
To hide Recycle Bin in Windows 10:
- On your desktop, right click and select “Personalize”.
- On the Personalization section, choose “Themes” from the left panel. Scroll down for “Desktop icon settings” located under the “Related Settings” section.
- Now, the “Desktop Icon Settings” window will welcome you. Here, in the “Desktop Icons” section, uncheck the tiny box next to “Recycle Bin” and click on “Apply”.
- It will be invisible from the desktop now.
To hide Recycle Bin on Windows 7 and 8:
- Start with right clicking on the desktop and pick out “Personalize”
- Click on “Change desktop icons” followed by removing the tick from “Recycle Bin” option.
- Hit “Apply” and then “OK”.
Part 2: Show Recycle Bin in Windows 10 and Windows 7
In case you regret hiding Recycle Bin and wish to display again, following are the two methods that can help you solve the purpose.
2.1 Show Recycle Bin in settings
The steps for this will be almost the same as the second method you used above to hide Recycle Bin from desktop. Here is how:
- Right click on desktop and click “Personalize”.
- Go to “Themes” from left panel and choose “Desktop icon settings”.
- Now, check the box next to “Recycle Bin” and hit “Apply”.
2.2 Secure way to always find Recycle bin
Another way to find the Recycle Bin is using File Explorer. The steps are:
- Open File Explorer using the key combinations of “Windows + E”.
- Now, in the address bar, type “recycle bin” and press Enter key.
- It will locate the Recycle Bin folder on the screen.
Part 3: No deleted files in Recycle Bin? How to find them back?
In case you find no files in the Recycle bin, the best that you can do is to use Recoverit. It is a professional data recovery tool that is able to recover the data irrespective of the data loss situation. Keeping the reliability, this tool always comes on top when the priority is to get the deleted files back. It is available for Windows and Mac and performs equally well with both. On a plus, it is a much secured tool one can ever have. Here is how to retrieve the deleted files with Recoverit.
How to Use Recoverit to Recover Files from Recycle Bin
Step 1: Launch Recoverit
Begin with downloading the tool on your PC and install it right after that. Once done with the successful installation, run the tool.
Step 2: Choose the Location
From the main screen now, click on “Recycle Bin” as it is the location from where you want to get your files back. Hit on “Start” right after that.
Step 3: Scan Location
The program is capable of deeply scan the lost files. Wait until it does its job and it allows you to use filtering in order to search the lost files by File Path or type etc.
Step 4: Preview and Retrieve
Now, you can preview your files that are found by the program. Pick out the needed files and click on “Recover” button. Also, make sure not to save the file in the same location where it was earlier.