Trash Emptied on Mac: How to Recover Without Hassle
It is not an uncommon phenomena that what you trash thinking of the fact that you no longer need it. But a few days later or sometimes minutes later you realize that you actually require that file again! Now, if the file is still in trash you can recover it without much hassle. But what if you have emptied the trash too and now have no clue how to recover files from emptied trash on Mac.
Worry no more! Here we have specifically collated a proven way to recover files from emptied trash on Mac. Yes, you read that right, even when you cleared the trash on Mac, you do stand a good chance of recovering files from emptied trash on Mac, and we’ve explained this in the latter part of the article. Moreover, we’ve also discussed about the preparations that you need to do before performing recovery.
Part 1. About Mac trash bin
Mac Trash bin is a special folder/container which can be found and accessed from the “Launch pad” or “Dock”. When you no longer require a file or folder, you are supposed to put it in this container and the file is deleted from its original location. In order to delete a file or folder and move it into the Trash bin, you simply need to drag the icon of the respective file/folder onto the Trash bin icon.
Alternatively, you can also dispose off the desired items to the Trash bin via opting for the “File” menu on the top left corner and then choose “Move to Trash” option.
Part 2. Why is it possible to recover emptied trash on Mac?
he obvious answer behind the question, “is it possible to recover emptied trash on Mac” is none other than “Yes! Recovering files from emptied trash on Mac can be performed efficiently” with the help of a powerful data recovery software. But before we move on to recovery let’s first understand why is it possible to recover emptied trash on Mac.
Actually, whenever you delete a file/folder, be it from trash or via the permanent delete command. The actual file/folder doesn’t gets erased instantly and permanently from the system. Instead, only the entry about the location of the file gets erased in the first place. The file/folder still remains retrievable, provided that the files have not been overwritten with the new files.
What happens in real is, the space occupied by these files/folders is marked as "Available" making room for new data. Now, when you install new software or add new data to your hard drive, the available space if occupied by it and overwrites the old data that was set in deletion mode.
This is where you require a powerful Mac data recovery software to go under the mattresses and perform deep scanning. Eventually, you’ll be able to retrieve the raw files and recover them afterwards! But understand, if the new data overwrites the old data under deletion mode, it becomes next to impossible for any sort of data recovery software to recover the replaced files.
Part 3. Important preparations before recovering files from emptied trash
It is vital to understand the pre-requisites before we get started with recovering files from emptied trash on Mac. Here is a quick check list of the preparations that you must consider in the first place.
- Stop usage immediately: The very first thing you must consider is to ensure not to make use of your Mac computer at all till you find a reliable data recovery tool like Recoverit. Any addition of data or installation or other activities may result in permanent overwriting of data.
- Battery/Power Source: Second most vital thing to take care of is that the battery of your Mac computer (in case of laptops) must be over 75% or more. Or you can put it on charge till the process completes. Because if your computer turns off during the process that, eventually, be more harmful than good.
- Do not plug any new devices: Make sure not to plug in any sort of removable devices like pen drive or external hard drive or any other USB devices, that may in turn lead to permanent data loss.
- Seek help of professional data recovery program: Despite the fact that how tech savvy you are do not be a Scientist on your own. Seek help of a powerful and reliable data recovery program that can effectively retrieve the recoverable files/folders in the best possible way.
Part 4. How to recover files from emptied trash
Enough of the talking now, it’s time to unveil the most recommended tool that can efficiently help you to recover files from emptied trash on Mac. The tool is extremely easy to use and the process to perform recovery is as simple as 1-2-3 thing. Moreover, this powerful tool extends its compatibility with almost all Mac OS X that includes macOS Mojave, macOS High Sierra, macOS X El Capitan etc. Here are few of the most sought after features of this mighty tool.
- Recoverit Data Recovery for Mac, not only enables you to recover emptied trash files but also can perform recovery from any part of hard drive.
- Even the novice users can operate the tool extremely effortlessly, effectively and safely.
- Whether you’ve lost your files due to virus attack, accidental deletion or Mac system crash, this powerful tool is capable of recovering your files without any quality loss.
- Capable of recovering almost any sort of file formats or data types and that too, with a staggering 96% success rate.
- It supports almost all major Operation Systems, be it of Windows or Mac. For instance, Windows 10/8/7/ Vista/XP, Mac OS 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8.
How to recover emptied trash on Mac using Recoverit
Step 1: Download Recoverit Data Recovery and install it
Head to the Recoverit Data Recovery software’s official website and download it on your Mac. Then, install it over and launch it afterwards. Ensure to "disable System Integrity Protection" in the first place, if the operating system of your Mac is below the macOS High Sierra (macOS 10.13).
Step 2: Opt for deleted files’ location
In order to proceed with recovery of files from emptied trash on Mac, you need to opt for the hard drive location from where the required files got deleted. Hit on “Start” afterwards.
Step 3: Initiate Scan
As soon as you hit “Start”, the software will thoroughly scan the selected location of the hard drive to detect the recoverable files. During the scan, you can also preview the files that are being detected and are in recoverable state.
Step 4: Recover deleted files
Once the scan completes, scanned results will be brought up on the next screen where you can preview and recover these files. Select the desired files that you wish to recover and then hit the "Recover" button.