Recuva File Recovery: How to Use Recuva Actually?
Recuva file recovery is a well known third-party tool which claims to perform superior data (pictures, music, emails, videos etc.) recovery from your computer. The Recuva data recovery software is available for Windows computers only. Let’s get to know about some of its most sought after features, here we go.
- Recuva supports file recovery irrespective of the reason of loss of data, be it due to corruption, accidental deletion or formatting.
- You can also perform deep scanning of the lost files to thoroughly analyze the source in order to trace down the lost files which are quite complex to find.
- This tool actively supports file recovery from FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, NTFS + EFS, exFAT file systems.
Part 1. Things to remember before using Recuva File Recovery
Before we get started with how to use Recuva to recover deleted files, you must understand a couple of important pre-requisites listed below.
- First things first, ensure that Recuva file recovery software is compatible with the configuration of your computer. If your system configuration is not what is required by Recuva for smooth execution, you may experience a hard time in recovering your lost data.
- Next most important thing you need to keep in mind that you should stop usage of your computer as soon as you notice any data loss. It is vital as if you continue to make use of your PC, all the deleted files may get overwritten. Eventually, making them unable to recover. Therefore, ensure to make use of Recuva data recovery software in the first place.
- Plugging in or out any of your removable devices soon after you noticed data loss on your computer can also result in permanent overwriting of data.
- Lastly, you must bear in mind that to maintain a good battery level before performing recovery, of course if it is a laptop. Just in case your PC shuts off in the middle of the recovery process, it can lead to disaster.
Part 2. Settings of Recuva
Though, there is no need to define settings for Recuva data recovery software in the first place. But here a few of the settings that may come in handy if you’re having a hard time operating the software.
- You can easily switch the language Recuva makes use of as per your comfort, simply launch the Recuva in Advanced mode and then hit on “Options” button at right followed by hitting the drop down menu available besides “Language”.
- Recuva has two modes, namely Wizard mode for beginners and Advanced for pro level users. If on startup, you wish to have the Wizard mode, opt for the “Show Wizard at startup” option or hit “Run Wizard” to immediately switch to Wizard mode.
- As per your preference, you can easily set a default view for Recuva's results window. Simply, head to drop down box besides “View mode” and opt for the desired view.
- In case you wish Recuva to check for newer versions automatically whenever you launch the program, simply opt in for the “Automatically check for updates to Recuva” under “General Settings” of “Options” menu.
Part 3. How to use Recuva to recover files
Here’s the comprehensive guide on how to use Recuva to recover deleted files. Ensure to follow down the streak of steps carefully.
Step 1: Visit Recuva’s official website and download Recuva data recovery software from there. Ensure to select “No thanks, I don’t need CCleaner” and click on “Install” button.
Step 2: Launch the tool after it is installed and hit on the “Next” button. You’ll then be asked to select a file type that you wish to recover. Opt for “All Files” options in case you have no idea about the type of file you want to recover, followed by “Next”.
Step 3: Head further by selecting the location or drive from where the file got deleted. Hit on “Next” after you made your choice.
Step 4: If you wish Recuva to perform a thorough scan (will eat up a lot of time), you can select the “Enable Deep Scan” box and hit “Start”.
Step 5: Now, the recoverable data will be available over the results screen. You can simply opt for the files you wish to recovery and then hit the “Recover” button.
Step 6: Subsequently, you will be asked to set the target location where the recovered files will stored. Hit “OK” once done.
Note: Please make sure to save them in the location different from the source location.
Part 4. Uncool with Recuva? Here is an easier alternative
There are a whole lot of people across the world that finds Recuva file recovery software quite very complex to use. Now, if you are one of them and wishing to explore the best and the easiest alternative to Recuva recovery software, you need to look no further. Here we bring you a highly recommend tool Recoverit. Comparatively, this tool is a lot easier to operate than how Recuva works! Recoverit takes data recovery as a serious matter and efficiently does the job. Unlike Recuva, the interface is extremely easy to use and performs far quicker processing. Moreover, it does support almost all sort of data loss scenarios and extends compatibility with over 500 data formats.
Note the following before using Recuva
- One of the biggest flaws that Recuva data recovery software holds is that the original installer itself pushes bloatware over your computer. You need to stay extra careful while installing it.
- On top of that, you may even have a hard time downloading it as the download page is quite confusing.
- Your patience will be put to test as the scanning and recovery process eats up a lot of time.
- On some cases, users have reported that the recovered files are corrupted.
Step by step Tutorial to Use the Alternative of Recuva
Step 1: Download and Install Software
Download Recoverit from the official website as per your computer version, Windows/Mac. Install it afterwards and launch the software over your PC.
Step 2: Start Recovery by Choosing Location
From the main interface, you’re required to opt for the location from where you have lost the files. You can select among the hard drives, external devices etc options as per your need.
Step 3: Wait for Scanning
Right after you made your choice of the location, the program will then start scanning for the lost files. In a matter of a couple of minutes, you will get to notice the files that can be recovered are getting piled up.
Step 4: Preview and Recover
Now, all you need is to preview your files. See which file you want and select those. Then click on “Recover” and you are good to go.