How to Recover Data on Windows 10 with or without Recuva
While working on Windows, we usually end up piling lots of unnecessary files. When it comes to create space, we start deleting them. However, in haste, many of us don’t examine the files before removing and accidentally finish up deleting one of the important files. In such case, we start looking for a way that can help us getting the files back. If you’re the one, don’t fret.
We are going to provide you a detailed analysis on one of the popular tools that is Recuva. It is a program designed for undo deleted files on Windows computer. If you have lost any of your vital information, this tool can help you. But how much it is useful and if there is any drawback related to it, we discuss all today in this article. Please move further and learn how to recover files with Recuva for Windows 7/8/10 and without it too.
Part 1: Why choose Recuva for Windows 10 data recovery?
Recuva is a third-party tool that takes responsibility for superior file recovery. If we talk about some of the remarkable features associated with this, following is the list.
- It can undelete pictures, music, emails, videos etc.
- The disks that got damaged due to any reason or formatted disks are also supported with Recuva for Windows 10 or 7 or 8.
- One of the main highlights of this tool includes its secure overwrite or delete feature. This feature, with its deletion techniques, erases the files that you never want to keep with you.
- It also prioritize deep scanning of the files and makes full efforts to trace the files that are complex to find.
- It is able to support FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, NTFS + EFS, exFAT file systems.
Part 2: Important preparations before using Recuva on Windows 10
Before you begin to use Recuva software for Windows, please have a glance on the following list of preparations.
- Primarily, you need to bear in mind not to use your computer anymore once you sense the deletion of files. This is because, the more you use the PC the more deleted files will get overwritten thereby making you unable to recover. Hence, you need to firstly make use of a data recovery tool and then use your PC freely.
- Secondly, make sure to have enough battery on your PC (if you’re using a laptop, of course). If the recovery process is going on and the PC goes off due to not enough battery, this can lead to disaster. You can also keep the system on charge while the process is going on.
- Also, ensure that no other new device is plugged in to the PC. In such case, permanent data loss can occur.
- Lastly, check if your computer meets the configuration required by Recuva. If your system is running in unmatched configurations as supported by Recuva for Windows, you may get a hard time in recovering data.
Part 3: How to recover data on Windows 10 with Recuva
Step 1: Download Recuva for Windows 10. From the new window, click on “No thanks, I don’t need CCleaner” and click on “Install” button.
Step 2: After installing Recuva on Windows 7/8/10, open it and hit on the “Next” button. Then, choose the file type that is to be recovered. In case you have no idea, choose “All Files” followed by “Next”.
Step 3: To move further, choose the location or drive from where the file got deleted. As Recuva software for Windows can scan and recover from different storage media, you can select a USB flash location in the “In a specific location” field. Hit on “Next” right after that.
Step 4: On the next window, you can check the “Enable Deep Scan” box if you want and click on “Start”.
Step 5: Pick out the deleted file when the software will scan the files. Hit on “Recover” once selected the files.
Step 6: Subsequently, you need to look for the target location or folder to recover the files. Please make sure to save them in the location different from the source location. Hit on “OK” in the last.
Part 4: Any defects of Recuva for data recovery on Windows?
- One of the flaws that Recuva software for Windows holds is that the installer might be responsible in adding other unnecessary programs to your computer.
- Also, you may feel the download page a little confusing.
- The scanning time is comparatively low and your precious time and patience can be tested while it scans.
- Rarely but, the resulted and recovered files can be corrupted
Part 5: How to recover data on Windows 10 without Recuva
If you don’t wish to use Recuva software for Windows 10 data recovery, we would like to highly recommend your Recoverit. It takes security as a serious matter and completely does the job in a secured way. One should not think twice before using it as it offers faster processing and clear interface that a beginner can use it with ease unlike Recuva. Also, many popular media sites also recommend this tool. Supporting any sort of data loss scenario and 500+ data formats, it wins the hearts of millions of users. Let us understand how to use this.
How to Recover Data without Recuva for Windows
Step 1: Download and Install Software
Ensuring your computer version, download Recoverit from the official website. Install it afterwards and register your software.
Step 2: Start Recovery by Choosing Location
From the main interface, all you need is to select the location from where you lost the files. You can choose options among the hard drives, external devices etc.
Step 3: Wait for Scanning
When you choose the location, the program will start scanning for the lost files. In a matter of minutes, you will start getting to see the files getting recovered.
Step 4: Preview and Recover
Now, all you need is to preview your files. See which file you want and select those. Then click on “Recover” and you are good to go.