How to Remove Recycle Bin from Desktop on Windows 10/8/7
There is already too much clutter in one’s life. Be in the form of stress or otherwise. People, have begun to become minimalist in their approach. For, they only keep things they require and chuck out things they don’t wish to have. Especially, featuring the Recycle bin over your desktop does no good either. Moreover, the item deleted by you may get transmitted to bin but is never really trashed from your system. And, the very icon irks you or grabs your important attention; there are certainly some ways which are helpful in removing the recycle bin. These can ward off the burden to upkeep that bin box.
Part 1: How to remove recycle bin from desktop on Windows 10
Do you have minimalist approach towards life? Does having the presence of too many icons take extra chunk of space on your system? Especially that recycle bin that expels all the negative vibes? Well, if such is your cause of dismay, we’ve got you covered. We will be taking an in-depth on two methods on how to remove recycle bin from desktop on Windows 10. You need to follow the steps in the said order.
Method 1: Desktop icon settings
In this section, we will understand how users should change the desktop icon settings effectively in Windows 10 systems.
- Get hold of your PC and tap on “Start” button. From there, directly go to “Settings”.
- In the Settings windows, just opt for “Personalization” menu under which you need to select “Themes”.
- Now, scroll down to “Desktop icon settings” which can be found under “Related Settings”.
- Simply tick-mark “Recycle bin” check box followed by pressing “Apply” button.
Method 2: via Show Desktop Icons Feature
Show Desktop Icon is an option which allows hiding the entire desktop icons on your computer. This way, your desktop can be free from the bin face. Below steps will help you on it.
- All you need to do is right click on the desktop.
- From the right menu that prompts, just opt for “View” option and choose “Show desktop icons".
Part 2: How to remove recycle bin from desktop on Windows 8
Method 1: Hiding Recycle Bin in Desktop Icon Settings
The first method is useful for completely hiding the Recycle bin from the Desktop. With this, you will be able to remove the recycle bin in Desktop icon settings. Use the following steps.
- First of all, use Windows+F key combination to enter the Search bar, key in Recycle bin followed by opting for Settings.
- Over here, tap on “Show or hide common icons on the desktop” over the results page.
- Just make sure that you do not tick mark the small box placed before “Recycle Bin” or unmark it if it is marked followed by pressing “OK”.
Method 2: Using Local Group Policy Editor
The other means of removing recycle bin from Desktop is by enabling a facility of removing the recycle bin icon from your desktop completely. Here are the steps for it.
- We need to use the Local Group Policy Editor by pressing the Windows Key and R key to prompt the Run window. Type in “gpedit.msc” in the empty box and tap on Ok button.
- This way, the Local Group Policy Editor will open. You need to follow the path – User Configurations > Administrative Templates > Desktop > Remove Recycle bin icon from desktop.
- In the following window, just opt for Enabled followed by “OK”.
- At last, exit the Local Group Policy Editor window and restart your computer respectively.
Now check the desktop whether it features the Recycle bin icon or not.
Part 3: How to remove recycle bin from desktop on Window 7
For the users who are still using the Windows 7 versions can also remove the recycle bin from their desktop. There are two ways of doing so. One is by hiding the icon from desktop settings and other is the easy slot of using Pin to start menu. We will discuss the brief discussion of the same over here.
Method 1: Hide common icons on desktop:
- Start off by right clicking on desktop and hit “Personalize”.
- Further by going to “Change desktop icons” settings.
- Now, unmark the “Recycle Bin” and click “Apply” > “OK”.
Method 2: Pin to Start Menu:
As discussed earlier, the Pin to start menu is the easiest means of vanishing recycle bin completely. Follow the below thread:
- Simply, right click on your Recycle bin icon that exists on desktop.
- Then, opt for “Pin to start” option. You can now see your Recycle bin in the Start menu.
Part 4: How to recover files in Windows Recycle Bin
Humans are bound to make mistakes that may seem to be inescapable mistakes. But there is no problem that can’t be rectifies. In case, you happen to delete files from your Windows in the Recycle bin then Microsoft Windows have the provision of recovering files. Whether you lost hold of a folder or file(s), they can be recovered from the Recycle bin. Just follow the steps in the said order laid right below here –
- On your Windows PC, head on to recycle bin from Search panel or click the icon on desktop.
- From the interface, surf for the file/image/video/folder that needs to be restored.
- In case, you wish to select more than 1 file folder, use the key combinations of “Ctrl” and “shift” keys while selecting several files.
- Do keep a track of the original locations of the files. Or, you may find issue finding them later.
This way, you can organically fetch the files directly from Recycle bin.
Part 5: Files not found in Windows Recycle Bin? How to find them?
Okay, no doubt the bin box does no good. And, when users have already deleted it then recovering the contents from recycle bin becomes a mirage. You might be wondering, what is the best solution for recovering down the permanently deleted files? Well, the truth be told, you can still retrace the deleted content using Wondershare Recoverit. This powerful tool is aimed to get you the files lost from your PC or from external devices like pen drive. It is essential in recovering files. Users can enjoy the privilege of performing an in-depth scan, preview files and then march to recover them!
Now, without wasting any time, we will quickly understand how Recoverit makes it possible for you to recover the files that are unable to find in Recycle bin.
Step 1: Download software package
To begin with, just get the Recoverit and load it to your PC/Mac. After through with installation, open the main interface and tap on “Deleted Files Recovery” mode to kick start processing the working.
Step 2: Select the suitable disk
In the following screen, just opt for the suitable disk (where data is lost). For recovering permanently deleted files from external storage media, you need to connect the external media to the PC. Also, ensure to opt for the external device recover mode.
Step 3: Scan PC or hard disk
The program will now automatically head on to scan the deleted files. For gaining the insights of the activity, preview the recoverable files after scanning finishes off.
Note: If you face difficulty in fetching the file you’re looking for, use “All-around Recovery” mode to gain a much more insightful scan.
Step 4: Commence Recovery and enjoy the output
Once you’re content by the preview. You can quickly proceed to “Recover” option to restore the files deleted from your computer. Voila! Fetch the deleted files!