Samsung Galaxy S9 vs iPhone X: Which is Better?
With the latest release of Samsung’s new S9, people have already started comparing it with iPhone X. The iOS vs Android battle is not a new one and for years users have been comparing the pros and cons of different devices. Samsung S9 is considered as one of the best Android devices in the market, with iPhone X as its closest competitor. If you are planning to buy a new smartphone, then you should go through our Samsung S9 vs iPhone X comparison to make the right choice.
Make Your Voice Heard: iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy S9, Which One Would You Choose?
Samsung S9 vs iPhone X: An Ultimate Comparison
Both Galaxy S9 and iPhone X have some of the best features out there. Though, we can always do a Samsung S9 vs iPhone X comparison on the basis of various parameters and specifications.
1. Design and Display
Samsung has considered S8 as a baseline and refined it a little to come up with S9, which isn’t a bad thing at all. Being one of the best looking phones in the market, S9 has a 5.8-inch Super AMOLED curved screen. Featuring an extremely sharp display of 529 pixels-per-inch, it has a slim bezel with a metal body and gorilla glass.
Apple’s flagship device also has a display of 5.8-inch, but S9 is a bit taller. Also, S9 is sharper since iPhone X features a 458 PPI display. Though, iPhone X has a super retina display of OLED panel and a bezel-less all-screen front, which is one of a kind.
At the end of the day, it is the overall performance of a device that matters the most. As you know, iPhone X runs on iOS 13 while S9 runs on Android 8.0 as of now. Samsung S9 runs on a Snapdragon 845 with Adreno 630 while iPhone X has an A11 Bionic processor and an M11 co-processor. While iPhone X only has a 3GB RAM, S9 comes with a 4 GB RAM. Both the smartphones are available in 64 and 256 GB storage.
Nevertheless, when compared to S9, iPhone X has a better performance. The processor is lightning fast and even with a lesser RAM, it is able to multitask in a better way. Though, if you want to expand the storage, then S9 would be a better option as it supports expandable memory of up to 400 GB.
There is a big difference between Samsung Galaxy S9 vs iPhone X camera. While S9 has a dual aperture rear camera of 12 MP, it is only S9+ that has got an upgrade of a dual lens real camera of 12 MP each. The dual aperture switches between f/1.5 aperture and an f/2.4 aperture in S9. On the other hand, iPhone X has a dual 12 MP camera with f/1.7 and f/2.4 apertures. While S9+ and iPhone X have a close run for the best camera quality, S9 lacks in this feature with the presence of a single lens.
Though, S9 comes with an 8 MP front camera (f/1.7 aperture), which is slightly better than Apple’s camera of 7 MP with IR face detection.
Samsung Galaxy S9 has a 3,000 mAh battery that supports a Quick Charge 2.0. You would be able to use it for a day easily after charging it completely. Samsung has a slight edge over the 2,716 mAh battery of iPhone X. Both the devices support wireless charging as well. As you know, iPhone X comes with a lightning charging port. Samsung has sustained a USB-C port with S9.
5. Virtual Assistant and Emojis
A while back, Samsung introduced Bixby with the release of S8. The virtual assistant has certainly evolved in Galaxy S9 and has integrated with third-party tools as well. With Bixby, one can identify objects as it is linked to the phone’s camera. Nevertheless, Siri has been around for years now and has evolved to become one of the best AI-enabled assistances out there. On the other hand, Bixby still has a long way to go. Apple also introduced Animojis in iPhone X, which allowed its users to create unique AI emojis.
While Samsung tried to come up with their own rendition of it as AR emojis, it didn’t meet the expectations of its users. A lot of people found AR emojis a bit creepy when compared to Apple’s smooth Animojis.
Not every Apple user is a fan of iPhone X as it does not have a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Thankfully, Samsung has sustained the headphone jack feature in S9. Another advantage with S9 is that it has an AKG speaker with Dolby Atoms. This provides a super surround-sound effect.
7. Other features
Comparing the security level of Samsung S9 vs iPhone X biometrics is a bit complicated as Face ID still remains as a crucial security aspect. As you know, iPhone X only has a Face ID (and no fingerprint scanner), which can unlock a device with a single look. Samsung S9 has an iris, fingerprint, face lock, and an intelligent scan. While S9 obviously has more biometric and security features, Apple’s Face ID a bit faster and easier to set up than S9’s iris scan or face lock.
Both the devices are also dust and water resistant.
8. Price and Availability
As of now, iPhone X is only available in 2 colors – silver and space gray. The 64 GB version of iPhone X is available for $999 in the US. The 256 GB version can be bought for $1,149.00. Samsung S9 is available in lilac purple, midnight black, and coral blue. You can buy the 64 GB version at around $720 in the US.
Ideally, there is a price gap of around $300 between both the devices, which can be a deal-breaker for many. Samsung S9 felt more like a revamped version of S8 rather than a brand new device. Though, it has some features that are missing in iPhone X. Overall, iPhone X has a lead with a better camera and fast processing, but it also comes with a price. If you want to buy one of the best Android phones, then S9 would be an ideal choice. Nevertheless, if your budget allows, then you can go with iPhone X as well.
How to Transfer data from Old Phone to New Galaxy S9/iPhone X?
It doesn’t matter if you are planning to get a new iPhone X or a Samsung Galaxy S9, you would need to transfer your data from your old device to the new one. Thankfully, there are plenty of third-party tools that can make this transition easier for you. One of the most reliable and fastest tools that you can try is Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer. It can directly transfer all your important data from one device to another. Without the need of using a cloud service or downloading unwanted apps, you can easily switch your smartphones.
The application is available for both, Mac and Windows systems. It is compatible with all the leading smartphones running on various platforms like Android, iOS, etc. Therefore, you can use Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer to perform a cross-platform transfer as well. Simply move your data files between Android and Android, iPhone and Android, or iPhone and iPhone using this remarkable tool. You can transfer your photos, videos, music, contacts, messages, etc. with a single click.
Transfer Data from Old Phone to Galaxy S9/iPhone X in 1 Click Direcly!
- Easily transfer every type of data from old phone to Galaxy S9/iPhone X including apps, music, videos, photos, contacts, messages, apps data, call logs etc.
- Works directly and transfer data between two cross operating system devices in real time.
- Works perfectly with Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Google, HUAWEI, Motorola, ZTE, Nokia and more smartphones and tablets.
- Fully compatible with major providers like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile.
- Fully compatible with iOS 13 and Android 8.0
- Fully compatible with Windows 10 and Mac 10.14.
1. Launch the Dr.Fone toolkit on your system and visit the “Switch” module. Also, connect your existing phone and the new iPhone X or Samsung Galaxy S9 to the system.
Tips: The Android version of Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer can help you even without a computer. This app can transfer iOS data to Android directly and download data to Android from iCloud wirelessly.
2. Both the devices would automatically be detected by the application. To interchange their positions, click on the “Flip” button.
3. You can simply select the kind of data files you wish to transfer. After making your selection, click on the “Start Transfer” button to initiate the process.
4. Simply wait for a few seconds as the application will directly transfer your data from your old to new smartphone. Make sure that both the devices are connected to the system till the process is completed.
5. In the end, the application will let you know as soon as the transfer is completed by displaying the following prompt. After that, you can simply remove the devices safely and use them as you wish.
Now when you know the Samsung Galaxy S9 vs iPhone X verdict, you can easily make up your mind. Which side are you more inclined to? Would you go with an iPhone X or a Samsung Galaxy S9? Feel free to let us know about it in the comments below.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 1. S9 Features
- 2. Transfer to S9
- 1. Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to S9
- 2. Switch from Android to S9
- 3. Transfer from Huawei to S9
- 4. Transfer Photos from Samsung to Samsung
- 5. Switch from Old Samsung to S9
- 6. Transfer Music from Computer to S9
- 7. Transfer from iPhone to S9
- 8. Transfer from Sony to S9
- 9. Transfer WhatsApp from Android to S9
- 3. Manage S9
- 1. Manage Photos on S9/S9 Edge
- 2. Manage Contacts on S9/S9 Edge
- 3. Manage Music on S9/S9 Edge
- 4. Manage Samsung S9 on Computer
- 5. Transfer Photos from S9 to Computer
- 4. Backup S9