How To Quickly Unlock Your Phone In Under 20 Minutes
Are you one of those people who are stuck with a locked carrier phone? Are you tired of not being able to use your phone the way you want? There are a few ways that how to unlock your carrier phone. You can contact your carrier and request an unlock code, or you can use a third-party service to unlock your phone for you.
Remember that unlocking your phone may void your warranty, so consider the pros and cons when deciding to Unlock Your Carrier Phone. When it comes to switching providers or adding some value to your phone when you sell it, unlocking it is a necessity. You're in the clear - it's entirely legal. This article will teach you how to unlock a carrier phone.
Part 1: Requirements Before You Unlock Your Device
Obtaining an unlock code for an off-contract phone should be second nature to you, and you will find the effort to be well worth it. Depending on the carrier, locking a phone can be a simple or complex process.
Regardless of how difficult the unlocking procedure gets, unlocking your phone before you leave your current carrier is a good idea since it will be even more challenging after you go. Don't throw away your old phone just yet; you never know when you'll need it.
You can keep this list handy before you start since procedures vary. How to unlock a phone? Here are the requirements:
- Account owner's name and account number
- Contract or device payment plan
- You need to know your device's IMEI number
- Phone number
- An account holder's Social Security number or Password
- A military deployment document for unlocking a phone before the contract expires
This information will help you understand how each carrier unlocks your phone.
Part 2: How To Unlock Your Phone
If you're like most people, your phone is probably locked to a particular carrier. It means that you can only use it with that carrier's service. Luckily, it's usually pretty easy how to unlock a phone.
How To Unlock A Verizon Phone
There is a time limit on Verizon's locking of its devices. Verizon locks newly purchased devices for 60 days after purchase to mitigate theft and other fraudulent activity. Postpaid and prepaid devices are automatically unlocked after 60 days. Verizon's support line at 800-922-0204 allows deployed military to request an unlock during this period.
In the U.S., Verizon SIM-equipped phones will require roaming GSM radios to make calls and send texts. Despite most recent Verizon handsets working fine on American GSM bands, your LTE experience may vary. You can reach Verizon's support line at 800-922-0204 if you need assistance unlocking international devices, which it does not mention in its unlocking policies.
The network of Phone-in-a-Box prepaid 4G handsets is locked for the period specified. Call Verizon's prepaid support line at 888-294-6804 to unlock your phone.
How To Unlock An At&T Phone
To unlock your AT&T handset, you'll need to meet the following requirements.
- Devices must be compatible with AT&T's networks.
- Please pay off your plan early if you are a current customer, and wait 48 hours before making a request.
- Fraudulent or lost items must not be reported.
- A "good standing" account is required.
- A different AT&T customer cannot have it.
- On a postpaid account, it must have been active for at least 60 days, with "no past due or unpaid balance."
- The Prepaid AT&T device must be 6 months old.
- You must unlock the old phone 14 days after the "buyer's remorse" period (30 days for businesses).
- Using a business device requires permission from your company.
- If you're military personnel, to unlock your account before your contract or payments expire, email AT&T your TCS or PCS documents.
You can request an unlock online through AT&T. Upon switching, enter the IMEI number from your AT&T device. The confirmation email will contain a link you must click within 24 hours of submitting this form. You will receive instructions for unlocking your device within two business days.
Unless you send a hundred unlock requests a month, AT&T no longer has a hard unlock limit per year. AT&T's unlock status page shows whether your request has been successful. In addition, the network offers limited unlocking via its support line at 800-331-0500, but not officially.
How To Unlock A T-Mobile Phone
T-Mobile may be the Un-carrier, but it has similar unlocking criteria to other carriers. How to Unlock my phone requires the following:
- T-Mobile devices are needed.
- No lost, stolen or blocked (via IMEI).
- The account must be in "good standing."
- A postpaid line must be active for at least 40 days and have been fully paid for.
- A prepaid account must have had more than $100 in refills since the first use date.
- There must be at least 18 consecutive monthly payments if the device is on a service contract.
- If you choose T-Mobile's Equipment Installment Plan or JUMP On Demand, you must pay all the payments and fully own the device.
- You haven't requested it unlocks in the last 12 months.
- T-Mobile may request to see proof of purchase.
You can unlock some Android phones from the carrier after meeting eligibility requirements. iPhones do not have an iOS version of the T-Mobile unlocking app. Once eligible, T-Mobile should notify you and send you an unlock code. Contact T-Mobile directly if you don't have this information. On this T-Mobile page, you can find instructions for Apple devices.
You can also unlock your phone by calling 611 from a T-Mobile device or 877-746-0909 from any other phone. Military personnel who are in good standing and can provide deployment papers can also unlock their phones.
2. Best App To Unlock Your Phone
If you own a contract iPhone or bought a used iPhone with SIM Only plans, you might be confused about how to unlock it. The guide will show you how to unlock a phone:
- Open Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock and choose "Remove SIM Locked."
- When you get into the "Remove SIM Locked" branch, you can tap on the "Start" to begin to remove SIM locks.
- With a successful connection between your iPhone and your PC, on the screen the information will show up. If all is compatible with your device, please continue with "Unlock Now."
- This is the signal to remind you of jailbreaking your device. If you have no idea how to do this, click "Jailbreak Guide" or "Watch Video" to help you get through this.
- When you arrive on this page, this is the last step you should do on your own. Any of these 3 steps should not be missed. Otherwise, it’s impossible to remove SIM locks.
- You can take a seat and watch your device patiently remove the SIM lock with the help of Dr.Fone. There is a relaxing and quick progress bar for you.
- The green phone image stands for your liberty to choose your favorite service provider without other problems.
1. Why was my phone locked?
If your cell phone is locked, it can only be used with a particular carrier's network, such as Verizon or AT&T. Once purchased, the carrier will install software on the phone to lock it to their network.
2. Is it legal to unlock my phone?
Yes, it is legal to unlock your phone. The Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act, passed in 2014, made it legal to unlock your phone to switch to a new carrier. A few restrictions may apply to unlocking your phone, but it is legal.
3. When should I unlock my phone?
You should unlock your phone because the biggest benefit of having an unlocked phone is that you can easily switch wireless operators. And you ought to insert a new SIM card and sign up for service. The phone does not need to be replaced.
The Bottom Line
Whether you are considering buying a new phone or simply curious about how to unlock a phone, there are many factors to consider. But ultimately, the bottom line is this: you can get your phone unlocked by a professional service like Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock. You can unlock it with just a few clicks. And best of all, it's completely safe and legal.
- 1 SIM Unlock
- Unlock iPhone with/without SIM Card
- Unlock Android Code
- Unlock Android Without Code
- SIM Unlock my iPhone
- Get Free SIM Network Unlock Codes
- Best SIM Network Unlock Pin
- Top Galax SIM Unlock APK
- Top SIM Unlock APK
- SIM Unlock Code
- HTC SIM Unlock
- HTC Unlock Code Generators
- Android SIM Unlock
- Best SIM Unlock Service
- Motorola Unlock Code
- Unlock Moto G
- Unlock LG Phone
- LG Unlock Code
- Unlock Sony Xperia
- Sony Unlock Code
- Android Unlock Software
- Android SIM Unlock Generator
- Samsung Unlock Codes
- Carrier Unlock Android
- SIM Unlock Android without Code
- Unlock iPhone without SIM
- How to Unlock iPhone 6
- How to Unlock AT&T iPhone
- How to Unlock SIM on iPhone 7 Plus
- How to Unlock SIM Card without Jailbreak
- How to SIM Unlock iPhone
- How to Factory Unlock iPhone
- How to Unlock AT&T iPhone
- Unlock AT&T Phone
- Vodafone Unlock Code
- Unlock Telstra iPhone
- Unlock Verizon iPhone
- How to Unlock a Verizon Phone
- Unlock T Mobile iPhone
- Factory Unlock iPhone
- Check iPhone Unlock Status
- 2 IMEI