Top 10 Free graphic design software windows
Graphic designing is a form of designing which makes use of motion graphics, images and typography to create a design. This form of designing has become very popular in the past decade and now makes use of advanced computer programs for its implementation. It is mostly used for printed, published or electronic media including brochures and advertising etc. There are plenty of good graphic designing softwares available for Windows ba_x_sed devices which can help you create high quality graphics on your system. While some of these are paid, others are available for free of cost. If you wish to make a graphic design for yourself for free, then the following given list of the top 10 free graphic design software Windows would prove useful.
Part 11. Inkscape
Features and functions:
· Inkscape is popular and very efficientfree graphic design software Windowswhich has good SVG integration and also supports many other advanced features like cloned ob_x_jects and alpha blending.
· It comes with full supports for several different color modes and offers amazing ability to trace bitmap images.
· Inscape is a better alternative to Illustrator for web and print design and also has a simpler interface as compared to it.
· Thisfree graphic design software Windowsis also available for Mac and Linux.
Pros of Inkscape
· Inkscape focuses primarily on SVG format and is integrated with it and this is one of its highlight points.
· Another positive of it is that this software it comes with full support for variable width strokes and also native import for Illustrator files.
· Inkscape is easily sufficient for any good graphic designer who wants to do some designing at home.
Cons of Inkscape
· This software often lags or hangs the computer and this can prove to be very frustrating in the midst of designing.
· This software needs constant upgradation of the version for it to work without any glitches and this can be very time taking.
· This program isn’t as effective and famous as Corel or Illustrator and may not be received well by clients or employers.
1. Not only is this a useful vector program; it's great for preparing and designing files for your digital scrapbook / craft cutting and is an asset for your vector file designs
2. I'm an experienced Adobe Illustrator user, but recently the price of the software is very taxing. Therefore I wanted to try some free vector software. The program is very amazing for a free vector program
3. It is very fast starting up (on my 64bit OS) and feels very light and doesn't stress my CPU. Overall it's great and easy to use
4. I've been using Inkscape since (I believe) it came out, or close. For those who don't know what this is capable of, I suggest browsing around for things made in Inkscape, read tutorials and such and find out just what you can do with this great SVG editor
Part 22. Serif drawplus starter edition
Features and functions
· Serif drawplus starter edition too is very well known and high qualityfree graphic design software Windowsand is a tool which is ideal for beginners.
· This software is designed in a very intuitive way and supports many tools like brushes, 3D functionality, pre-defined templates and others.
· The software works readily in CMYK and makes it easy for you to quickly output print ready graphic work.
Pros of Serif
· One of the most amazing things about thisfree graphic design software Windowsis that it also lets you build your photo editing skills besides designing graphics thanks to a very comprehensive photo lab that it has.
· This software is a great way to begin learning graphic designing for beginners and it is one of its important positive points.
· Serif Drawplus starter edition helps you see your drawings in stunning and hence brings your designs to life in seconds.
· It not only comes with the feature of authentic painting techniques but also animations.
Cons of Serif
· Undoubtedly, one of the areas of problem of this software is that it doesn’t work well for professional or advanced level graphic designers and hence is limited in its approach.
· Another negative point about this software is that it doesn’t display or indicate the disabled features properly.
· There are no keyboard shortcuts provided for the tools palette and this too makes tasks slower and clunky.
1. Why pay a fortune for an excellent drawing program when you can get an equally excellent one for a fraction of the price.
2. The biggest weakness of Drawplus SE's interface is the inclusion of disabled tools and features, with no visual cue identifying them as disabled
3. This freevector-ba_x_sedgraphics editor offers a reasonable range of features within a clear and well-presented user interface.
Part 33. SVG Edit
Features and functions:
· SVG Edit is a highly respected and sought after graphic designing tool available for free on Windows platform and stands for Scalable vector graphics-Edit.
· This software is built in with CSS3, ja_x_vasc_x_ript and HTML5 and thus there is no need for any server side processing.
· This tool for Windows not only allows you to create and edit your documents but also to modify the code by downloading it.
· SVG Edit is easy to use, has an intuitive interface and a clean design.
Pros of SVG Edit
· One of the points which stand out about this platform is that one needs no server side processing, thanks to the inbuilt ja_x_vasc_x_ript and HTML5 etc.
· SVG Edit is a cross platform vector ba_x_sed drawing and editing tool which works on multiple platforms and operating systems and this too is an added advantage.
· It packs a powerful punch as an artistic tool and is a great platform if you wish to train someone who advanced level graphic designing
Cons of SVG edit
· It offers only a limited scope and features and this is one of the things that pull it down.
· Thisfree graphic design software Windowsoffers everything which is basic and hence doesn’t satisfy professional artists and graphic designers.
1. Sketsa SVG Editor is basicsketching softwareand has far fewer tools and features than some competing product
2. If you are new to drawing software, you should keep the complexity of this program in mind. For example, instead of a typical opacity scale that moves from left to right to affect size, SVG Editor only has a fill-in-the-blank field to place a specific number for the opacity.
3. Sketsa SVG Editor has a steeper learning curve than other drawing software applications, but once you learn to navigate the application, you will appreciate the organization and user interface
4. The developer has intentionally left the source code available so that you can directly edit the code. This option gives you more flexibility if you know how to edit and create source code.
5. Each of this program's tools give you added control and manual customization to manipulate the shapes to appear exactly how you want them.
Part 44. Sculptris
Features and functions:
· This is ordinary yet very robustfree graphic design software Windowswhich comes from Pixologic who are the creators of ZBrush.
· This program is designed in such a way that it lets you create in-depth details without the need to subdivide the model.
· Sculptris offers a unique feature through which you can save it as a native culture file for editing later on.
· Sculptris can also be exported as a ZBrush or a wave font file to import to other programs.
Pros of Sculptris
· Sculptris is the perfect place to start your graphic designing or digital sculpting journey as it is easy to use and beginner-friendly.
· This software from Pixologic supports 3D functionality and this is one of its strongest points.
· The level of detailing that you can get into while using this platform is simply amazing and adds to its overall appeal and positive points.
Cons of Sculptris
· The softwaret is very basic and not suitable for professionals or advanced level animations.
· One of its drawback is that it offers only one-way modeling and modeling and texturing are held separately.
· Another point which pulls this software down is that it offers an unruly multi-ob_x_ject control and misses on functionality like symmetry axis control.
1. Sculptris offers a great work-flow for creating low poly meshes from start to finish including textures. However there are some drawbacks:
2. As with any sculpting tool you cannot use it to create flat planes for buildings, it's more suited to organic shapes.
3. I came across a free modeling tool 'Sculptris'. I've been playing around with it a little bit and it's pretty simple and easy to use.
Part 55. Blender
Functions and features:
· Blender is yet anotherfree graphic design software Windowswhich is used for creating visual effects, interactive 3D applications 3D printed models, animated films, art and video games etc.
· One of the most special features of this program is that it offers tools like UV unwrapping, sinning, rigging, particle simulation and match moving which make it different from others.
· Blender is available not just for Windows users but also Mac users and Linux devices.
· This program is ideal for both beginners and professionals and this is one of its highlight qualities.
Pros of Blender:
· Blender offers the option of photorealistic rendering which is one of the best things about it and its positive feature. It has a powerful new unbiased rendering engine called Cycles.
· This software has an array of modeling tools that can help in making models in a breeze.
· Blender is also capable of fast rigging and provides the real joy of sculpting, thanks to features like 20 different brush types, mirrored sculpting, dynamic topology sculpting and multi-resolution sculpting support.
Cons of Blender
· The program has a very complex and complicated interface which may take users time to get used to and this is one of the negatives associated with it.
· In order to use this program, you will need a computer which has a very good quality 3D card and this too can prove to be a limitation.
User comments/ reviews:
1. Blender is excellent 3D modeling and animation software. It provides a wide range of tools, and its interface makes completing all tasks convenient and efficient.
2. This program is packed with features. There are options for 3D Unwrapping, Shading, Physics and Particles, Real Time 3D/Game Creation, and much more. Tools are also included for 2D and 3D procedural brushes, Edge Rendering, Collision Simulation, and Edge Rendering.
3. Whether you're experienced in digital animation or want to develop your skills, you'll find what you need in this comprehensive program.
Part 66. Daz Studio
Features and functions
· Daz Studio is a free tool with which you can create high quality graphicdesignelements, custom 3D avatars and characters etc
· This tool, you also get the opportunity to produce illustrations for graphic novels, comics and books and create your own artwork
· Daz Studio isfree graphic design software Windowswhich you can also do animation designing and using animals, props, environment and vehicles to create wonderful designs.
· This program also supports the DAZ Studio character plug-in which proves really useful for the users.
Pros of Daz Studio
· One of the positive features associated with this platform is that it is very easy to use and quick to get used to, especially as compared to other similar graphic designing softwares.
· Another highlight specification of this tool is that the rendering feature of it is really nice and fast and thus makes it easy for users to use it.
· Daz Studio’s interface is really smooth and one can easily and quickly navigate from fr_x_ame to fr_x_ame.
Cons of Daz Studio
· Daz Studio graphic software may make users experience many bugs from time to time and this can really slow down the process of graphic designing.
· Another thing which proves to be a downside to this platform is that it slows down the system a bit and this can be frustrating for users.
1. All in all, I am happy with my decision to hold on to this product, but I most certainly WILL NOT be adding it again should it somehow spontaneously remove itself from my desktop/hard-drive... again.
2. Comes with li_x_nks to help videos and tutorials which walk you through the entire process of creating figures and animating them.
3. Highly recommend this for beginners and pros alike
4. If you do choose this product, don't be surprised if you're required to uninstall/re-install from DAZ website for registration codes.
Part 77. CorelDraw graphics Suite
Features and functions
· This is an easy to use, lightweight and attractive drawing and graphic designing software which supports many features including vector illustration, photo editing, page layout and professional design.
· It offers a wide number of tools and some of them include corel photo paint, corel powertrace and corel capture.
· This is one of the programs in this category which is very well documented and has an intuitive interface design.
Pros of CorelDraw
· One thing that sets it apart from the others is the fact that this program is very clean and come with a great selection of tools. It is hard to find so many tools anywhere else.
· Another positive associated with this program is that has a powerful photo editor and comes with a one click screen capturing tool as well.
· CorelDraw is a graphic design tool which is a hit among both professional designers and photographers alike.
Cons of CorelDraw
· One of the negative points about this software is that it may be a little hard for beginners or learners due to so many features and complex interface.
· This program does not offer enough integration between different apps and this is another limitation of it.
1. it’s absolutely a nice and beautifier application which makes designing accurate
2. Aside from the added support for 64-bit and multi-core machines (which effectively makes the program faster and more responsive), Corel has added a number of new tools for designers, those dealing in both print and online materials
3. Aside from the added support for 64-bit and multi-core machines (which effectively makes the program faster and more responsive), Corel has added a number of new tools for designers, those dealing in both print and online materials
4. Across a few of the apps in CorelDraw Graphics Suite is a tray for storing images you may want to use in your work, which has been spruced up nicely for version X6.
5. CorelDraw has a slightly more streamlined look, now that the ob_x_ject docker has been cleaned up to group tools together when appropriate
Part 88. Adobe Photoshop
Features and functions
· Adobe Photoshop is one of the most popular photo editing tool but also works brilliantly as a graphic designing tool for Windows device users.
· This platform offers features like la_x_yers, masks, channels and due to these functionalities, it has become a standard industrial software as well as a household name.
· Adobe Photoshop also brings advanced image filters along with content specific editing tools.
· This software can be downloaded for free of cost but only for the trial version and is a reliable tool.
Pros of Adobe Photoshop
· One of the positive features of this brilliant tool is that it brings to you a wide range of features and tools to choose from. Any kind of graphic designing and editing is thus possible on it.
· Adobe Photoshop is widely acceptable, easily available and a reliable tool which has been successfully helping a lot of designers around the world.
· This software has an easy to use interface which lets you click and run any feature or tool you like very easily and is hence a good option for beginners.
Cons of Adobe Photoshop
· One of the negatives associated with this platform is that the content-aware moves require a lot of finessing and may be difficult to achieve.
· Another point which acts as a drawback for this platform is that for beginners, it may sometimes be difficult to try and use so many features and this might end up confusing them.
1. Photoshop set the standards for just about every other photo-editing program.
2. It has everything you'd need to fully realize your vision for your images, as long as you don't want or need a consumer program-type assist with projects.
3. Photoshop is first and foremost an image-editing program. Asset management is handled by Bridge, a separate but tightly integrated program.
4. This is the best graphic design tool that I have come across!
5. It offers so many features and tools that make it a complete haven for exploring your own creativity.
Part 99. GIMP
Features and functions:
· GIMP is a beautiful and efficientfree graphic design software Windowswhich is packed full of features and also offers a clean interface.
· This platform is basically a powerful image manipulation program that is widely used for photo retouching, image composition and graphic designing.
· It is an open source platform which works on many interfaces including Mac, Linux and others.
Pros of Gimp
· One feature or positive point of this platform is that Graphic designers who do not choose to use mainstream operating systems can use this tool as an efficient replacement for proprietary graphic design programs.
· The program brings a feature of la_x_yers which is capable of letting the designer construct several aspects of an image that can be hidden or shown according to their own preference.
· Another positive associated with it is that it offers a number of plug-ins and sc_x_ripts.
Cons of Gimp
· Some of the new editions of this software can be a little buggy and this tends to be an issue for a lot of users.
· Another negative point associated with this platform is that it doesn’t offer any 16 bit per channel color support.
· Gimp’s feature development proves to be very slow since it is community developed and this too proves to be a big negative point.
User comments/ reviews:
1. It’s remarkably compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux and many other UNIX style operating systems, so chances are, you’ll be able to use it.
2. The familiar panels of brushes, la_x_yers, paths and other tools made the experience remarkably comfortable, and learning the programwas easier than learning Photoshop because of how much overlap there is between the two
3. It’s an absolute powerhouse that works doggedly, smoothly andpotently without forgetting its humble origins.
4. I’m not always the brightest bulb, but I’m happy to say that I got on board as soon as I learned about it, and it’s been a lifesaver ever since.
Part 1010. Google SketchUp
Features and functions
· Google SketchUp proves to be an efficient and powerfulfree graphic design software Windowswhich is also the easiest way to draw in 3D.
· It is a powerful 3D modeling software which enables you to make the most of 3D graphic designing and helps you stay ahead in the game.
· This software enables you to design anything in your imagination and truly brings out the creative side of you.
· Some tools it brings to you include draw, stretch, crop up, rotate and paint
· It also has the capability of turning models into documents and this is one of its highlight points.
· Google SketchUp can also be easily customized.
Pros of Google SketchUp
· One of the positive points of Google SketchUp is that it offers a lot of extensions through which it can be customized or personalized easily.
· Another highlight point of this platform is that you can view any design you make on it in 3D to test its practicality of judge its flaws.
· This platform comes with some of the most advanced features and that too for free. This is something that most platforms do not offer.
Cons of Google SketchUp
· One of the negatives about the free version of this tool is that it exports 3D models for Google Earth and this can prove to be a limitation.
· Another point which acts as a letdown about this software is that it can be difficult to fine-tune the modeling when working on it.
· 2D rendered models on this tool lack realism and this too proves to be an issue.
User comments/ reviews:
1. What SketchUp lacks in sophistication, it more than makes up for with ease of use
2. As for ease of use, after watching a few tutorials I found SketchUp easy to use and a lot of fun (until it malfunctions of course).
3.Creating a model for Google Earth is easy. With both Google Earth and SketchUp open, the view from Google Earth can be imported into SketchUp with the touch of a button.
4. Do not expect Google SketchUp to compete with professional products likeAutodesk Maya.
Free graphic design software windows
You Might Also Like
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
Top List Software
- Software for Entertainment
- Top Software for Mac
- Home Design Software for Mac
- Floor Plan Software for Mac
- Interior Design Software for Mac
- Free Scanning Software for Mac
- Landscape Design Software for Mac
- Free Cad Software For Mac
- Free Ocr Software For Mac
- Top 3 Free Astrology Software For Mac
- Free Database Software For Mac/li>
- Top 5 Vj Software Mac Free
- Top 5 Free Kitchen Design Software For Mac
- Top 3 Free Inventory Software Mac
- Free Beat Making Software For Mac
- Top 3 Free Deck Design Software For Mac
- Free Animation Software For Mac
- Top 5 Free Logo Design Software Mac