How to avoid shadow banning on Tiktok
If you are a dedicated user on the most popular video-sharing social media site TikTok, then you have come across the term shadowban more than once at least. Many famous TikTok users have faced this issue in the past and this has remained as one of the hot topics in the industry.
TikTok has managed to cover up articles and help guides related to the word ‘ShadowBan’ from the internet and that is why we have come up with a helpful guide to help you on how to get rid of the shadowban on TikTok.
What is Shadowban on TikTok?
The highly popular TikTok app has its own set of community guidelines and standards that needs to be followed to get your videos published on the platform. When the content you post goes against the community guidelines, you are susceptible to get a regular ban. Regular bans are quite common and the users can easily identify that their account has been regularly banned. But the shadowban is a bit different from the regular ban.
When you get shadowbanned on TikTok, your account is restricted partially or completely in some cases. It is done in such a discrete way and users in most cases are unaware that their account has been blocked. A shadowban strategy is completely determined by TikTok algorithms and bots. Without the knowledge of the users, TikTok blocks offensive content using this method.
Part 1: What video content will get shadow banned easily
Did you know that TikTok removed nearly 50 million videos in just 6 months just because those videos did not match its community guidelines? Yes, you heard it right. TikTok is a platform with more than 800 active users worldwide and this is one of the reasons why TikTok monitors the type of videos and content the creators are posting on the platform.
Any video with objectionable content that can harm the sentiments of people or anything that can trigger the other users on the platform can attract shadowban. Objectionable videos such as making fun of gay people gets shadowban on TikTok. In simple words, any misleading videos and content you publish on TikTok just for getting likes and views can get your shadowbanned without any prior notice. Now the question arises how do you know if you are shadowbanned on TikTok? Remember that during a shadowban on TikTok, your content and videos will not:
- Be visible on the feed.
- Be visible in the search results.
- Receive likes from other users.
- Receive comments from other users.
- Receive new followers.
Part 2: How long does shadow ban will last?
Now suppose you get your account shadowbanned on TikTok. Wondering how long do TikTok shadow bans last? If you research on the internet about the keyword ‘shadowban’, then you will not find many articles related to this topic as TikTok keeps no trace of this strategy on the internet. But according to some users on TikTok, shadowban lasts for an average of two weeks or more.
There is no proper evidence to support this fact on how long does a TikTok shadow ban last as the shadowban duration can vary from account to account. It completely depends on TikTok as they regulate the bans and restrictions imposed on the accounts. Shadowbanning is a complex ban and this is imposed on accounts when they have exceeded the level of profanity on the platform. In simple words, it is one of the harshest measures taken by the video-sharing site authority to take down inappropriate channels. Nobody knows the exact duration of shadowban and it depends upon the TikTok authority when it comes to taking the final call.
Part 3: Ways to get rid of shawdow ban on Tiktok
Now that you have got the answer to the question of how long does the TikTok shadow ban lasts, now let’s talk about the ways to get rid of the shadowban on TikTok. If your TikTok account is being shadowbanned and you come to know about this, then you can restore your account by following the below mentioned two simple ways:
- You must delete any content that is going against the community guidelines and rules laid down by TikTok. After deleting your offensive content, you need to wait for a minimum of two weeks to get the shadowban lifted from your account.Two weeks is how long does the TikTok shadow ban last. You can refresh your device once in a while to check if you have finally managed to lift the ban.
- Another way on how to get unshadow banned on TikTok is you can delete your current TikTok account and start again from zero. This can prove to be beneficial if you do not have enough followers and engagements. Wait for 30 days to permanently delete your TikTok account and make a new one.
- You have now figured out how to know if your shadowbanned on TikTok. To ensure that your TikTok account does not get shadowbanned again, here is what you can do from your side. Keep in mind that you should always post original content with innovative ideas. Brainstorm new ideas with your team and come up with something new and unique. This is a great way to avoid copyright infringement laws on TikTok.
- Get to know your audience more. There are kids and minor accounts on TikTok these days and maintaining a healthy environment is a part of your responsibility. Keep your content/videos free from nudity, sexualized themes, suggestive themes, and pornographic material. Remember that posting the videos with such materials can land you in serious trouble.
- Another way to keep shadowban on TikTok at bay is by keeping your content legal and safe. By the word legal and safe, we mean that you must make content that does not involve guns, weapons, drugs, and illicit materials which can be forged under the law. Always keep in mind that you might have followers who are minors.
TikTok has incorporated certain moderating bots that filter content on the platform all the time. Whenever you will be making content, make sure you use proper lighting. It has been seen that often due to poor lighting, many accounts get shadowbanned just because their content is dark and lacks proper lighting setup.
You now know how to tell if your shadowbanned on TikTok. There is a saying which goes by as prevention is better than cure. You can go through the above-mentioned steps and stay away from the risk of getting shadowbanned in TikTok. It is quite different from regular bans and getting your account shadowbanned can be the endgame of your account in worst-case scenarios. It is better that you make and post content that abides by the community guidelines of TikTok.
- iPhone Hardware Problems
- iPhone Home Button Problems
- iPhone Keyboard Problems
- iPhone Headphone Problems
- iPhone Touch ID Not Working
- iPhone Overheating
- iPhone Flashlight Not Working
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Software Problems
- Quick Start Not Working
- Google Maps Not Working
- iPhone Screenshot Not Working
- iPhone Vibrate Not Working
- iPhone Battery Problems
- iPhone Media Problems
- iPhone Echo Problem
- iPhone Camera Black
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iOS Video Bug
- iPhone Calling Problem
- iPhone Ringer Problem
- iPhone Camera Problem
- iPhone Front Camera Problem
- iPhone Not Ringing
- iPhone Not Sound
- iPhone Mail Problems
- Reset Voicemail Password
- iPhone Email Problems
- iPhone Voicemail Not Working
- iPhone Voicemail Won't Play
- iPhone Can't get Mail connection
- Gmail Not Working
- Yahoo Mail Not Working
- iPhone Update Problems
- iPhone Stuck at the Apple Logo
- Software Update Failed
- iPhone Verifying Update
- Software Update Server Couldn't Be Contacted
- iOS update Problem
- iPhone Connection/Network Problems