Can You Change the Password on iPhone: A Detailed Guide
If you have failed to remember your iPhone password, you know how bad it tends to be. Every one of your contacts, photographs, accounts, and more will not be reachable. You can't access any of them. Perhaps you have genuinely forgotten your password. Therefore, you will be looking at how to change password on iPhones.
Changing a passcode may seem challenging, but it isn't. Changing your password on your iPhone when you have the passcode is effortless. However, if you don't, you will need some third-party methods to carry out the task. One such way is to use our expert software, i.e., Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock. Using Dr.Fone is the most secure way available to erase and set a new passcode on your iDevices.
- Part 1: How to Change password on iPhone When You Have the Password?
- Part 2: How to Change a password on iPhone without a password?
- 1. Use the "Find My" Feature to erase the old password and create a new one.
- 2. Enter Recovery Mode via iTunes to erase the old one and create a new one
- 3. Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock
Part 1: How to Change password on iPhone When You Have the Password?
When you initially set up your iPhone, you'll be asked whether you need to set up a password. If you skirt this step - or set up a password and want to modify it, you can set or reset it later. Follow these straightforward steps on how to change passcode on iPhone:
- Go to Settings.
- Look down until you find the Touch ID and Passcode menu.
- Select either Turn Passcode On or Change It. Click the Change Passcode option.
- This option will expect you to enter your current password before changing to another one.
Part 2: How to Change a password on iPhone without a password?
1. Use the "Find My" Feature to erase the old password and create a new one.
If you don't have your iPhone in hand, it must be connected to Wi-Fi or data. Then you can reset it from a distance. This technique will likewise work if you can't open the phone, even if it's with you.
The possible reason this won't work is if you have 2-factor authentication set up. If so, you can't get the code to your phone number or another Apple device. To erase your iPhone and then change the passcode, follow these steps:
- Go to the official iCloud web page.
- Sign in to iCloud and click the Find iPhone feature.
- Click on the device to reset.
- Click Erase iPhone. That will delete everything off your device. Therefore, you better keep a backup of your important data.
As long as your device has steady internet, it will erase all settings. Restart the phone, sign in your Apple ID and set it up. You can then restore your data from your chosen backup or set it up as a shiny new device. That's how you set up a new one and change password on iPhone.
2. Enter Recovery Mode via iTunes to erase the old one and create a new one
To start, you should place your device in Recovery Mode. The process requires this mode to make your PC work with your phone. However, going to the recovery mode is different, depending on your phone model. Look down for explicit directions on your device.
iPhone 8 or More up-to-date: Things have changed regarding how to reset one of the more current model iPhones that don't have a home button. Before connecting and following the reset choices below, put your iPhone into recovery mode.
Try not to plug your device into your PC right now. Long-press the side/power button until the phone gives you the slider to shut down. Drag the slider across the screen and turn it off. Next, press the volume (+) button, then, at that point, the volume (-). Then long-press the side button again while connecting it to your PC. Try not to keep the three buttons intact.
If you have done this accurately, your phone will be in recovery mode.
For iPhone 7: Plug the phone into your PC while tapping the volume down button. Hold the button until the recovery screen shows up on the phone.
iPhone 6S or Older Devices: If you have an older iPhone model, you can, in any case, reset your password. However, it is a unique button mix:
Please turn off your iPhone, plug it into your PC, and hold the home button until the phone shows the recovery screen.
Recovery Mode: Step 2
Recovery mode is your primary choice if you've never matched up with iTunes or set up Find My. That will erase the device and its password, permitting you to set another one.
- To start with, connect your iPhone to your PC and open iTunes. After clicking, force restart it by holding down the three side buttons (both the volume and power button).
- You'll be met with a choice to Restore. Select this option, and your iPhone will then, at that point, download software for your device. When done, you can set up and utilize your iPhone.
Assuming you've recently synchronized your device with iTunes, you can erase it and its password there. Follow these steps:
- Connect your device to the PC you sync with, and open iTunes. If they ask for a passcode, attempt one more PC you've matched up with. If that, too, doesn't work, resort to recovery mode.
- iTunes will match up your device and make a backup. When the sync and backup are finished, click Restore iPhone (or your device).
- Select your iPhone in iTunes and pick the most recent/important backup.
- You'll arrive at the Set Up screen after that. Here, tap the "Restore from iTunes Backup" option.
3. Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock
If you are keen on how to change passcode on iPhone, then there is no way better than an expert tool. A professional tool like Dr.Fone by Wondershare will erase everything off your device. It will give you a device comparable to a brand-new one. Therefore, you can then set it up as a new device.
Setting up a device will require a passcode for security. Consequently, it would help if you created a security passcode after erasing your device using Dr.Fone. In this way, you can change your device's passcode.
However, this method will erase everything off your phone. So, you must keep your essential user data backup before opting for this method. If you do have a backup, then follow the steps below to change password on iPhone:
Step 1. Open your PC and Connect your iDevice
Open Dr.Fone and then go for the "Screen Unlock" option.
Use a USB connector to connect your iDevice to the PC and click the "Unlock iOS Screen" option.
Step 2. Perform Recovery/DFU Mode Boot on iPhone
Follow the steps on your screen to boot your device in Recovery or DFU mode. In this case, the Recovery mode is the suggested way.
Step 3. Affirm iDevice Model
After the device is in recovery/DFU mode, Dr.Fone will show you the Device Model and Variant. You can choose the correct Model from the dropdown records. Then download the firmware for your iPhone.
Step 4. Erase Device
After following the steps above, click Unlock Now. That will delete everything off your phone. You can now set it up as a new device and create a new passcode.
Part 3: FAQs
How to turn the password on/off on an iPhone?
- Open Settings and look for the Touch ID and Passcode menu.
- Toggle on/off the "Turn Passcode On" option to change the state of your iPhone passcode.
How to change my Apple ID?
- Go to appleid.apple.com webpage from a browser and sign in.
- In the Sign-In and Security segment, pick Apple ID.
- Enter the address that you need to use as your Apple ID.
- Then select the Change Apple ID" option.
How to set up a pattern and face lock on my iPhone?
Go to Settings, then do the steps below:
- Click on the Face ID and Passcode menu on an iPhone with Face ID.
- Tap Turn Passcode On.
- To see choices for making a passcode, tap Password Options. The most dependable options are Custom Alphanumeric Code and Custom Numeric Code.
- After you set a password, you can set your Face ID to unlock your iPhone. However, the Face ID feature is only accessible in iPhone X or above models.
The Bottom Line
If you have all the information in hand, resetting an iPhone passcode is not that big a deal. However, if you don't, you may face challenges during the process. Therefore, we have compiled a list of practical ways to help you change password on iPhone. But still, if you are looking for a safe escape, we will always recommend an expert tool such as Dr.Fone. It is a secure solution for most iOS needs.
iDevices Screen Lock
- iPhone Lock Screen
- Bypass iOS 14 Lock Screen
- Hard Reset on iOS 14 iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 12 without Password
- Reset iPhone 11 without Password
- Erase iPhone When It's Locked
- Unlock Disabled iPhone without iTunes
- Bypass iPhone Passcode
- Factory Reset iPhone Without Passcode
- Reset iPhone Passcode
- iPhone Is Disabled
- Unlock iPhone Without Restore
- Unlock iPad Passcode
- Get Into Locked iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 7/ 7 Plus without Passcode
- Unlock iPhone 5 Passcode without iTunes
- iPhone App Lock
- iPhone Lock Screen With Notifications
- Unlock iPhone Without Computer
- Unlock iPhone Passcode
- Unlock iPhone without Passcode
- Get Into A Locked Phone
- Reset Locked iPhone
- iPad Lock Screen
- Unlock iPad Without Password
- iPad is Disabled
- Reset iPad Password
- Reset iPad without Password
- Locked out of iPad
- Forgot iPad Screen Lock Password
- iPad Unlock Software
- Unlock Disabled iPad without iTunes
- iPod is Diabled Connect to iTunes
- Unlock Apple ID
- Unlock MDM
- Apple MDM
- iPad MDM
- Delete MDM from School iPad
- Remove MDM from iPhone
- Bypass MDM on iPhone
- Bypass MDM iOS 14
- Remove MDM from iPhone and Mac
- Remove MDM from iPad
- Jailbreak Remove MDM
- Unlock Screen Time Passcode