Detailed Guide: How to Get the Pokémon Go Mega
When it comes to powering up your existing Pokémon creatures into an even stronger form, Mega Evolution Pokémon Go comes in very handy. Introduced first in the mainline games with Pokémon X & Y, Mega Evolutions occurred through the use of specific stones in battle. Mega Evolutions in Pokémon Go remain a temporary transformation and demanding the usage of a new item type called Mega Energy. Here, in this post, we’re going to demonstrate how to get the Pokémon Go Mega, how to Mega Evolve on Pokémon, and much more.
Part 1: What Is Pokémon Go Mega Energy?
Mega Energy is a kind of currency introduced in Pokémon Go and it is utilized to temporarily Mega Evolve specific Pokémon species. Similar to candy in Pokémon Go, Mega Energy is unique to individual Pokémon. In accordable with Professor Willow, unlike with Pokémon Mega Stones, Mega Energies enable a trainer/player to Mega Evolve Pokémon without requiring a Key Stone.
The first time Mega Evolving a Pokémon, it’ll request for a high number of Mega Energy. However, after that, the cost will be decreased.
In order to Mega Evolve a starter Pokémon, for instance, it is going to cost 200 Mega Energy, however, then only forty Mega Energy for following Mega Evolutions. It is one of the latest quality of life alterations implemented by Niantic only a few days ago after lots of fans were infuriated by the way Mega Evolutions operates in the game.
Part 2: How To Get The Pokémon Go Mega?
As mentioned before, Mega Energy is unique to each individual monster – like how candy operates in the game. Therefore, if you would like to Mega Evolve a Bulbasaur into Mega Bulbasaur, then you’re going to require Bulbasaur Mega Energy.
Mega Energy is mainly acquired from completing Mega Raids, a kind of Raid encounter that features Mega Pokémon. The quicker you win a Mega Raid, the more Mega Energy you acquire, and this sum was then increased in September 2020 and all credit goes to feedback from players.
Also, it has been endorsed to a reward in specific Special Research rewards; you can acquire Mega Energy for Beedrill, for instance, through completing “A Mega Discovery”. As Mega Energy is unique to each kind of Pokémon, we believe that there’ll be more means to acquire Mega Energy with time as they rotate in & out of Raids.
On 3rd September 2020, Niantic declared that it was working on many adjustments to enhance how Mega Energy is acquired in Pokémon Go. And these new and latest Mega Energy acquiring means are mentioned below:
- Additional means to acquire Mega Energy in Pokémon Go from research tasks
- Walking with your chosen Pokémon buddy. This operates in a manner just like earning candy drops. By walking with a monster, players can acquire Mega Energy. Though it might not be the quickest means to acquire Mega Energy, it offers another alternative.
Niantic has revealed that it is working on other means for people to acquire Pokémon Go Mega Energy, for instance, acquiring Mega Energy drops through catching a Pokémon which’s the same kind as players have already Mega Evolved. Therefore, you can explore more changes to Mega Evolutions and Mega Energy to come very soon.
Part 3: What Are All The Pokémon That Can Mega Evolve?
At the start, only 4 Pokémon can Mega Evolve in Pokémon Go -- Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, and Beedrill. A lot more than that can Mega Evolve in the mainline series, nevertheless, and Niantic says that it will bring in additional Mega Evolved specifies to the game gradually in order to give every one a moment in the limelight.
It’s not clear that when more Mega Evolution Pokémon Go will introduce. However, below is the list of Pokémon that can Mega Evolve in the mainline series:
Part 4: How To Maga Evolve On Pokémon?
In order to Mega Evolve your Pokémon, you’ll need to collect Mega Energy for that particular Pokémon. Locate Mega Pokémon in Mega Raids, take up them, and acquire Mega Energy for that particular Pokémon. The quicker you beat them, the more Mega Energy you’ll be acquired. On the basis of early testing, it is demonstrated that players are acquiring between 40-50 Mega Energy per raid. Despite this, it is going to take several raids of that same Pokémon before you’ll have sufficient energy for Pokémon Go Mega Evolution.
Keep in mind that you can only acquire one Mega Pokémon at a time. Mega Evolving a different one will revert your first Pokémon to normal. And you’ll have to collect Mega Energy in order to evolve it again. Using a Mega Pokémon in a raid gives an attack boost to other Pokémon, with an additional attack boost provided to Pokémon of the same kind. These boosts don’t stack.
As mentioned before, the following species can currently Mega Evolved:
- Venusaur - Mega Venusaur initially costs 200 Mega Energy and 40 Mega Energy on following Evolutions.
- Charizard (both X and Y) - Mega Charizard initially costs 200 Mega Energy and 40 Mega Energy on following Evolutions.
- Blastoise - Mega Blastoise initially costs 200 Mega Energy and 40 Mega Energy on following Evolutions.
- Beedrill - Mega Beedrill initially costs 100 Mega Energy and 20 Mega Energy on following Evolutions.
As of 3rd September 2020, the cost for following Mega Evolutions has been declined from 25 to 20 percent of the initial cost.
Upon a Pokémon Mega Evolution, it will remain in that form for a particular period of time and you can use it in many different battles – battling in raids, battling in gyms, battling against Friends, battling in Team Go Rocket encounters, and used as a buddy.
That’s all on Pokémon Go Mega Evolution. Mega Evolved Pokémon gain a significant stat boost, which makes them even stronger in battle. On top of all, its benefits extend to other players. To celebrate Mega Evolutions' arrival, Niantic is conducting three Mega Evolution-themed events this month – September. So, get ready to discover them!!
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- 10. iTools Alternatives
- 11. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 12. 3uTools Alternatives
- 13. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 10. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- 11. Stop From Being Tracked
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 3. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 4. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 5. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 6. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking