How to Catch Groudon in Pokemon Go: An Expert Guide
A part of the weather trio (along with Kyogre and Rayquaza), Groudon is a generation III legendary Pokemon, which is known as a personification of the land itself. Ever since Groudon has been introduced in Pokemon Go, players have been trying to catch it. Though, if you implement some smart tips, you can also get a Groudon in Pokemon Go. In this post, I’m going to share some of these expert tricks to catch a shiny primal Groudon in Pokemon Go.
Part 1: Groudon Types, Stats, and Moves
As you know, Groudon in a legendary Pokemon from Generation III and has appeared in the original anime as well. To start with, let’s cover some of the vital stats of Groudon.
- Height: 11 feet 6 inches
- Weight: 2094 lbs
- HP: 100
- Attack: 150
- Defense: 140
- Speed: 90
- Attack speed: 100
- Defense speed: 90
These are the stats of a base or standard Groudon in the game. Though, you can have primal and shiny Groudon in the game as well.
Primal Groudon: This is a specific type of Pokemon in the game that has gone through its primal reversion. The action can restore the true power of the Pokemon and lets it absorb the energy of the land (nature). That’s why primal Groudon has better stats than a base Pokemon.
Shiny Groudon: While playing the game, you can also encounter shiny Groudon. Just like other shiny species, shiny Groudon would have a different color variation and is pretty rare to find. The chances of encountering a shiny Groudon are presently 1 in 20 in Pokemon Go.
Abilities: Groudon can absorb the energy of the land and have tons of attacks. Drought is one of its most powerful abilities. Apart from that, its mud shot and dragon tail are its fast attacks. Some other abilities of this meta Pokemon are solar beam, fire blast, and earthquake.
Part 2: How to Catch Groudon in Pokemon Go?
Presently, Groudon is one of the most powerful Pokemons in Pokemon Go and catching it can be a tedious job. Nevertheless, if you follow these steps, you can easily catch a Groudon in Pokemon Go.
Step 1: Look for a Groudon raid
I would recommend to always lookout for a raid battle around you as it is the best way to encounter a Groudon in the game. If the raid battle is of level 5, then chances are that it would depict the presence of Groudon. The average size of your party to go and battle Groudon should be 8.
Step 2: Consider the weather
The presence of a Groudon weathered boosted Pokemon will make the battle tougher. If it is sunny out there, then Groudon can be boosted by the weather to up to level 25. The power moves of the Groudon weathered boosted Pokemon would be stronger.
Step 3: Battle Groudon (and catch it)
Once you have noticed the stats of the Groudon, you can start the battle. The selection of your Pokemons is extremely important when fighting Groudon in Pokemon Go. I would recommend the following Pokemons that you can pick in this battle.
- Gyarados: Since it has double water moves to counter Groudon’s ground moves.
- Vaporon: It will be an add-on water-type Pokemon to counter.
- Exeggutor: This grass-type Pokemon also has double grass moves to give you an edge.
- Dragonite: Since it is a powerful pseudo legendary and can play defensively as well.
- Omastar: This is recommended due to its double water moves.
- Other Pokemons: You can also pick Vileplume, Victreebel, Venusaur, and Feraligatr to counter Groudon in a battle.
Once you have defended the raid against a Groudon weathered boosted Pokemon, you will be given Pokeballs as a reward. You can now use a few Pokeballs (since it might not work the first time) to catch the weaker version of the raid boss Groudon.
Part 3: Tips to Catch Groudon in Pokemon Go
You might already know that selecting the right Pokemons to counter Groudon is the most important thing in the battle. Besides that, if you wish to catch Pokemons like Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, then you can consider these tips.
- Use Golden Razz Berries
If you want to increase your chances of catching Groudon mega in Pokemon Go after the raid, then consider using Golden Razz Berries. Even if you don’t have enough berries, consider using a few of them before catching Groudon. It might not guarantee a catch, but will certainly improve its chances.
- Use Radar Maps to Look for Raids
Since witnessing a Groudon raid in Pokemon Go is pretty rare, you are suggested to take the assistance of Pokemon maps. There are dedicated websites and apps like The Silph Road, PokeNet, PoGo Map, Poke Radar, etc. that you can try. These resources will let you know about an ongoing raid and its level. Therefore, if there is a level 5 raid, then you can just visit that location as it can be raided by Groudon in Pokemon Go.
- Spoof your location to visit the Raid’s location
Ideally, a Pokemon raid can happen anywhere and it is not possible to travel there so fast. Therefore, you can consider using a location spoofer tool like dr.fone – Virtual Location (iOS). It is a user-friendly application that would let you teleport your iPhone location without jailbreaking it. You can spoof your location to any spot in the world and further simulate the movement of your device as well. Using it, you can defend raids, catch Pokemons, and do so much more without being detected by Niantic.
There you go! I’m sure that after reading this detailed guide, you would be able to catch Groudon in Pokemon Go. Since a Groudon weathered boosted Pokemon can be pretty tough to catch, you can use Golden Razz Berries and counter it with the suggested Pokemons. Also, if you can’t find a primordial Groudon nearby, then use a map to look for its raids, and then spoof your location. An application like dr.fone – Virtual Location (iOS) can help you spoof your iPhone location in a hassle-free way to wherever you want.
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking