Netflix says, 'You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy.' Here's How to Fix (2023)
Have you ever faced the Netflix proxy error even when you do not know what a proxy means? For example, is your Netflix continuously saying, "You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy"? It may happen when you are already encountering the "Netflix VPN not working" issue or simply due to other multiple reasons.
Whatever the reason behind the error "You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy", this detailed guide will help you get out of the problem immediately.
Part 1: Why am I getting this Error Message on Netflix?
When you use a virtual private network or a proxy (duh) to access Netflix, you'll frequently encounter a proxy error in which Netflix says, 'You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy.'. There have been sporadic situations where customers using neither have seen everyone's beloved Netflix site error. However this is generally due to their internet service provider utilizing one of the same IP addresses as a VPN.
This issue occurred as a result of the streaming giant's agreements with content providers to only display particular series and movies in specific locations. To circumvent this, many individuals began using VPNs to pretend to be in the United States to view region-locked shows. This did not sit well with Netflix's partners. Therefore Netflix was compelled to adopt the harshest VPN filter available, second only to Hulu's.
Part 2: How to fix the Netflix Proxy Error Message?
If you are in search of a solution and want to fix the Netflix proxy error message permanently, you need to know how you can install the VPN and keep using Netflix without any errors. Here's how you get around Netflix's Proxy error message in three simple steps. Because VPNs dependably unblock Netflix, we used VPN for our steps.
Step 1: Install a VPN application
The first step is to sign up for a VPN, then download and install the VPN program for your device. Most network operators provide applications for a variety of devices, including smart TVs, media devices such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick and Apple TV, computers, mobile devices, and gaming systems.
Step 2: Join a VPN Server
Open the VPN software and connect to a server in the Netflix region of your choice. For example, to view Japanese Netflix, choose a Japan server and click the "connect" option.
Step 3: Launch the Netflix app
Open the Netflix app or go to the Netflix website. The VPN deceives Netflix into believing you're viewing the platform from your preferred country. As a consequence, it recommends movies and TV series tailored to the population of that nation. After proceeding with the above steps and installing the most appropriate and feasible VPN, you will never see the error message saying, 'You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy.'
If Netflix prevents you from using VPN servers, you have two options.
- Switch server locations by repeating the preceding procedures, but with a separate place.
- You may purchase a dedicated IP address if your VPN service offers it. A dedicated IP address is yours alone, in a specific place, and comes with a good reputation.
Part 3: How to Choose the Best VPN in 2022?
Although there are many factors that we should consider while choosing a VPN in 2022, we have focused on the ones that will help you in getting rid of all kinds of Netflix issues, even if Netflix wants to block them.
1. Examine the features of each VPN
Every VPN service provider emphasizes something. It might be speed, encryption, or anonymity - you must ensure that your objectives match theirs.
A VPN with a reputation for unlocking material is essential if you want to watch regionally restricted content.
Many VPNs, for example, struggle to get through Netflix's VPN ban, while ExpressVPN and CyberGhost consistently succeed.
2. Determine why you require a VPN
If you intend to stream movies online, you will require a VPN with fast speed, dependable connections, and limitless capacity.
Meanwhile, frequent travelers who rely heavily on public WiFi networks require a VPN with outstanding security and servers located all over the world.
3. Look for a VPN with an easy-to-use interface
Many VPNs configurations and user interfaces can be fairly difficult. Some VPNs provide a virtual setup, which means you never have to lift a finger.
4. Make certain that your critical sites are covered
If you live in a less populous or developed nation, or if you want to visit or live there for an extended period of time, you'll need a VPN with servers in that place or nearby.
5. Choose your preferred payment plan
Prices vary depending on the features and length of the membership.
6. Look for a VPN that has dependable customer service
One of the most neglected yet critical aspects of a VPN is whether or not the company provides 24/7 customer care.
We prefer VPNs with live chat because if you go for VPNs that provide customer service through emails, you will have to wait a lot.
Part 4: The Best VPNs for Netflix in 2022
After a comprehensive mainstream media evaluation, we have given a ranking. Now here are some of the top-ranking and the best-rated VPNs for Netflix in 2022.
When it comes to privacy and the fastest Netflix connection speed, the ExpressVPN ranks on the top.
- Provides all devices with a high-speed connection.
- Streaming bandwidth is unlimited.
- Over 3000 servers in more than 90 countries
- VPN Kill Switch is efficient
NordVPN is a good alternative for viewing Netflix movies and TV episodes online discreetly and securely because of its fast streaming performance.
- Streaming and torrenting optimized
- There are almost 5000 servers globally.
- Military-grade security
- A strict no-logs policy
- Money-back guarantee for 30 days
Millions of people trust it, and it is regarded as one of the most secure VPN services in the world. With this excellent VPN service, you can enjoy fast Netflix streaming and surfing while still protecting your Internet connection.
- You can rely on a strict no-logs policy.
- Excellent applications are available for all main devices.
- Over 6900 servers in more than 90 countries
- Live chat help in four languages is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Now that you know how to fix "You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy", and get rid of the Netflix proxy error, it is time to implement the solutions and see which one will work. Once you are able to successfully unblock your Netflix, you will be able to enjoy unlimited streaming.
Feel free to share with us about your experience and which VPN has helped you in getting the problem solved.
Dr.Fone - Virtual Location
1-Click Location Changer for both iOS and Android
- Teleport from one location to another across the world from the comfort of your home.
- With just a few selections on your computer, you can make members of your circle believe you’re anywhere you want.
- Stimulate and imitate movement and set the speed and stops you take along the way.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android systems.
- Work with location-based apps, like Pokemon Go, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking