What is Pokemon Go Team Rocket Special Research and How to Complete It?
“What is the Pokemon Go Team Rocket special research event in the game and how can I complete it?”
As I stumbled upon this question on Reddit, I realized that so many Pokemon Go players out there are confused about the Pokemon Go Team Rocket research. Since the special research is an interesting event, I would recommend all the players to take part in it. By the end of it, you will help Professor Willow to make super rocket radar and look for Giovanni (Team Rocket’s boss). Without much ado, let’s get to know about the Team Rocket Pokemon Go special research in detail!
Part 1: What are the Stages in Pokemon Go Team Rocket Special Research?
The Pokemon Go special research Team Rocket is a dedicated event in the game that will take you through 6 different stages. You would be completing different tasks and fighting against Team Rocket. A lot of players take part in the Pokemon Go Team Rocket research event due to the tons of rewards that they receive by completing it.
Presently, there are six different stages in the quest you have to follow, but only the first 5 stages are critical while the last one would be auto completed.
Task 1: Spin 10 Pokestops (500 XP reward)
Task 2: Defeat at least 3 Team Rocket grunts (500 XP reward)
Task 3: Catch a shadow Pokemon (500 XP reward)
Stage completion rewards: 500 stardust, 10 Pokeballs, and 10 razz berries
Task 1: Spin a Pokestop for 5 consecutive days (750 XP reward)
Task 2: Purify at least 15 shadow Pokemons (750 XP reward)
Task 3: Win 3 Pokemon Go raids (750 XP reward)
Stage completion rewards: 1000 stardust, 3 hyper potions, and 3 revives
Task 1: Implement at least 6 super-efficient charged attacks in gym battles (1000 XP reward)
Task 2: Win 3 great league trainer battles (1000 XP reward)
Task 3: Defeat at least 4 Team Rocket grunts (1000 XP reward)
Stage completion rewards: 1500 stardust, 15 great balls, and 5 Pinap berries
Task 1: Fight and defeat the Team Rocker leader Arlo (1250 XP reward)
Task 2: Fight and defeat the Team Rocker leader Sierra (1250 XP reward)
Task 3: Fight and defeat the Team Rocker leader Cliff (1250 XP reward)
Stage completion rewards: 2000 stardust, 1 super rocket radar, and 3 golden razz berries
Task 1: Discover the Team Rocket boss (2500 stardust)
Task 2: Battle the Team Rocket boss (1500 XP)
Task 3: Defeat the Team Rocket boss (3 silver pinap berries)
Stage completion rewards: 3000 stardust, 1 fast TM, and 1 charge TM
Stage 6 (Bonus)
3x Auto-completed tasks (2000 XP for each task)
Stage completion rewards: 20 ultra balls, 3 rare candies, and 3 max revive
Part 2: Tips to Complete Pokemon Go Team Rocket Special Research
Now when you know the different stages and tasks of Team Rocket special research in Pokemon Go, you must be willing to participate in it. Though, if you want to learn how to easily complete the Team Rocket Pokemon Go research, then consider these tips.
How to find a Team Rocket Grunt?
Finding and eventually fighting with a Team Rocket grunt is a vital step in the Pokemon Go special research Team Rocket event. For this, you just need to open Pokemon Go and look for various Pokestops. If a Pokestop is raided by a Team Rocket grunt, then it will be highlighted and its dome would keep moving. As you would approach this Pokestop, you can see its color changing to black with a grunt protecting it.
Collecting a shadow Pokemon
Once you find a grunt in the Pokemon Go Team Rocket research event, you need to fight them. This would be like any other Pokemon Go trainer battle with 3 vs 3 Pokemons. You can guess the Pokemons they are about to pick with their taunts. If you defeat them, then you can reclaim the Pokestop and can collect special tokens like Pokeballs, shadow Pokemon, and mysterious components. You can now use the Pokeball to catch the shadow Pokemon they have left behind. It would look like any other Pokemon with red eyes and a purple aura.
Purifying a shadow Pokemon
Apart from collecting shadow Pokemons, you also need to purify them to complete the Team Rocket Pokemon Go special research. To do that, you need to first catch the Pokemon and then visit its card on your app. Here, you can view the “Purify” option with its stardust and candy requirements. If you have enough candies and stardust, then just tap on the “Purify” button and confirm your choice.
How to locate Team Rocket leaders?
The later stages of the Pokemon Go special research Team Rocket event will need you to defeat their leaders (Cliff, Arlo, and Sierra). Whenever you defeat a Team Rocket grunt, they would leave behind a mysterious component. Now, after collecting six of these mysterious components, combine them to form rocket radar. This will let you discover where Team Rocket leaders are hidden on the map and you can fight them eventually.
How to complete Team Rocket special research tasks remotely?
As you can see, the Team Rocket Pokemon Go special research can be a bit tedious to complete. Though, if you don’t want to step out to look for shadow Pokemons or Team Rocket leaders, then consider using a location spoofer tool. For instance, dr.fone – Virtual Location (iOS) is a recommended tool to spoof your device location. You can just enter the name of the place, its address, or even its coordinates to spoof your device location. It has a map-like interface so that you can move the pin around and customize the location to spoof.
4,039,074 people have downloaded it
In this way, you don’t have to step out completing the Team Rocket research Pokemon Go tasks. Also, there is an option to simulate your movement between different stops in a route. There will be a GPS joystick enabled, letting you move realistically at your preferred speed. This will help you play Pokemon Go remotely without jailbreaking your phone or getting your account banned.
Part 3: Can you Skip Special Research Tasks in Pokemon Go?
Please note that the Pokemon Go Team Rocket special research is an optional event. If you don’t want to take part in it, then simply stop completing the tasks or don’t start at all. Though, if you are already in between the Team Rocket Pokemon Go research and you would like to skip some tasks, then that’s not possible as of now. You would need to complete its existing tasks to move to the next stage and claim its rewards.
There you go! I’m sure that after reading this post, you would be accustomed to the Team Rocket research event in Pokemon Go. Since there are so many stages and tasks in Pokemon Go Team Rocket special research, completing it can be tiresome. To make your job easier, you can just take the assistance of dr.fone – Virtual Location (iOS) and complete these tasks from anywhere you want!
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking