Should I Evolve Pokemons in Sword and Shield: Resolve All Your Doubts Right Here!
“Can I stop evolving Pokemons in Sword and Shield? I’m not sure if all this effort to evolve a Pokemon is worth it!”
If you are also an avid player of Pokemon Sword and Shield, then you must be having this doubt too. Just like any other Pokemon-based game, Sword and Shield also heavily relies on Pokemon evolution. Though there are times when players complain that they have accidentally stopped evolution in Pokemon Sword and Shield while sometimes, they want to deliberately stop it. Read on and get all your queries about evolution in the game resolved right here.
Part 1: What is Pokemon Sword and Shield All About?
Sword and Shield is one of the latest role-playing games from the Pokemon universe that was released in November 2019. It features generation VIII of the universe that takes place in the Galar region (based in the UK). The game introduced 81 new Pokemons in the universe with 13 region-specific Pokemons.
The game follows a typical role-playing technique that narrates the story in third-person. Players have to take different routes, catch Pokemons, fight battles, participate in raids, evolve Pokemons, and do several other tasks along the way. Presently, Pokemon Sword and Shield is only available for Nintendo Switch and has sold more than 17 million copies worldwide.
Part 2: Should you Evolve Pokemons in Sword and Shield: Pros and Cons
Although evolution is a part of Pokemon Sword and Shield, it has its own benefits and limitations. Here are some of the pros and cons of Pokemon evolution in Sword and Shield that you should keep in mind:
- It will help you fill your PokeDex that would give you more in-game points.
- Evolving a Pokemon would definitely make it stronger, helping you later in the game.
- Some Pokemons can even evolve into dual-types to help you in battles.
- Since evolution leads to stronger Pokemons, you can improvise your gameplay and overall influence.
- Some baby Pokemons have special moves and are generally faster.
- If the evolution happens too soon, then you would miss out on utilizing some unique tactics of Pokemons.
- At an early level, it would become difficult to master the moves of some evolved Pokemons.
- Since you can always choose to evolve Pokemons afterward, you can just do it whenever you are ready.
Part 3: How to Evolve Pokemons in Sword and Shield: Expert Tips
If you wish to evolve Pokemons or have accidentally stopped evolution in Pokemon Sword and Shield, then consider the following methods. By implementing these tips, you can easily evolve Pokemons in Sword and Shield at your own pace.
This is one of the most common ways of evolving Pokemons over time. As you would use the Pokemon and master an attack, it helps them evolve. For instance, if you have Eevee, then you need to master baby-doll attack (at level 15) or charm (at level 45) to evolve it into Sylveon. Similarly, after learning Mimic at level 32, you can evolve Mime Jr. into Mr. Mime.
Level and time-based evolution
The day-and-night cycle in Pokemon Sword and Shield is a bit different from our world. As you would spend more time in the game and reach different levels, you will find Pokemons evolving on their own. By reaching level 16, Raboot, Drizzile, and Thwackey will evolve while Rilaboom, Cinderace, and Inteleon would evolve at level 35.
This is a pretty unique way of evolving Pokemons in Sword and Shield. Ideally, it tests your friendship with the Pokemon. The more time you have spent with it, the better chances you would have to evolve it. You can visit the “Friendship Checker” feature in the game to know the level of friendship between you and your Pokemon.
Just like any other Pokemon game, you can also help in evolution by collecting certain items. Here are some Pokemon and item combinations that can help you in their evolution in Sword and Shield.
- Razor claw: To evolve Sneasel into Weavile
- Tart Apple: To evolve Applin into Flapple (Sword)
- Sweet Apple: To evolve Applin into Appletun (Shield)
- Sweet: To evolve Milcery into Alcremie
- Cracked Pot: To evolve Sinstea into Polteageist
- Whipped Dream: To evolve Swirlix into Slupuff
- Prism Scale: To evolve Feebas into Milotic
- Protector: To evolve Rhydon into Rhyperior
- Metal Coat: To evolve Onix into Steelix
- Reaper Cloth: To evolve Dusclops into Dusknoir
Other methods to evolve Pokemons
Apart from that, there are a few other methods to evolve Pokemons easily. For example, with the help of an evolution stone, you can fasten-up the process of evolving any Pokemon. Trading Pokemons can also help in quick evolution. Besides that, some Pokemons like Applin, Toxel, Yamask, etc. have their unique evolution methods as well.
Part 4: How can I Stop Evolving Pokemons in Sword and Shield?
As you can see, not every player would like to evolve Pokemons as it has its own limitations. To learn how to stop a Pokemon from evolving in Pokemon Sword and Shield, you can follow these techniques.
Get an Everstone
Ideally, an everstone works in contrast to an evolution stone. If the Pokemon is holding the everstone, then it won’t undergo an unwanted evolution. If you want to evolve it later, then simply take away everstone from the Pokemon.
The easiest way to get everstone is by farming Roggenrola and Boldore. These Pokemons have a 50 % chance of yielding an everstone.
There are different everstones scattered all over the map in Pokemon Sword and Shield. One of them is located nearby the Turffield Pokemon Center. Just head to the right, follow the slope, take the next left, and tap on the glittering stone to pick an everstone.
Press B while the Pokemon is evolving
Well, this is the easiest way to learn how to stop an evolution in Pokemon Sword and Shield. When the Pokemon is evolving and you get its dedicated screen, press and hold the “B” button on the keypad. This will automatically stop the Pokemon from evolving. You can do the same thing whenever you get the evolution screen. If you want to evolve the Pokemon, then simply avoid pressing any key that can halt the process in between.
I hope that after reading this guide, you would be able to know more about evolution in Pokemon Sword and Shield. If you have accidentally stopped evolution in Pokemon Sword and Shield, then you can follow the above-listed methods to complete it. I have also included two smart ways for how to stop a Pokemon from evolving in Sword and Shield. Go ahead and follow this guide and share it with your fellow gamers to teach them how to stop a Pokemon from evolving in Pokemon Sword and Shield.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Fake GPS on Social Media
- Fake Whatsapp location
- Fake mSpy GPS
- Grindr Unable to Refresh
- Change Instagram Business Location
- Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Grindr GPS
- Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- Fake Tinder GPS
- Fake Snapchat GPS
- Change Instagram Region/Country
- Change Location on Tiktok
- Fake Location on Facebook
- Change Location on Hinge
- Change/Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- Change Location on Twitter
- Change Location on Facebook Dating
- Fake Location on YikYak
- Find People on Tinder by Name
- Fake GPS on Games
- Flg Pokemon go
- Pokemon go joystick on android no root
- hatch eggs in pokemon go without walking
- Fake GPS on pokemon go
- Spoofing pokemon go on Android
- Pokemon Go Unable to Authenticate
- Harry Potter Apps
- How to Catch Ditto Pokemon
- Pokemon Go CP Calculator Tips
- Pokemon Go Community Day
- Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Top Pokemon in Pokemon Go
- Fake GPS on Android
- Fake GPS on Android
- Fake GPS on Huawei Without Rooting
- Google Location Changing
- Fake GPS No Root
- Hola Fake GPS Alternative
- Spoof Android GPS without Jailbreak
- Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Android Location Settings
- Change iOS Devices Location
- Best Location Changer for iPhone and Android
- See Someone on iPhone
- Change Find My iPhone Location
- Pokemon go spoofing
- Fake all kinds of ios gps
- Fake Pokemon go GPS
- Change Weather Location on iPad
- Change Home Address on iPhone
- Fake Location to Bypass Regional Restriction
- Change Netflix Location
- Bypass MLB Tv
- Change Location on YouTube TV
- Change Play Store Country
- Change Location on Facebook Marketplace
- Dating Apps Tips