Why can't I enter the iSpoofer site?
For a long period, iSpoofer has helped avid Pokemon Go players change their smartphone’s GPS location and collect a variety of Pokemon. The app used to seamlessly integrate with the original Pokemon GO game and players could use it to fake their GPS location. However, if you’ve been following the latest POGO updates, you may already know that iSpoofer no longer works. The official iSpoofer website has been taken down permanently and users have even received official emails that declare the permanent termination of the app.
Even the Pokemon Go-based forums on Reddit have been flooding with posts on unexpected shut-down of the app. If you’ve been frustrated by the news of iSpoofer.com shutting down permanently, continue reading. In this article, we are going to discuss why the makers ended up terminating the iSPoofer services and what are the best alternatives to fake your iPhone’s GPS location in 2021.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
Part 1: Is the iSpoofer Site Shut Down? Why?
For people who don’t know, iSpoofer was permanently shut down in September last year. All iSpoofer services were immediately terminated and the official website was taken down as well. While no one knows what was the primary reason behind this unexpected shutdown, we believe that it had something to do with the 2019 lawsuit filed by Niantic against Global++.
Back in 2019, Niantic filed a lawsuit against Global++, the creator of PokeGo++, for copyright infringement. The former claimed that Global++ stole data from Niantic’s official servers and created a spoofed version of their original game, i.e., PokeGo++. While PokeGo++ was highly appreciated by users, it was merely a spoofed version of the real game that damaged the gaming experience for new users.
PokeGO++ had several features (like iSpoofer) that allowed users to change their GPS location and find new Pokemon without leaving their house at all. The app became so popular that thousands of Pokemon Go players started using it instead of the original POGO app. As a result, Niantic ended up filing a lawsuit against Global++ that was later settled for a hefty amount of $5 million. Not to mention, the makers had to immediately take down the PokeGo++ app from their website and terminate its services as well.
Call it a coincidence or a way to avoid a huge settlement fee, even the iSpoofer makers decided to follow the footsteps of Global++. After PokeGo++, iSPoofer was the second most popular geo spoofing tool for iOS and many players predicted that Niantic may go after its makers as well. So, to avoid this unexpected situation, they voluntarily decided to take down their app from the Internet and terminate all the services, even for the pro version.
If you had subscribed to the paid version of iSpoofer, you may have received an email like this:
Now, many players are speculating about the comeback of iSpoofer, it’s safe to say that the app is less likely to be released again. Niantic has become extremely strict towards such spoofing activities. In fact, the company has even started to ban POGO accounts that are caught violating the geo spoofing rules.
Part 2: Can I find a way to spoof instead of iSpoofer?
With iSpoofer.com going down permanently, many Pokemon Go fans have started to look for alternatives to fake location in Pokemon Go. Unfortunately, when it comes to iOS, the options are limited and you’ll have to perform extensive research to find the right tool. To save you from trouble, we have a great iSPoofer alternative that’ll help you spoof your geolocation on an iPhone without any hassle.
Dr.Fone - Virtual Location (iOS)is an exclusive location spoofing tool for iOS that comes with a dedicated “Teleport Mode” to change your current location to anywhere in the world. You can even change the current GPS to a specific location by pasting its coordinates in the search bar.
In addition to this, Dr.Fone - Virtual Location (iOS) also supports GPS Joystick that’ll allow you to virtually control your movement on the map. All you have to do is use the arrow keys and your character will move accordingly on the map. With a simple user-interface, you’ll find it extremely easy to fake your GPS location and collect different Pokemon in the game.
Here are some of the additional features that make Dr.Fone - Virtual Location (iOS) a reliable alternative to iSpoofer.com.
- Teleport your location to anywhere in the world with one click
- Use GPS coordinates to find extremely specific locaCompatible with all iOS versions and iPhone models
- Save locations for future use
- Supports GPS Joystick to virtually control your movement while playing Pokemon Go
- Auto Marching to make your character move in a particular direction automatically
Step 1 - Install the Dr.Fone toolkit on your PC and launch the software to get started. Then, click “Virtual Location” on its home screen.Step 2 - Now, connect your iPhone to the PC using a lightning cable and click “Get Started”. Step 3 - A map will appear on your screen and the pointer will point to your current location. Click “Teleport Mode” (3rd icon at the top-right corner) and use the search bar to look for a location. Alternatively, you can search for a location using its GPS coordinates. Step 4 - Click “Go” and the pointer will automatically move to the selected location. Click “Move Here” on the prompted dialog box to change your current location.
That’s it; your GPS location will be changed and you can start playing Pokemon GO to collect more Pokemon.
Part 3: Other ways to spoof you may have heard
In addition to Dr.Fone - Virtual Location (iOS), there are several other ways to fake your GPS location on an iPhone. While not all these methods are legit, you can try them as an alternative to iSpoofer.com and use a spoofed location on your iDevices.
A few of these methods include:
1. Use a VPN
Using a VPN is a popular way to hide the current location on an iDevice. However, VPNs will only change your IP address and won’t affect the GPS settings at all. This means that you’ll be able to use a VPN to access geo-restricted content but it won’t help you change your GPS location for Pokemon Go.
2. Use another GPS Spoofing Tool
Like Dr.Fone - Virtual Location, you can find different types of spoofing apps for iOS. But, make sure to look for a tool that’s not on Niantic’s radar and won’t get your account banned for spoofing the location. The only downside of using another GPS spoofing tool is that not all tools have the same user-friendly interface as Dr.Fone - Virtual Location (iOS) and you might even have to perform different complicated steps to get the job done.
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. iTools Alternatives
- 10. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 11. 3uTools Alternatives
- 12. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- 13. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Google Maps Giving Voice Directions
- 10. Stop From Being Tracked
- 11. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- 3. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 4. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Change Location On Linkedin
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking