Restore WhatsApp Chats from Google Drive on Samsung: A Complete Guide
It has now become easier than ever to restore a WhatsApp backup on Samsung or other Android devices. Since you can connect WhatsApp to your Google account, the app can maintain a recent backup on the cloud. Therefore, in this post, I will let you know how to restore WhatsApp chats from Google Drive on Samsung. Besides that, I will also let you know how to restore WhatsApp messages on Samsung without a prior backup.
WhatsApp Restore on Samsung Banner
Part 1: How to Restore WhatsApp Chats from Google Drive on Samsung?
All the Android device users (including Samsung users) can maintain a backup of their WhatsApp chats to Google Drive. Therefore, if the backup already exists, then you can easily restore WhatsApp messages on Samsung. Just make sure that you have met the following prerequisites:
- Your Samsung phone should be linked to the same Google account where the WhatsApp backup was saved.
- You must use the same phone number to authenticate your WhatsApp account that you used to take the previous backup.
- There should be an existing backup of your chats saved on the linked Google account.
Restore WhatsApp Backup on Samsung
If you are already using WhatsApp on your Samsung account, then just uninstall the app, and reinstall it again. While setting up your WhatsApp account, enter your phone number and select your country code.
In no time, WhatsApp will automatically detect the presence of an existing backup on Google Drive. You can now tap on the “Restore” button and maintain a stable internet connection as your WhatsApp messages would be restored.
To learn how to restore WhatsApp chats from Google Drive to Samsung, an existing backup should be maintained. For this, you can launch WhatsApp and go to its Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. Here, you can connect your Google account to WhatsApp and tap on the “Back up” button. There is also a provision to set up automatic backups on dedicated schedules like daily, weekly, or monthly.
Part 2: How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Samsung to iPhone?
There are times when users move from Samsung to iPhone but can’t seem to move their WhatsApp data in the process. In this case, you can use a dedicated application like Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer. It is a user-friendly DIY tool that can move your WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone or any other Android device.
To learn how to restore WhatsApp backup from Samsung to iPhone, just connect both the devices to the system and launch the application. Check their placements on the interface and start the WhatsApp transfer process. This will directly move your WhatsApp data from Samsung to iPhone without any trouble.
Part 3: How to Restore WhatsApp Chats on Samsung without any Backup?
At times, a lot of users don’t maintain a timely backup of their WhatsApp data on Google Drive. If this is the case with you, then you can try Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android) to retrieve your lost or deleted WhatsApp content.
- The application can help you get back your deleted WhatsApp chats, photos, videos, documents, voice notes, stickers, and more.
- It will scan your Android device carefully without causing any harm and would let you preview your data beforehand.
- Users can first preview their WhatsApp files and select what they wish to restore to any location.
- Apart from all the major Samsung phones, it works smoothly with other Android devices as well (from Lenovo, LG, OnePlus, Xiaomi, and other brands).
If you also want to learn how to restore WhatsApp chats on your Samsung phone without any backup, then follow these instructions:
Step 1: Install and Launch Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android)
World's 1st Android smartphone and tablet recovery software
- The software is a leader for Android recovery tools that retrieve deleted photos with a high success rate.
- Not only recovers deleted pictures from Android, but also recovers messages, videos, call history, WhatsApp, documents, contacts, and a lot more.
- The software works wonderfully with more than 6000 Android devices.
- You can selectively recover deleted photos and other Android device data depending on your needs.
- This software also allows you to scan and preview your deleted data prior to recovering them.
- Be it a broken Android phone, SD card, or rooted and un-rooted Android phone, Dr.Fone – Data Recovery literally recovers data from almost any device.
To start with, simply install the application and launch the Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) on your computer. From the welcome screen of the toolkit, you can open the “Data Recovery” module.
Step 2: Connect your Samsung Phone and Start the Recovery Process
With the help of an authentic USB cable, you can now connect your Samsung phone to the system from where you lost your WhatsApp data. On the interface of Dr.Fone, go to the WhatsApp Recovery option from the sidebar. Here, you can verify your device by checking its snapshot and click on the “Next” button.
Step 3: Wait for the WhatsApp Data Recovery Process to be over
Afterward, you can just sit back and wait for a while as Dr.Fone would scan your Samsung phone for any lost or deleted WhatsApp data. Just wait and try not to close the application or disconnect your phone in between.
Step 4: Install a Specific App
Once the recovery process is completed, the application will inform you the same. It will now ask you to install a special app to complete the process. You can agree to it and wait for the installation to be over.
Step 5: Preview and Recover your WhatsApp Content
That’s it! In the end, you can just preview your WhatsApp data listed under different sections on the sidebar. You can visit any category to preview your chats, photos, and other data types.
You can also go to the top to select if you wish to view all or just the deleted WhatsApp data. Lastly, you can select what you wish to restore and click on the “Recover” button to save your WhatsApp data to any preferred location.
Now when you know how to restore WhatsApp chats from Google Drive on Samsung, you can easily get your deleted chats back. Not just that, I have also listed a quick solution to restore WhatsApp backup from Samsung to iPhone here. Though, if you don’t have a prior backup maintained, then simply use Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android). It has an excellent WhatsApp data recovery feature that would let you get back your chats and exchanged media easily.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 1 WhatsApp Backup
- Backup WhatsApp Messages
- WhatsApp Online Backup
- WhatsApp Auto Backup
- WhatsApp Backup Extractor
- Backup WhatsApp Photos/Video
- 2 Whatsapp Recovery
- Android Whatsapp Recovery
- Restore WhatsApp Messages
- Restore WhatsApp Backup
- Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages
- Recover WhatsApp Pictures
- Free WhatsApp Recovery Software
- Retrieve iPhone WhatsApp Messages
- 3 Whatsapp Transfer
- Move WhatsApp to SD Card
- Transfer WhatsApp Account
- Copy WhatsApp to PC
- Backuptrans Alternative
- Transfer WhatsApp Messages
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Anroid
- Export WhatsApp History on iPhone
- Print WhatsApp Conversation on iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to PC
- Transfer WhatsApp from Android to PC
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to Computer
- Transfer WhatsApp Photos from Android to Computer