How to Restore WhatsApp Messages Without Uninstalling WhatsApp on Android: A Working Solution
Over the last few years, WhatsApp has become a must-have social IM app to communicate with others. While WhatsApp lets us back up our data, there are times when we wish to restore a WhatsApp backup without uninstalling the app. Ideally, by using its native method, you have to reinstall WhatsApp on your device to get your data back. Thankfully, there are still some ways to learn how to restore WhatsApp backup without uninstalling the app. Here, I will let you know how to restore WhatsApp messages without uninstalling the app on your Android phone.
- part 1: How to Restore a WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling WhatsApp on your PC with Dr.Fone – Data Recovery?
- part 2: How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive without Uninstalling WhatsApp: A Smart Alternative
Even if you don’t have a WhatsApp backup saved and you don’t wish to uninstall the app, you can still retrieve your data. To do this, I would recommend using Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android) that has a dedicated option for WhatsApp Data Recovery.
- Using it, you can get back all kinds of existing or deleted WhatsApp data like your chats, photos, videos, documents, voice notes, and so much more.
- There is no need to uninstall or reinstall WhatsApp on your phone as you can simply extract all the data on your computer instead.
- The application is extremely easy to use and will let you preview the extracted WhatsApp files like your photos or videos.
- Apart from the existing WhatsApp data on your device, Dr.Fone can also get back your lost or deleted data under different scenarios.
To know how do I restore my WhatsApp messages without uninstalling the app, you can also use Dr.Fone – Data Recovery in the following way:
Dr.Fone - Android Data Recovery(WhatsApp Recovery on Android)
- Recover Android data by scanning your Android phone & tablet directly.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want from your Android phone & tablet.
- Supports various file types, including Messages & Contacts & Photos & Videos & Audio & Document & WhatsApp.
- Supports 6000+ Android Device Models & Various Android OS.
Step 1: Launch the Dr.Fone Toolkit and open the Data Recovery option
Simply install the application and launch the Dr.Fone toolkit whenever you wish to restore WhatsApp backup without uninstalling the app. From its home, you can find and open the “Data Recovery” feature now.
Step 2: Select your Android Device and Start the Recovery Process
Using an authentic cable, you can connect your Android phone to the system and go to the WhatsApp Recovery feature on the interface. Here, you can verify your device from the provided snapshot and start the recovery process of WhatsApp data.
Step 3: Wait as your WhatsApp Data is Extracted
Once you start the WhatsApp data recovery process, just sit back, and wait for a while. You can check the status of the process from the interface of Dr.Fone – Data Recovery. It is highly recommended not to disconnect your device or close the application in between.
Step 4: Choose to the Install the Specific App
To proceed, the application will ask you to install a specific app. Just agree to it and install the special WhatsApp app so that you can extract and preview your data on the application.
Step 5: Preview your WhatsApp Data and Restore it
That’s it! Once the recovery process is done, you can simply preview your recovered data listed under different categories. You can now go to any category and simply preview your files on the native interface.
If you want, you can go to the top-right corner to select if you wish to view all WhatsApp data or just the deleted content. Lastly, you can select what you want to get back and click on the “Recover” button to save it.
By following this simple drill, anyone can learn how to restore WhatsApp backup without uninstalling WhatsApp on their device.
Ideally, Dr.Fone – Data Recovery would be the best solution to restore WhatsApp backup without uninstalling the app. Though, there is a shortcut that would let you restore your data from Google Backup without uninstalling WhatsApp. For this, you have to manually reset the WhatsApp app on your device. Please note that this trick will delete the existing data on your WhatsApp and will simply restore an existing backup instead.
Therefore, if you are ready to take that risk, then follow these steps to know how to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive without uninstalling WhatsApp.
Step 1: Check for your WhatsApp Backup on Google Drive
Firstly, make sure that there is a dedicated WhatsApp backup saved on Google Drive. To do this, launch WhatsApp and go to its Settings > Chats > Chat Backup option. Here, you can connect your Google account to WhatsApp and tap on the “Back up” button. You can also maintain scheduled backups on Google Drive from here.
Step 2: Reset the Saved Data and Cache for WhatsApp
Afterward, you can just go to your device’s Settings > Apps and look for WhatsApp. Simply go to the WhatsApp Storage Settings and manually clear all the saved data and cache from the app to reset it. Besides that, you can find this option in your phone’s Settings > Storage > Apps > WhatsApp as well.
Step 3: Directly Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive
That’s it! You can now just launch WhatsApp and enter the same phone number while setting up your account. Besides that, make sure that the same Google account is linked to your phone where the backup is saved.
In no time, WhatsApp will automatically detect the presence of an existing backup on Google Drive. You can just tap on the “Restore” button and wait as the app would extract an existing backup and complete the setup of your WhatsApp account. This will let you know how to restore WhatsApp messages without uninstalling the app.
As you can see, learning how to restore WhatsApp messages without uninstalling the app is pretty easy. If you want to make sure that you don’t lose your WhatsApp data, then install Dr.Fone – Data Recovery on your system. Apart from WhatsApp messages, it can also help you get your back lost or deleted photos, videos, contacts, documents, and more without any issue. Go ahead and use Dr.Fone – Data Recovery to learn how to restore WhatsApp messages without uninstalling WhatsApp on your own!
- Message Sending Tricks
- Send Anonymous Messages
- Send Group Message
- Send and Receive Message from Computer
- Send Free Message from Computer
- Online Message Operations
- SMS Services
- Message Protection
- Various Message Operations
- Forward Text Message
- Track Messages
- Read Messages
- Get Message Records
- Schedule Messages
- Recover Sony Messages
- Sync Message across Multiple Devices
- View iMessage History
- Love Messages
- Message Tricks for Android
- Message Apps for Android
- Recover Android Messages
- Recover Android Facebook Message
- Recover Messages from Broken Adnroid
- Recover Messages from SIM Card on Adnroid
- Samsung-Specific Message Tips