Restore WhatsApp Data from iCloud/Google Drive (And What to Do When There's No Backup)
We all use WhatsApp to communicate with our friends, family, colleagues, and people around us. Though, losing all those important chats and exchanged files can be a nightmare. The good news is that you can restore WhatsApp from an iCloud or Google Drive backup. Here, I will let you know how to restore WhatsApp messages from an iCloud backup. Besides that, I will also discuss how to retrieve our lost WhatsApp data when there is no backup.
- Part 1: How to Restore WhatsApp Data from an iCloud Backup?
- Part 2: How to Restore WhatsApp Data from Google Drive?
- Part 3: How to Recover WhatsApp Data without any Google Drive Backup?
If you use WhatsApp on an iOS device, then you can just connect your iCloud account to the app. Later, you can simply visit its Chat settings to take a manual or scheduled backup of your WhatsApp data. In case if this is enabled, then you can easily restore WhatsApp chat history on iPhone via iCloud.
Back up WhatsApp Data on iCloud
At first, just launch WhatsApp on your iPhone and go to its Settings; Chats; Chat Backup. From here, you can first connect your iCloud account to WhatsApp. Once it is done, tap on the "Back up Now button to take an immediate backup of your WhatsApp data.
You can further choose to include videos in the backup file or not. There is also an option to take scheduled daily, weekly, or monthly backup via the Auto Backup feature.
Restore WhatsApp data from iCloud Backup
If you have taken a backup of your WhatsApp data on your iCloud account, then you can restore it easily. To restore WhatsApp from iCloud, you need to first reinstall the application on your device and make sure it is connected to the same iCloud account.
While setting up your WhatsApp account on your iPhone, enter the same phone number as before. The application will automatically detect the presence of a prior WhatsApp backup. Tap on the "Restore Chat History button to extract your WhatsApp data from the backup.
How long does WhatsApp take to restore data from iCloud?
This would entirely depend on two things - the size of the backup and your internet connection. If you have a good internet connection, then WhatsApp backup can be restored in a few minutes easily.
Similar to iCloud, Android users can also take a backup of their WhatsApp data on Google Drive. You can maintain a manual or automatic backup and can use it to restore your lost data.
>Back up WhatsApp Data on Google Drive
Launch WhatsApp and go to its Settings; Chats; Chat Backup to make sure that your Google account is connected here. Tap on the "Back up button to take an immediate backup of the entire data.
You can also go to the Auto Backup feature to set up a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule to back up your data automatically.
Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive
If you are already using WhatsApp on your phone, then you need to reinstall it first. Besides that, make sure that the device is connected to the same Google account where your backup is saved.
As you would launch WhatsApp, you can enter the existing number and verify it. In no time, WhatsApp will detect the presence of an existing backup and would let you know. Just tap on the "Restore button and wait as WhatsApp would recover your data from Google Drive.
Part 3: How to Recover WhatsApp Data without any Google Drive Backup?
Even if you don't have a backup of your WhatsApp data saved on Google Drive, you can still retrieve it. To do this, you can simply use Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android), which is a complete data recovery tool that also supports the retrieval of WhatsApp content.
- You can just scan your Android device and the application will automatically extract any lost or deleted WhatsApp content.
- Fone can help you get back your lost WhatsApp conversations, photos, videos, documents, voice notes, and any other exchanged media.
- It will list all the extracted media in different categories, letting you preview your files before saving them.
- Using the application to retrieve your data is extremely simple and it has one of the highest recovery rates in the industry.
Here's how you can also restore WhatsApp data from your Android device even without a backup.
Step 1: Connect your Device and Launch Dr.Fone - Data Recovery
World's 1st data retrieval software for broken Android devices.
- It can also be used to recover data from broken devices or devices that are damaged in any other way such as those stuck in a reboot loop.
- Highest retrieval rate in the industry.
- Recover photos, videos, contacts, messages, call logs, and more.
- Compatible with Samsung Galaxy devices.
Simply connect your Android phone to your system using a working USB cable and launch the Dr.Fone toolkit; Data Recovery application.
Step 2: Start the WhatsApp Data Recovery Process
Once your Android device is connected, you can go to the WhatsApp Recovery section from the sidebar and click on the "Next button to start the process.
Step 3: Let the Application Recover your WhatsApp Data
Now, you can just wait for a few minutes and let the application extract the deleted or unavailable WhatsApp data from your device. Simply be patient and try not to disconnect your phone in between.
Step 4: Install the Special App
After completing the process, you will be asked to install a special app by the tool. Just agree to it and wait for a few minutes as the application would be installed so that you can preview your files.
Step 5: Preview and Restore your WhatsApp Data
Lastly, you can just go to different categories from the sidebar to preview your chats, photos, videos, and documents in the application.
You can also filter results from the top to view just the deleted data or the entire WhatsApp data. In the end, just select the WhatsApp data you want to get back and click on the "Preview button to save it.
I'm sure that after reading this post, you would be able to restore WhatsApp data from an iCloud backup. I have come up with a detailed tutorial on how to restore WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup or Google Drive. Though, if you haven't maintained a prior backup, then simply use Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android). A highly resourceful and user-friendly application, it will let you restore your lost or deleted WhatsApp content on your Android device without any hassle.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 1. Samsung Photo Recovery
- Samsung Photo Recovery
- Recover Deleted Photos from Samsung Galaxy/Note
- Galaxy Core Photo Recovery
- Samsung S7 Photo Recovery
- 2. Samsung Messages/Contacts Recovery
- Samsung Phone Message Recovery
- Samsung Contacts Recovery
- Recover Messages from Samsung Galaxy
- Recover Text from Galaxy S6
- Broken Samsung Phone Recovery
- Samsung S7 SMS Recovery
- Samsung S7 WhatsApp Recovery
- 3. Samsung Data Recovery
- Samsung Phone Recovery
- Samsung Tablet Recovery
- Galaxy Data Recovery
- Samsung Password Recovery
- Samsung Recovery Mode
- Samsung SD Card Recovery
- Recover from Samsung Internal Memory
- Recover Data from Samsung Devices
- Samsung Data Recovery Software
- Samsung Recovery Solution
- Samsung Recovery Tools
- Samsung S7 Data Recovery