How to Run Two Dropbox Accounts on One Computer?
Dropbox is one of the extremely popular cloud storage and file syncing platforms. Before Dropbox, teams struggled in coordinating their work and faced constant interruptions. As a result of which, they lacked efficiency and lost most of their time. Dropbox made their workflow smooth and systemic by keeping their work organized and synced. Once you store any file in dropbox you can access in from anywhere in the world, from any device. Moreover, whatever changes you make will automatically be synced across your account. And to use all these services, Dropbox even offers 2GB free storage. While providing so much convenience and ease to the people, there are few downsides of this service as well, one of which is having limitations on multiple Dropbox accounts on a single device. In this article, we are going to address this problem and discuss how can you run two Dropbox accounts on one computer
- Part 1. Can you have two Dropbox acounts on one computer?
- Part 2. How to add two personal Dropbox accounts with Dropbox app and web?
- Part 3. How to connect two personal dropbox accounts files via Sharing?
- Part 4. How to connect two personal dropbox accounts files with a third-party cloud manager tool?
Part 1. Can you have two Dropbox accounts on one computer?
Despite providing many useful features like collaboration, file sharing, and synchronization, dropbox offers no direct way of running multiple accounts on a single computer, unless you spend a hefty amount on becoming its business customer. According to its official website, only Dropbox business customers can have personal and business accounts on any computer, mobile phone, or website. They can sync those 2 accounts to a single device. However, there are 3 workarounds for basic and professional dropbox users. Through these methods, they can run two or more accounts on one device.
- Use the Dropbox website or app
- Use Dropbox shared folders
- Or use third-party cloud manager, CloudHQ
Part 2. How to add two personal Dropbox accounts with the Dropbox app and web?
This is the simplest and easiest way to use both your personal Dropbox accounts simultaneously if you don’t have a Dropbox business account. Follow these steps to use both your accounts on one computer
1. Install the Dropbox app on your desktop and use the App to login into your primary account.
2. Now open up the Dropbox website from any of your browser sign in to your secondary account.
You can perform all the basic functions on the website but the process will be much slower and time-consuming, especially if you need to frequently use your secondary account. This technique is only beneficial if you plan on using your secondary account occasionally.
Part 3. How to connect two personal dropbox accounts files via Sharing?
This is the most feasible option for situations where you need to access your secondary account at all times. With this technique, you can share folders between your secondary and primary account conveniently. Just follow these few steps to use your multiple Dropbox accounts through sharing
1. Log in to your secondary Dropbox account through the official website
2. Click on the option “New Shared Folder”
1. Then choose either “I’d like to create and share a new folder” or “I’d like to share an existing folder” as per your requirement. And after you select the folder with the desired content tap “next” to move forward.
2. Now enter the email address of your primary Dropbox account and don’t forget to enable the “can edit” option before hitting the “share” icon.
3. You will immediately receive an email on your primary account. Open the email and click on “Go to folder” to activate the connection.
Though this technique saves you from the hassle, however, it takes up extra space on both the accounts. Moreover, with this method you can’t share the root folder, instead, you can share all the files after moving them to another specific folder.
Part 4. How to connect two personal dropbox accounts files with a third-party cloud manager tool?
All the above methods somehow present some real obstacles for the users while syncing multiple Dropbox accounts on one computer. Thus, an efficient way of syncing and accessing multiple accounts at once is by using a third-party cloud manager, CloudHQ. With CloudHQ you can manage and sync all your cloud storage files from your computer, mobile phone, or tablet with just a simple login to the CloudHQ website. Not only this, but it also enables you to access multiple accounts for other cloud storage services as well like Google Drive, Sugar Sync, Yandex.Disk, etc. Also, as soon as CloudHQ link your accounts together, it will automatically start replicating all the changes between the accounts. The background replication is continuous and runs silently, without causing any interruptions during your work. Below are the steps through which you can easily link your primary and secondary Dropbox account on a single device.
1. Open up the CloudHQ’s website and sign up to start the synchronization wizard
2. First, drag the Dropbox icon into the empty space on the left
3. Now either select an already registered Dropbox account or tap on “Add Dropbox” to register a new account
4. To add a new Dropbox account you will need to enter email and password associated with your primary Dropbox account.
5. Now select whether you would like to “sync the entire account”, “create and sync a new folder”, or “sync an already existing folder” and then click “next”
6. If you want to sync an already existing folder then choose the desired folder and then click on “select”
7. Now click on the Dropbox icon to add it on the right side.
8. Select the Dropbox account or select “Add Dropbox”
9. Enter the email and password of your secondary Dropbox account
10. Select the sync type and tap on “Next”.
11. Now either choose the existing folder to sync or create a new folder and enter its name.
12. As soon as you select the folder, the synchronisation process will begin automatically
13. You will also receive an email to verify the link between the two accounts.
After this simple procedure, your both Dropbox accounts will be linked and you can access any of them at any time. You will be able to view, edit, and organize all your data from one place and all your changes will be automatically saved. In short, CloudHQ takes out all the hassle of manage multiple cloud storage accounts by linking them together.
You Might Also Like
Manage Multiple Cloud Accounts
- Manage Cloud Accounts on One Computer
- Google Drive Accounts on Same Computer
- Manage Mutiple Google Accounts Android
- Manage Multiple OneDrive Accounts on Windows 10
- Manage Multiple Amazon Accounts
- Manage Google Drive Accounts on Mac
- Manage Multiple Google Drive Accounts
- Manage Multiple Mega Accounts
- Two Dropbox Account on One Computer
- Manage Multiple Cloud Storage Accounts
- Manage Multiple Box Accounts
- Link Two Cloud Accounts