How to Merge Google Drive Accounts?
“Is it possible to merge Google Drive accounts? I am unable to store any new data on my old account due to some technical difficulty, which is why I have created a new account. Can I merge my data from my old Google Drive account to the new one?“
Part 1. Why do you need to Merge Google Drive Accounts?
Google Drive only offers 15GB worth of storage space to its users for free to safe keep multimedia files and documents. If you are an active user of the cloud service, then there will come a time that you will run out of storage space. To keep using the service, you would have to delete old files from the account or create a new account.
One other instance that may occur is that you wish to keep your personal and professional Google Drive account separate. The need to merge Google Drive accounts might arise if you want to use the data at once.
Though Google Drive doesn’t directly allow its users to merge multiple accounts, you can still use other techniques to perform the job. In this article, we will discuss the top methods to merge Google Drive accounts.
Part 2. How to Merge Google Drive Accounts to One Account by Sharing the Files?
As stated earlier, Google Drive offers no direct way to merge two different accounts on its platform. However, several indirect means can allow the user to share multiple forms of data across more than one accounts. In this section, we will share the method to use two ways to merge data across two Google Drive accounts. These approaches are not only safe but fast as well.
2.1 Share the File from your Old Account to your New Account.
You can share any file uploaded on your old Google Drive account to your new account or any other profile. You only have to enter the email address of the new Google Drive account. Once you do that, it will only take a moment to access the shared files from the new account. The steps to perform the procedure are listed below:
- Open your old Google Drive account from your web browser; Meanwhile, on a separate browser, sign-in with your new account on Google Drive and Gmail;
- From the old profile, access the file that you intend to share with the new account;
- Click on the dotted menu button which will be present on the top-right corner of the display;
- Click on Share from the pop-up box and proceed to the next step;
- Enter the email address of your new Google Drive account and click on Send to share the file;
- Once the file is sent from the old account, you will instantly receive a new email;
- Access the Email and open the file. You will be able to view, download, and share it from the new Google Drive account.
2.2 From your Old Account, Make a New Account the Owner of Each File.
If you want to give your new Google Drive account more authority over your files, then you can make the new account the new owner of the file or folder. The method may seem complicated, but it is effortless and merely take a minute of your time to finish the task. The instructions to make a different Google Drive account the owner of the file are as follow:
- Open your old Google Drive account and simultaneously access the new account from a different browser;
- Open the file and click on the dotted menu tab. From there, select the Share button and move on to the next step;
- Enter the email address of the new Google Drive account;
- On the right side of the interface, you will see a down arrow. Click on it, and select the Editor option. It will allow the new account to share the file and change permissions;
- Now from an additional setting box, click on the Pen icon and change the ownership from the old Google Drive account to the new one.
That’s it! Your new Google Drive account will be the owner of the file. It also proves the point that there is no need to merge Google Drive accounts.
Part 3. How to Merge Google Drive Accounts with a Google Takeout?
Google offers its users to form an archive of any kind of files from their Google Drive account using the Google Takeout platform. The service is entirely free and an effective way to merge Google Drive accounts without taking help from third-party platforms. You can read the following steps to merge Google Drive accounts with Google Takeout.
- Access Google Takeout and enter your login credentials to use the platform;
- Under the Create a New Export section, select Google Drive and then click on the Next Step button;
- Select the delivery method and the file type before hitting Create Export;
- The export process will soon start, and it will take a few minutes for it to finish. You can download the “ZIP” file and then upload it to your new Google Drive account.
Part 4. Merge Google Drive Accounts Using Wondershare InClowdz
Wondershare InClowdz allows you to sync data between cloud services, migrate data between cloud services and even manage cloud files to become the only cloud service solution you will need to keep tabs on all your various cloud storage accounts easily.
Wondershare InClowdz can be used to merge multiple Google Drive accounts in the sense that you can sync them and then manage the accounts from within InClowdz.
Step 1: Visit the website here: and create a new account if you do not have one already
Step 2: Add your Google Drive account to sync from. Do this for the second Google Drive account as well. You will need to authorize Wondershare InClowdz.
Step 3: After authorization, you will see your Google Drive accounts ready to sync. Select the source and the target Google Drive accounts and click Sync.
Upon successful completion, you will be notified with a message.
Manage Google Drive Account
After the sync is done, you can manage your Google Drive account from within InClowdz.
Step 1: Click the Management option from the menu. If you are signed out, sign in and click the option.
Step 2: Add the Google Drive account you want to manage and authorize it.
Step 3: Once authorized, click the account to manage it from within Wondershare InClowdz.
Management means the ability to upload, download, add folders, delete folders and files from within Wondershare InClowdz. Proprietary features will need to be accessed directly from the Google Drive website.
It is a convenient endeavor to store necessary data across multiple cloud storage platforms. Google may not allow you to merge Google Drive accounts instantly, but there are other safe and efficient ways to do the job.
In this article, we tried three fast techniques to share or merge data between two Google Drive accounts. Each method is useful in its own way, and you can safely opt for any one of them. If you know any person who intends to merge Google Drive accounts to access data, then share this post with them.
Different Cloud Accounts Transfer
- Transfer Data between Cloud Accounts
- Transfer Photos from One Google Account to Another
- Transfer Contacts from One Google Account to Another
- Move Files from One Google Drive to Another
- Move Photos from Google Drive to Google Photos
- Move Files from One Dropbox Account to Another
- Transfer Photos from One iCloud Account to Another
- Link Dropbox to Google Drive
- Transfer Google Docs to Another Account
- Transfer Google Photos to Another Account
- Copy Google Drive Folder to Another Account
- Transfer Contacts from One Gmail Account to Another
- Sync Cloud Accounts
- Merge Cloud Accounts
- Merge Google Photos Accounts
- Merge Dropbox Accounts
- Merge Google Drive Accounts
- Merge OneDrive Accounts
- Migrate Cloud Accounts
- Switch Cloud Accounts
- Use Multiple Cloud Accounts