Best 100+ Quotes To Send on Thanksgiving [Updated 2023]
Thanksgiving is a time to reunite with families and friends for festive meals. It’s a day to express gratitude for good things, spend time with loved ones, and reflect on blessings. What are your plans to express heartfelt sentiments to family and friends this Thanksgiving? Many people look for inspirational Thanksgiving quotes to convey love when they run short of ideas.
Crafting a perfect message seems challenging, so browsing a relevant quote is the only way. A well-chosen quote can prove a key to conveying your deepest feelings meaningfully. Thus, read this article and find the top-notch Thanksgiving quotes for parents, family, friends, etc.
While looking for quotes, people get confused about what words to choose for which situation. This is where the concept of categorizing quotes into relevant sectors comes to the rescue. The following section will help you to select a cool Thanksgiving quote for any settings. It will serve as a guide to ensure that the chosen quote aligns perfectly with the role.
- Type1: Quotes for Giving Thanks
- Type2: Quotes About Food and Feasting
- Type3: Quotes About Blessing
- Type4: Quotes About Gratitude
- Type5: Quotes About Servicing
- Type6: Quotes About Co-Workers
- Type7: Quotes for Friends
- Type8: Quotes for Family
- Type9: Quotes for Social Media
- Type10: Humorous Thanksgiving Quotes
1st Type: Quotes for Giving Thanks
Not everyone has the ability to express their feelings in words. Sometimes, we struggle to find the right words for writing thank-you notes. That’s where appreciation of Thanksgiving quotes makes such communication simple. They can provide a starting point for individuals to personalize their thankfulness message. Below are the refined quotes for giving thanks to your loved ones:
- “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue but the parent of all other virtues.”– Cicero
- “There's no possible way I could ever repay, How I wish, there were more I could do, But I thank you, friend, my friend, to the end.” – JimThistle
- “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” – JFK
- “Thank you for being an important part of my story.” —Anonymous
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – WillieNelson
- “It isn’t what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart.” – Anonymous
- “Thank you for being the reason I smile.” – Anonymous
- "I may not be where I want to be but I'm thankful for not being where I used to be." - HabeebAkande
- “We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning.” - AlbertBarnes
- “The soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything; the soul that complains can find comfort in nothing.” - HannahWhitall Smith
- “God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘thank you?” —WilliamArthur Ward
2nd Type: Quotes About Food and Feasting
The act of coming together at a food table is the basis of the Thanksgiving festival. The central point of celebration is dishes like pumpkin pie, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. They set the stage for a joyful, warm, and helpful family environment. Thanksgiving quotes related to food can reinforce those who are responsible for preparing meals. Thus, head to the given section and pick quotes of your choice:
- “Good, mashed potato is one of the great luxuries of life.” – LindseyBareham
- “The turkey. The sweet potatoes. The stuffing. The pumpkin pie. Is there anything else we all can agree so vehemently about? I don’t think so.” – NoraEphron
- “My mom makes something called green pie, which I thought was a delicacy that many people only had at Thanksgiving, but it turns out it was just Jell-O with whipped cream on it. And it's delicious.”-BobbyMoynihan
- “Thanksgiving is the meal we aspire for other meals to resemble.”– JonathanSafran Foer
- “My cooking is so bad my kids thought Thanksgiving was to commemorate Pearl Harbor.” – PhyllisDiller
- “If you think about a Thanksgiving dinner, it's really like making a large chicken.” – InaGarten
- “My most memorable meal is every Thanksgiving. I love the food: the turkey and stuffing; the sweet potatoes and rice, which come from my mother's Southern heritage; the mashed potatoes, which come from my wife's Midwestern roots; the Campbell's green-bean casserole; and of course, pumpkin pie.” – DouglasConant
- “My favorite meal is turkey and mashed potatoes. I love Thanksgiving, it's just my favorite. I can have Thanksgiving all year round.” – CindyMargolis
- “My whole problem is that all of my favorite things at Thanksgiving are the starches, and everyone is trying to go low-carb this year, even a green vegetable has carbs in it.”- TedAllen
- “I think I'm going to give my baby her first food on Thanksgiving, make her some organic sweet potato. I'm very excited! It's going to be a big day and my husband is in charge of the turkey - he's the chef of the family!”- LillyAldridge
3rd Type: Quotes About Blessing
Thanksgiving has historical roots in counting the harvest season blessings. Acknowledgment of blessings might take many forms such as good health, relationships, or materials. This way, you can strengthen your bond with others and spread positivity. So, below are Thanksgiving quotes for family and friends to count the blessing of their presence:
- “Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky, we are.” – JoyceGiraud
- “Do not indulge in dreams of having what you have not, but reckon up the chief of the blessings you do possess, and then thankfully remember how you would crave for them if they were not yours.” - MarcusAurelius
- “I am blessed to have so many great things in my life - family, friends, and God. All will be in my thoughts daily.” - Lil'Kim
- “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” - FriedrichKoenig
- “Reflect upon your present blessings.” - CharlesDickens.
- “The thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.” —HenryWard Beecher
- “We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.” —NealA. Maxwell.
- “The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.” — EricHoffer
- “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” — WilliamArthur Ward
- “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” — MayaAngelou
4th Type: Quotes About Gratitude
Gratitude quotes can inspire others to adopt a more thankful attitude. In our busy lives, we forget to recognize the blessings we have. Such quotes might serve as a gentle reminder to pause, reflect, and be thankful to people. They contribute to a positive and optimistic mindset that links with improved mental health. So, let’s delve into the below section and search out the best-suited gratitude quotes:
- “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” – WilliamArthur Ward
- “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” – RandyPausch
- “Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.” – WilliamFaulkner
- “Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have.” —Anonymous
- “A moment of gratitude makes a difference in your attitude.” —BruceWilkinson
- “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer.” – MayaAngelou
- “I am happy because I'm grateful. I choose to be grateful. That gratitude allows me to be happy.” –WillArnett
- “Thanksgiving is a joyous invitation to shower the world with love and gratitude.” – AmyLeigh Mercree
- “Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.” – NigelHamilton
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.” – MelodyBeattie
- “The struggle ends when gratitude begins.” – NealeDonald Walsh
- “Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.” -FredDe Witt Van Amburg.
5th Type: Quotes About Servicing
Many individuals have benefited from the exceptional services of others. Likewise, healthcare workers, teachers, house helpers, and volunteers. Thanksgiving is a time to appreciate their efforts and remember their importance in our lives. You can highlight their sacrifices and dedication by sending Thanksgiving quotes to employees. Without further delay, select the relevant quotes given beneath:
- “My restaurants are never opened on Thanksgiving; I want my staff to spend time with their family if they can. My feeling is, if I can't figure out how to make money the rest of the year so that my workers can enjoy the holidays, then I don't deserve to be an owner.” – MichaelSymon
- “Something I didn't even know was on my bucket list has been achieved. I have cooked Thanksgiving dinner with Martha Stewart. I vow to follow the gospel of her teachings and do my very best in the remarkably less glamorous kitchen of my own home... without the luxury of magically appearing prep bowls filled by a staff of sous chefs.”- JesseTyler Ferguson
- “You've made such a huge difference in my life. I am so glad to have had you as a teacher this year.”- Unknown
- “Every day, we count our blessings that we have you as part of our work family. We want to thank you not only for being an amazing human being on the job but also off the job. We wish you a happy Thanksgiving that is filled with love, hope, and blessings!”- SerenaWalderof
- “It’s not wrong to say that we struck the lottery when we hired such an amazing bunch of people to work with us. You all are a big reason why we could do what we do and achieve the milestones shining on our mantel. This Thanksgiving, we wish you nothing but the best. May it be filled with love, gratitude, and happiness.”- Unknown
- “It's that time of year again when we reflect on the blessings that have been bestowed upon us. Our employees and the support they provided us during all of our highs and lows are unquestionably at the top of our gratitude list. We are immensely thankful to you. Happy Thanksgiving!”-Anonymous
- “There is a special place reserved for people like you! You are a lifesaver. I am so grateful for all that you’ve done for me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with the people you love most and that you are showered with the gratitude you deserve.”- NathanialGilbert
- “Thank you for all that you do to help us in providing solutions to our clients/customers, opportunities for our employees, and support for our community. Happy Thanksgiving.”- Unknown
- “I am grateful to have my life back and for the friends and family who never gave up on me, for a God who was there when I was ready to find him. I am grateful for so much, that every day, one day at a time, is Thanksgiving.”-AndrewZimmern
- “After a good dinner, one can forgive anybody, even one's own relations.”- OscarWilde
6th Type: Quotes About Co-Workers
This holiday is also an opportunity to express gratitude to our colleagues. It harvests unity among team members and strengthens workplace relationships. Using Thanksgiving quotes for co-workers can uplift their motivation. When they feel appreciated and valued, they get more engaged in work. Thus, choose a perfect Thanksgiving quote given below for reliving a stressful work environment:
- “I dreamed of finding a job that would feel like home. This team offers that and so much more. You're a second family to me.” – Anonymous
- “To be honored by your peers is incredibly gratifying and I am so thankful to my colleagues across the league for this recognition. I'm also grateful to the talented and dedicated coaching staff I work with every day in Toronto. To be recognized with an award that bears Michael H. Goldberg's name is very special.”- DwaneCasey
- “In this time of Thanksgiving, I want to express my appreciation for you. Working for/with you has been an amazing opportunity. I appreciate your high standards, your persistence, your encouragement, and your sense of humor. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!” - Unknown
- “When I accepted this job, I didn't realize I'd also be gaining an incredible work family!”- Anonymous
- “Everyone has different paths. I've been lucky to have a good support system - my family, friends, and colleagues to keep me grounded and humble and to keep working hard. I never give up.”- ZackSteffen
- “Happy Thanksgiving to a teammate who is always doing things to make both me and the rest of the team thankful. You are wonderful, and I hope you have a great holiday with the people in your life who matter most.”- Unknown
- “My peers and colleagues inspire me.”- RobinChase.
- “I am so thankful to have a great work family. With them, the work day feels more like a play date.”- Anonymous
- “I don’t see any of my colleagues as rivals. I don’t think our generation needs to do that. We are a chilled-out lot, and we should all be happy.” – ShahidKapoor
- “I never face Monday morning blues, because of fun colleagues like you. Thank you. I hope you enjoy your time at home with those close to your heart this holiday season.”- Anonymous
- “It is a pleasure to know you and work with you. Happy Thanksgiving!” -Unknown
7th Type: Quotes for Friends
Friends are the real support system when we have nobody around to share joys and sorrows. Thanksgiving quotes can remind them of your love and warmth in this relationship. It’s good to choose a related quote to show you’ve taken time to think about your friend. This way you can offer your support and comfort to them. Strengthen your friendship this Thanksgiving through the given quotes:
- “Thanksgiving, our eminent moral holiday, doesn't have much for children. At its heart are conversation, food, drink, and fellowship - all perks of adulthood.” – RosecransBaldwin
- “What I love about Thanksgiving is that it's purely about getting together with friends or family and enjoying food. It's really for everybody, and it doesn't matter where you're from.”- DanielHumm.
- “Thank you for being a friend.” — AndrewGold.
- “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” – Hubert Humphrey.
- “This Friendsgiving let's enjoy the laughter of friends, mouth-watering aromas, and cheer that we'll remember for years to come.”- Unknown.
- “You changed my life without even trying, and I don’t think I could ever tell you how much you mean to me. I can’t imagine what things would be like if I hadn’t met you.” — SteveMaraboli.
- “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” —Frank A.Clark.
- “I’m just thankful I’m surrounded by good people.” —Jon Pardi.
- “Thanks so much for being there on my side and supporting me all through. Without you my life would have been incomplete.” – Unknown
- “Thank you for accepting me as I am, with my virtues and defects.” – JenniRivera
8th Type: Quotes for Family
Family is often the center of our blessings and gratitude expressions. The holiday season brings extended family members to the meal who we haven’t seen since longer. Sharing Thanksgiving quotes with family can refresh nostalgia. Meaningful quotes remind us of our cherished moments of previous years. Foster a sense of togetherness through the famous quotes written below for family members:
- “I miss both of my parents terribly every day, especially as we approach Thanksgiving. We always came together as a family for that holiday, playing capture the flag and touch football and laughing a lot.” –MarkShriver
- “One of my most memorable Thanksgiving memories was probably the first year that me and my two brothers decided to start our annual eating contest. We ate throughout the whole day. We started that morning and weighed ourselves, and at the very end of the night, we weighed ourselves out. And all three of us equally gained five pounds.”- CharlesKelley
- “I'm blessed to come from a family with five brothers. We're all physical and athletic and like to work out, like to be outside, like to throw the ball around. We spent our entire childhoods on some kind of corner or in a field. We still do a Turkey Bowl every Thanksgiving. It gets competitive, man. Bloody.” – DannyPino
- “When I was about nine years old, I announced to my mother that I was going to cook Thanksgiving dinner. And I went to the library and got this whole pile of books. I'd love to say it all turned out great. It didn't. But sort of, from that point on, whenever there was serious cooking at home, I was the one who did it.” – NathanMyhrvold
- “Thanksgiving was always a favorite holiday for me. The preparation was fun! My grandma and I would walk to the butcher on Jamaica Avenue in Queens, order the bird, and buy all the fixings at the market.” – DebiMazar
- “I am originally from Florida. So, Thanksgiving was always something I really looked forward to, because I got to travel back home every year and see everyone all at once, around one big happy table.” – TroyGentile
- “On the morning of Thanksgiving, I would wake up to the home smelling of all good things, wafting upstairs to my room. I would set the table with the fancy silverware and China and hope that my parents and grandmother wouldn't have the annual Thanksgiving fight about Richard Nixon.”- DebiMazar
- “I love Thanksgiving because it's a holiday that is centered around food and family, two things that are of utmost importance to me.”- MarcusSamuelsson
- “I would love four children because I have a very small family, so I want those big Thanksgiving dinners.”- ChrissyTeigen
- “I loved my mom so much because she had to work on a penny just to put food on the table... During the Depression in the United States, everybody had a tough time. And I was so hurt because she was crying that she didn't have any food for us for Thanksgiving.”- TonnyBennett
9th Type: Quotes for Social Media
Social media platforms bring family, friends, and others together even from far-off locations. Posting Thanksgiving quotes with online communities can brighten someone's day. It will spread happiness, joy, hope, and resilience to a wider audience. Such quotes can comfort those who are facing challenges during the holiday season. Find creative Thanksgiving social media quotes in the given section:
- “I'm thankful to my family, friends, and fans for all of their support.” – SerenaWilliams
- “One of the best parts of Thanksgiving for me is re-watching some of the classic holiday blunders that have been depicted on television. I remember laughing uncontrollably on the set of 'That Girl' back in 1967 when we shot the episode, 'Thanksgiving Comes But Once A Year, Hopefully' during our second season.” – MorloThomas
- “Every Thanksgiving, we all write down three things we're thankful for and put them in a hat. Then we pass the hat around the dinner table and everyone has to guess who wrote what!” – DebbyRyan
- “I started acting in second grade - my first role was in the Thanksgiving play. I was the Indian chasing the turkey. All the other mom's encouraged my mom to get me into acting after that. Also, when I saw 'The Sound of Music' at Music Circus, I knew I wanted to act.”- BrieLarson
- “Thanksgiving is the holiday of peace, the celebration of work and the simple life… a true folk festival that speaks the poetry of the turn of the seasons, the beauty of seedtime and harvest, the ripe product of the year, and the deep, deep connection of all these things with God.” -RayStannard Baker
- “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – MarcelProust
- “To give back during a holiday where it's all about giving and being thankful - I've always been blessed to have a meal on my plate during Thanksgiving - and to spread that feeling to someone else's family, it's special. This is something that is truly important to me.”- TobiasHarris
- “We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.”- Henry Ironside
- “What I love about Thanksgiving is that it’s purely about getting together with friends or family and enjoying food. It’s really for everybody, and it doesn’t matter where you’re from.” – DanielHumm
- “I love Thanksgiving because it's a holiday that is centered around food and family.” – MarcusSamuelsson
10th Type: Humorous Thanksgiving Quotes
Humor serves as a tension reliever to conflicts and creates a relaxed atmosphere. They can help in defusing awkward situations and disagreements during the Thanksgiving holidays. In this regard, humorous Thanksgiving quotes shared a hearty laugh with loved ones. Break the ice and fill the conversation gaps through the given Thanksgiving quotes:
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” -WilliamArthur Ward
- “I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.” –JonStewart.
- “There are three things that people pick up on the instant they walk into your home on Thanksgiving. They will be able to feel the human energy. They'll smell the food. And they will see, instantly, the table.”- DannyMeyer.
- “I always love the soapy conflicts between somebody's family of origin and their new family - 'Do I have Thanksgiving at my husband's parents' house, or at my parents' house?'”- JillSoloway
- “I think most people have that crazy uncle they sit at Thanksgiving dinner with someone they disagree with politically but love them anyway.”-AlanColmes.
- “There's always something to be thankful for. If you can't pay your bills, you can be thankful you're not one of your creditors.”- Charles E. McKenzie.
- “Be thankful we’re not getting all the government we’re paying for.” – WillRogers
- “Gratitude is the wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk.” – Rumi
- “Don’t overload Gratitude; if you do, she’ll kick.” – BenjaminFranklin
- “Even though we can’t have all we want, we ought to be thankful we don’t get what we deserve.” – Unknown
- “God gave us our relatives; thank God we can choose our friends.” – EthelWatts Mumford
Tips: Did you receive a new phone as a gift? Are you search for a tool to manage your phone? Worry not, as Dr.Fone is here to help you manage your phone data. By logging into a new account, you can fully restore access to all your iCloud services and Apple ID features, ensuring a seamless user experience.
In the end, Thanksgiving quotes for parents are fruitful in admitting their role in our lives. They serve as the right words to convey sentiments and evoke deeper feelings. We have limited time to write impactful messages during the busy holiday season. That's where the quotes help to uphold the connection with people in different situations.
This guide has enlisted top-notch Thanksgiving quotes from almost every domain. Such quotes can be useful in workplace settings and family gatherings. You can pick the suitable one to express gratitude and blessings in your way.