Top 5 VPN Watcher Alternatives to Protect from VPN Disconnections
VPN watcher is designed for the purpose of monitoring the activities of the user and simultaneously it activates the VPN too. When the VPN starts its work, the VPN watcher checks the VPN connection for every 100ms or less. In case, the VPN disconnects, the VPN watcher too stops its work hence there is leakage in traffic and your data is vulnerable. Due to these issues with VPN watcher, we need to look out for VPN watcher alternatives to double the system protection.
Though, VPN watcher gives it’s best to protect our traffic leakage, even then, it is important to know about VPN watcher alternatives and VPN monitoring software.
The reason to go for VPN watcher alternatives is since many users have complained that the VPN watcher app is not working in operating systems such as Mac OSX and OpenVPN was also not supported in Mac OSX. Another issue that also has listed out is that it gives support only for half connection for VPN services and requires tough manual setup. So, you definitely need the alternatives right? Yes, we are here to give top 5 VPN watcher private internet access alternatives.
1. VPN lifeguard
The VPN lifeguard is a complimentary open source available without charge. Whenever your VPN disconnects, the VPN lifeguard takes the responsibility to protect your data without knowing the hacker. It is the blockade to the internet connection and for incoming services. This VPN lifeguard activates when your VPN connection is not stable. The main sequence is carried out by driving your VPN to reconnect and if you select any application to drop – the VPN lifeguard will stop the action of a selected application. Once if your VPN connection is stable, it again reloads the selected application.
- • If you have trouble with VPN connection, the VPN lifeguard immediately stops the action of P2P and Firefox for security purpose.
- • Once if your VPN connection is normal, the VPN lifeguard connects the VPN connection immediately.
- • It again reloads the selected application.
- • Your data will not leak at the time of VPN disconnection.
- • The versions and user interface keeps on change depends upon the operating system.
- • It doesn’t support P2P and Firefox when the VPN disconnects.
Price: Free to use
VPNetMon is the second VPN watcher alternative. It has only one tier application and it works for kill switch application. This has the consistency to support three VPN private internet access connections and it doesn’t require any permission to block the website which is not safe to use. It is predetermined to use and very elegant in response. It won’t support some applications while the VPN connection is in drop mode. Because the applications are not safe and not capable to run even if the VPN disconnects.
- • Most of the users prefer VPNetMon because when the VPN disconnects it doesn’t have the choice to disconnect the entire internet device.
- • It helps to kill some applications those can recover the IP address.
- • It uses the protocol such as PPTP or L2PT to auto-dial the VPN connection.
- • It closes the application window when the VPN starts to drop the connection.
- • The consistency of VPNetMon is buggy and tweaks the configuration.
- • It supports only three VPN connections.
Price: Free to use.
The third VPN Watcher alternative is VPNCheck. It segment outs the lightweight portion of the software. It has analysis method to check the VPN private internet access connection. If it identifies the VPN disconnection, then you will be automated with the kill switches. It has the free version and subscription version too. The subscription version is provided with the DNS leakage fix point. You are eligible to log in automatically to OpenVPN and PPTP and L2TP.
- • You have the choices to run the application or close the application when you seek the VPN disconnection.
- • It supports the virtual process for VMware and Virtualbox.
- • It has the nature of security to prevail against Wifi WPA/WPA2.
- • It gives us the option to close the applications which are not safe
- • It creates the computer identification number automatically without permission from the administrator.
- • It gives the fishing technique for Computer ID. In some cases, we would forget to apply the option. It may become a drawback at that moment.
Price: $24.90 per month
TunnelRat is the free VPN monitoring software which sends the alert if the VPN connection is not stable. It has the characteristics to follow the guidelines under the Internet Network category. You can use the TunnelRat in WinXP where other VPN watcher alternative doesn’t work. It reconnects the VPN private internet access once the connection is stable and gives the notification simultaneously.
- • TunnelRat transmits the packet using the VPN tunnel.
- • It is available in English language and the file size ranges from 451.58 KB.
- • It is free to use and no valid time set for TunnelRat.
- • No ads were displayed and enough space occupied in all operating system.
- • It is available only in the English language.
- • It doesn’t give the assurance for antivirus anyway you have to install it on your own.
Price: Free to use.
Sidestep is the fifth VPN Watcher alternative and VPN monitoring software. This is an open-source component for Mac OSX. It does it work silently with the support of the operating system and protects your privacy and security. It also acts as the Internet proxy which encrypts the VPN data automatically. It is the one solution for Firesheep which is the software used by a hacker to hijack your details.
- • Sidestep uses the protocol and proxy server such as SSH and tries to ensure the router for a long time.
- • Using sidestep as the tool, no one can hack your details since it carries out the SSH Tunnel Proxy.
- • You won’t receive any notification since it runs behind the operating system.
- • You can hostname server with the help of sidesteps.
- • It works only on Mac OSX and doesn’t support other operating systems.
Price: Free to use
Friends! We have given the VPN monitoring software and alternatives for VPN Watcher. Using the alternatives, you can get notifications when the VPN disconnects automatically. So, don’t worry about the risk. This article would answer all your usage issues with VPN watcher.