The Easy Way to Remove an Apple ID from Your MacBook
Apple has a great ecosystem of devices and services that can be controlled using a single key, your Apple ID. It can be used to login into every Apple service, from Apple Music to FaceTime. However, there are many reasons which can force you to remove your Apple ID from devices like MacBook, iPhone, etc. That makes it important for you to learn how to remove Apple ID from your MacBook safely.
Suppose you need to remove your Apple ID from your Mac but don't know to do this, then this article is for you. You will also learn to remove Apple ID from iOS devices without a password.
Part 1: Why Delete Apple ID and iCloud Account?
There are as many reasons to leave the Apple ecosystem as why you should join it. Apple devices are known for security, but it also means that you have less control over their settings. It is also a closed ecosystem that forces you to limit yourself to a specific set of apps and services. Some of the reasons why people might want to remove their Apple ID from their MacBook are the following:
- Switching Platforms: If you intend to leave Apple devices and move to another platform like Android, it makes sense to delete the Apple ID. Deleting the ID will make it safer for you to sell your old Apple device to others.
- Privacy Concerns: While Apple is comparatively secure, your data is still stored on Apple servers. It means the company can still access your data. It will require deleting your Apple ID if you want to delete all personal data from Apple servers.
- Changing Account: Getting a new Apple ID means you need to delete your old Apple ID. It will save you the trouble of managing two different IDs with multiple accounts associated with each one.
- Shared Apple ID: It is possible that you were sharing your account with your partner or another family member and now want to get your own account. Removing the old account completely and using a new one can be the safest way.
Part 2: If I Delete Apple ID, Will I Lose Everything?
Deleting your Apple ID is not insignificant because it is your key to the Apple ecosystem, as mentioned above. Though it won't affect your data storage in local device. However, you will no longer be able to access your data store across multiple Apple services like iCloud, Apple Music, FaceTime, iMessage, or other services that require an Apple ID can no longer be used.
You won't be able to purchase or access purchased items from the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services. Remember, deleting your Apple ID is a permanent action and cannot be undone.
Part 3: How to Remove Apple ID/iCloud Account from Mac with Password?
The process of removing Apple ID from a Mac is easy and quick. Before removing the Apple ID, you need to remember that all the services that require Apple ID will no longer work. To remove the Apple ID from your MacBook, follow these steps:
Step 1: Open your Mac and access the "System Settings" from the "Apple Logo" icon. Here, click on your Apple ID name from the top of the left sidebar. Scroll to the bottom of the Apple ID tab to locate the "Sign Out" button.
Step 2: Press the "Sign Out" button to remove your Apple ID from the Mac. A prompt will appear asking if you want to keep a copy of your passwords and contacts on your laptop. Select them according to your needs.
Step 3: On the next window, it will ask you to provide your Apple ID password. Provide the password to complete the process of removing your Apple ID from your Mac.
Bonus Tip: How to Remove Apple ID from iPhone/iPad Without Knowing the Password?
Forgetting your Apple ID credentials is also a common reason for wanting to remove your Apple ID from your iPhone. Another such case is buying a second-hand iPhone with a logged-in Apple ID without knowing the password. You need a specialized tool like Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) to remove Apple ID in these cases.
With Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS), you can remove the Apple ID from your iPhone or iPad and regain access to the device. This software can also remove the iCloud activation lock on an iOS device if you don't know the login credentials of the previous owner. It is the best tool if your iPhone has become locked or disabled due to a forgotten passcode or other issues.
Key Features of Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS)
- Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) can remove passcodes, pattern locks, fingerprint locks, and other types of locks from iOS devices.
- With the help of this tool, you can remove the encryption of your iTunes backup. It will also help you restore your iTunes backup to your new iPhone even if you changed your Apple ID.
- If you have forgotten the username or password of your iPhone MDM, this tool allows you to bypass or remove MDM to access the device.
- It can also unlock SM Lock or Carrier Lock on your iPhone. That allows you to use your iPhone freely if you want to travel internationally.
Steps to use Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) for Removing Apple ID
Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) has a straightforward interface and provides clear instructions for removing Apple ID from your iPhone. Your iPhone will be reset during the process, and you will lose the data. It is advised you create a backup before starting the procedure. To start the process of removing Apple ID from your iPhone, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Establish the Connection between iPhone and the Device
Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer and launch Dr.Fone. Next, proceed with the "Screen Unlock" tool from the main interface and "Remove Apple ID" on the next screen. Now move to the iPhone, unlock it, and select "Trust" in the "Trust this Computer" pop-up.
Step 2: Put Your iPhone into the Recovery Mode
You are required to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode before you can remove the Apple ID. Follow the on-screen instructions to the letter to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode. Once the iPhone has entered the recovery mode, it will reset and restart. After restarting, the process of removal of the Apple ID will begin.
Step 3: Remove Your Apple ID from the iPhone
Wait for the program to complete the process of removing your Apple ID from your phone. Once it is completed, check if the old Apple ID is removed, and you can enter your new Apple ID. Otherwise, you can select "Try Again" to restart the process.
The answer to how to remove Apple ID from MacBook is a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few steps. By following the instructions outlined in this article, you can easily sign out of your account and remove it from your Mac.
Removing the Apple ID with forgotten credentials is complex, but Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) has also made it easier. It is an excellent and must-have toolbox to deal with all password-related iPhone problems.
- Fix iPhone's Apple ID Issue