Detailed Guide on Removing iPad Activation Lock without Previous Owner?
Today, many individuals will purchase a utilized iPad or a recycled iOS phone instead of a fresh, box new one. However, they are often disturbed by the Activation Lock screen showing up on the screen once they buy them. This case will probably happen because the iPad is associated with the past user's iCloud account and will be an iPad locked to the owner.
It becomes a difficult issue as removing a connected iCloud account without the past user is almost difficult. However, sit back and relax. We've discovered a few potential ways. This guide will show you the iPad locked to owner bypass. Furthermore, you can use our expert tool, i.e., Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock, to bypass the lock.
After reading this guide, you will understand how to erase the Activation Lock without a past user. How about we get everything started?
Part 1: 4 Ways to Remove iPad Activation Lock without Previous Owner
Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock
Rather than making our readers wait about how to remove Activation Lock without Apple ID or past user, we suggest you with Wondershare Dr.Fone-Screen Unlock.
It is an expert iCloud activation lock bypass program that can remove the activation lock on your iPad. It is the best possible solution when you fail to remember your Mac ID or password. Download the application on your Windows or Macintosh and follow the steps to remove the activation lock without a previous user.
Steps to Follow:
Step 1. Install and launch the Dr.Fone program and choose the Screen Unlock tool.
Step 2. Pick the "Bypass Activate Lock" option.
Step 3. Start the process
Now you can start to bypass the lock
Step 4. 2 Different device types
With 2 different device types, GSM and CDMA, you'll have 2 different outcomes. GSM has all functions, but CDMA doesn't include phone calls and cellular data use.
Step 5. Jailbreak your iPhone.
Follow the "Jailbreak Guide" to jailbreak your iPhone on your system.
Step 6. Begin to Remove the iCloud Activation Lock.
Begin to remove and wait briefly. The phone will be in a typical state with practically no lock after removing the activation lock.
Step 7. Removed Effectively.
The program will remove the activation lock like a flash. Your iPad will begin with no activation lock. You can access and utilize the iPad now. However, you must know that you can't call or use cellular data and iCloud of your new Apple ID after bypassing the lock.
Remove it from iCloud.
If you cannot reach the past user but rather you are still in contact with them, they can unlock your iPad. Here are the step-by-step guidelines on eliminating the iPad activation lock through the iCloud web:
- Open the iCloud site in a browser.
- Sign in to the current iCloud account being used with the locked iPhone.
- When you sign in, click on the choice that says Find iPhone.
- Presently you can remotely perform activities on your phone.
- Click on the drop-down named All Gadgets and pick your iPad.
- Click on Erase iPhone.
Use DNS bypass
Bypassing DNS Server is one more way for you if you're searching for simple methods for eliminating Activation Lock without the past user. Note that this DNS strategy can bypass the iCloud lock for a brief time. Here's how:
Step 1. Open your iPad and explore the "Choose a WiFi Network" page.
Step 2. Presently press the Home button and select WiFi settings. Presently tap the "I" symbol right behind your WiFi network. It will show the properties of the WiFi.
Step 3. Select "Configure DNS" and set it as indicated by your region:
South America: 220.127.116.11
Australia and Oceania: 18.104.22.168
Other Continents: 22.214.171.124
Step 4. From that point forward, return to the WiFi page.
Step 5. Presently, click over and again on "Next" and "Back" and hold on until the iPad connects with your area's iCloud DNS bypass server.
Local Apple Support
Following the techniques above, you can try reaching Apple's local service when you can't remove the Activation Lock. However, you need to provide the following things:
- iPad serial number
- Buying receipt
When they confirm you own the iOS iPad legitimately, they will help you further by unlocking your iPad.
Part 2: How to Reset iPad without Passcode
1. Reset iPad by Computer
- Connect your iPad to a computer. Press and hold the Power button + Home button (if your iPad has a Home button). Otherwise, press and hold the Power button + either Volume button (if your iPad doesn't have a Home button) until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
- On your Macintosh, find the connected iPad.
- Tap Restore and trust that the process will end.
- Set up your iPad and restore the factory default settings without a password.
2. Reset it by Find My
- Go to iCloud.com, and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on the Find [device] symbol in the menu.
- Select your iPad from the list of all the connected devices.
- Select Erase iPad.
- Follow the prompts for iPad locked to owner reset.
3. Reset with iTunes
- Open the iTunes application or website.
- Connect your iPad to your PC with a connector. Enter your password whenever required.
- Click on the iPad symbol in the upper-left corner.
- Select Summary in the left section.
- Click Restore iPad and then click the Restore button to confirm and reset the iPad locked to the owner.
The Bottom Line
This iPad locked to owner bypass guide explains how to remove the activation lock. We have mentioned a list of helpful methods to remove the lock from your device. However, if you are still looking for a quick and efficient answer, we suggest you install Dr.Fone. Dr.Fone is a safe and effective tool for all your unlocking needs.
Unlock Apple ID
- iPhone Apple ID
- iPad/Apple Watch Apple ID