How to Reset iPhone Without Apple ID
With the great proliferation of passwords and IDs on the internet, one can be forgiven for sometimes forgetting crucial IDs and passwords. It's not a big deal if you forget a password or ID for some inactive account somewhere. But things can get pretty awful pretty fast if you forget the Apple ID or password. This is because Apple uses a common ID and password across all its devices, iPhone, iPad, etc. As such, if you get locked out of one of your accounts, you get locked out of all.
So for various reasons, you might be looking for a means to reset Apple password, or maybe you want to reset iPhone without Apple ID. Maybe you've lost both and you want to reset Apple password and Apple ID. Whatever you need, I can guarantee you that you'll be able to reset Apple ID and perform an Apple password reset without a problem after reading this article.
- Forgot Apple ID password? How to perform an Apple password reset
- Forgot Apple ID? How to perform an Apple ID reset
- Reset Apple ID with iTunes
To reset Apple ID, you first need to know what is Apple ID, to begin with. So let me start by answering that question for the sake of those who may be new to the world of Apple. If you already know what it is, you can feel free to skip this part.
Apple ID is an all-in-one account that is used to log into all the different accounts provided by Apple, such as iTunes, iCloud, Apple Store, etc, across all the different Apple platforms, be it iPad, iPod, iPhone, or a Mac. The Apple ID is determined using the customer's email address from any email provider.
Another smart solution to reset Apple ID without its password, email, or any other detail is Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS). It provides an extremely fast and hassle-free solution to unlock Apple ID on any iOS device. Although, it would also reset your phone and wipe the stored data on it. It's compatible with the latest iOS. In the end, you can use your phone like brand new without any lock screen or Apple ID constraint. Here’s how you can unlock Apple ID using Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) on your device.
Unlock Disabled iPhone In 5 Minutes.
- Easy operations to unlock iPhone without the passcode.
- Removes the iPhone lock screen without relying on iTunes.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Compatible with iOS 9.0 and the upper iOS versions.
Step 1: Connect your device
To start with, connect your iOS device to the system using a working cable and launch the application on it. From the welcome screen of Dr.Fone, enter the Screen Unlock section.
Furthermore, as you would be provided options to unlock either Android or iOS devices, simply select “Unlock Apple ID”.
Step 2: Trust the computer
Once your device is connected, you will get the “Trust This Computer” screen on it. Just tap on the “Trust” button to let the application scan the device.
Step 3: Reset your phone
To unlock Apple ID, the existing data on your device would be wiped off. Enter "000000" and click on the “Unlock” button.
Furthermore, you need to reset all the saved settings on your device. Just unlock your phone and go to its Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Confirm your choice by entering the passcode of your device again.
Step 4: Unlock Apple ID
Once the device resets, the application will automatically take the needed steps to unlock Apple ID. Wait for a while and let the tool complete the process.
In the end, you will be notified when the Apple ID would be unlocked. You can now safely remove the device and use it without any hassle.
If you don't remember the Apple ID password, you first need to reset the Apple ID password. This can be done in several different ways. Below you'll find listed the methods to perform an Apple password reset if you have your Apple ID and use security questions.
How to reset Apple ID Password using iOS device:
- Go to settings and then enter “iCloud” in your iOS device.
- Tap on the email address which is present on top of the iCloud screen.
- Click on the option for “Forgot Apple ID or Password?”.
- Now Enter your Apple ID.
- Answer a few security questions, after which you'll be able to reset Apple ID Password.
- Enter a new password and then confirm it.
How to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID from the Web:
- Go to the Apple ID site.
- Under the “Manage your Apple account” option, you'll find another option for “Forgot Apple ID or password?” Click on that.
- Enter your Apple ID, and then answer the security questions.
- You'll now be able to carry out the Apple password reset.
Must Read: How to Reset iPhone without Password>>
In the previous method, I showed you what you can do if you forget Apple ID password but remember the Apple ID. Now I'll show you what you can do if you've forgotten the Apple ID itself. How to perform an Apple ID reset by Email:
- Go to the Apple ID site.
- On your web browser go to the Find Apple ID page.
- Now you can enter your first and last name, the ones associated with your Apple account.
- Enter either your current Email address, if you remember which one it is. Or you can even use all Email addresses that you've ever used with your Apple account.
- Now you'll have to click on “recover by Email.” You can also choose to “answer security questions” if you remember them.
- You'll receive e-mail in your recovery Email and you'll receive your Apple ID! After you reset Apple ID and Apple ID password, I suggest that you set up a “two-step verification” or “two-factor authentication” process for your Apple account. They are far more reliable and even if you forget your Apple ID or password, you can still get through!
I know, they sound quite intimidating, but they're quite straightforward. So if you want to find out more about them, you can read this simple guide on how to reset Apple ID and Password.
If you want to reset your iPhone without having to enter your Apple ID when your 'Find My iPhone' feature is also turned off, you can do so by entering the Recovery mode. This mode allows you to completely reset your iOS device without entering the Apple ID.
- First off, you should know that the Recovery mode would wipe away all your data and reset the iPhone, so you should back up your iPhone.
- Once you have entered Recovery Mode, iTunes will send you a pop-up message notifying you that you're in Recovery Mode.
- On iTunes, go to the 'Summary' panel, and then click on 'Restore iPhone...'
- When you receive the next pop-up message, simply click on 'Restore'.
- Now follow through with the steps to reset the iPhone without Apple ID.
After you complete the previously mentioned steps to restore your Apple account, one of several things might happen. Everything might just turn out perfectly and you suffer no data loss or anything, in which case you don't need to read anymore.
However, it might also happen that your entire iOS device might be reset to factory settings, or you might lose all your data. In this case, your first instinct would be to restore your iTunes or iCloud backup. However, doing this has several disadvantages. The backup file overrides your current iOS device, which means that you might recover your old lost data, but you might lose your new ones. You also can't choose what data you want to restore, so you'll get a lot of stuff that you want to get rid of as well.
We suggest that you use an extractor instead, as it can help you view and selectively restore data from iTunes and iCloud backup. There are a lot of iTunes backup extractors and iCloud backup extractors in the market, however, my recommendation is that you use Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS).
World's 1st iPhone and iPad data recovery software.
- Simple process, hassle-free.
- Recover data from iPhone, iTunes backup, and iCloud backup.
- Preview and selectively restore to your iPhone.
- Retrieve messages, notes, call logs, contacts, photos, videos, Facebook messages, WhatsApp messages, and more.
- Supports all iPhone models, as well as the latest iOS version.
Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) is very easy to use and convenient tool that can help you selectively view and restore data from iTunes or iCloud backup files. It is also extremely reliable because it's the subset of Wondershare, which is an internationally acclaimed company. If you want a detailed guide on how to restore from iTunes and iCloud backup files, you can read the following articles:
Having read this article, I hope you have a better grip on how to reset Apple ID, or how to perform an Apple Password reset, regardless of whether you have your ID or password, or not. However, do remember to always keep a backup, and if you find that you've suffered some data loss, then use Dr.Fone to selectively restore from iTunes and iCloud backup files.
Do let us know down in the comments whether this article helped you. And if you have any other questions, we'd love to answer them!
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Fix iPhone's Apple ID Issue