How to Fix iTunes Is Currently Downloading Software for the iPhone Error?
If you’re a long-term iPhone user, then you might know the issues in “iTunes is currently Downloading Software for the iPhone.” This error is a pretty one and occurs instantly. It is very familiar to most of the iPhone users of all iOS versions. Therefore, we, as a team, bring forth to you today the adequate and right solutions to fix the iTunes downloading a software update for this iPhone stuck issue. So, don’t worry, as our solutions listed below will definitely make you get rid of this issue in an instance.
Let's not wait for any further and proceed to know more about this repeated iTunes is currently Downloading software for the iPhone error and its solutions in the subsequent sections.
Part 1: How long does it take for iTunes to download software for the iPhone?
Notwithstanding their versions, actually, every device working on the iOS-like iPhone or iPad or iPod was designed on the assumption that the newer version of the software will have better workable features compared to the previous one. These updates basically aimed to confront the security issues with any previously existing versions. They typically contain certain enhancements and fixing of the bugs.
There is no specific time limit, which can reflect as to how much time does it take to download a software on an iPhone. Even though below is mentioned the estimated time limit in the screenshot.
So, when exactly does the error pop up? “iTunes is currently Downloading Software for the iPhone” generally pops up when you use to update the software or reinstating your iPhone. As such, there is no particular time for such error iTunes is downloading a software update for this iPhone stuck. This type of error may cause many issues that confine you to downloading other software or may disturb the normal working of the device.
Some of the solutions to resolve the issue is mentioned below, just go through it and follow the instructions.
Part 2: Reset the Network Settings
The primary rudimentary necessities for a software update to iOS is a steady network connection. If your network use to fluctuate, you must not try to update anything on your iPhone. If you are using an inconsistent Wi-Fi connection for updating your iPhone, then there might be the chances that the device will get stuck by pop-up telling you that “iTunes is currently Downloading Software for the iPhone.”
iTunes is Currently Downloading Software for the iPhone - Solution
The solution is very simple; just try working on a steady connection of network or restart the source of internet connection and update it again for iTunes is currently Downloading software for the iPhone.
Part 3: Restore from old iTunes backup
Here is the step by step process for the iTunes is downloading a software update for this iPhone stuck.
1. Launch iTunes software on your PC.
2. Connect your device to the PC using a USB Cable. You can choose that from the toolbar. If you are using the older version, you can choose that from the sidebar.
3. Don’t forget to click on the backup to make sure that your data is saved once it is restored.
4. You can select ‘Setup as a new iPhone’ or ‘Restore from this backup’ and then click on continue.
There you go, your job is done!
Part 4: Restore iPhone in recovery mode
Over here, there are a few steps that you need to follow for resolving the iTunes is downloading a software update for this iPhone stuck issue
1. The first step is to connect your device to a computer, keeping your iTunes open. Here, you will see a pop-up message appear saying that the iPhone is in “recovery mode” and needs restoration ( see pic. below).
2. Now, select the device appearing on the toolbar then Summary tab to click on the “restore” option.
3. Lastly, follow the instructions on iTunes to back up the iPhone settings. Now you can restore your device settings to the initial ones and retune it!
Apart from the aforesaid methods, there is one awesome way to get rid of the error, and that is with Dr.Fone for iTunes is downloading a software update for this iPhone stuck.
Part 5: Fix any iPhone issues with Dr.Fone - System Repair
Let’s go through the step by step process of fixing the iTunes is currently downloading software issues with our very own Dr.Fone - System Repair! It can help you fix most of the iOS-related issues without any data loss. No technical skills required.
Dr.Fone - System Repair
Fix iPhone system error without data loss.
- Only fix your iOS to normal, no data loss at all.
- Fix various iOS system issues stuck in recovery mode, white Apple logo, black screen, looping on start, etc.
- Fixes other iPhone error and iTunes errors, such as iTunes error 4013, error 14, iTunes error 27,iTunes error 9, and more.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 13.
Step 1. Connect iOS Device with Computer
Here, you need to use your iPhone’s, preferably original USB cable to connect your iOS device like iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC. The second step is to launch Dr.Fone on your computer and choose "System Repair."
It will show you the window as follows once the "System Repair" is launched. Select "Standard Mode" to retain data.
Tip to Note: To avoid the automatic sync, don't launch iTunes when running Dr.Fone. Open iTunes > choose Preferences > Click Devices, check “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.” Done!
Step 2. DFU mode booting device
Here, you need to choose the "power off," which has the function of a programming device to volume down and power for more than 10 seconds. This process of holding a button will take at least four minutes, conditional on the amount of data on your device.
During this process, if you see the data you're looking for, then you can release on the "Power" button and then volume down till you get DFU mode.
Step 3. Download and choose the firmware
Once the download is completed, you can see a firmware result on your PC, which is generated by the program. Both the download and the firmware will be displayed on your device, in categories. By selecting the data, you can restore and check the data when you have the issue, “iTunes is downloading a software update for this iPhone stuck.”
You will notice that there is a “Download in process” box at the center of your PC. You can also search for a specific file by typing a keyword in that box.
Now download the data on your computer or on your device by clicking on the start button.
Step 4. Now see your iPhone in normal view:
Once the download is complete, you can start the process to fix the error. Click on “Fix now,” and you will get the iPhone back to normal again. Thus, the following guide will resolve the issue of iTunes is currently downloading software for the iPhone error.
So now, you can fix iTunes is downloading a software update for this iPhone stuck by yourself. We have given a detailed explanation of all the methods to rectify your iPhone error using iTunes and also by the system recovery process of Dr.Fone - System Repair toolkit. So, go and get engaged with your activities on your iPhone!
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iPhone Stuck
- 1. iPhone Stuck on Connect to iTunes
- 2. iPhone Stuck in Headphone Mode
- 3. iPhone Stuck On Verifying Update
- 4. iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- 5. iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
- 6. Get iPhone Out of Recovery Mode
- 7. iPhone Apps Stuck on Waiting
- 8. iPhone Stuck in Restore Mode
- 9. iPhone Stuck in DFU Mode
- 10. iPhone Stuck on Loading Screen
- 11. iPhone Power Button Stuck
- 12. iPhone Volume Button Stuck
- 13. iPhone Stuck On Charging Mode
- 14. iPhone Stuck on Searching
- 15. iPhone Screen Has Blue Lines
- 16. iTunes Is Currently Downloading Software for iPhone
- 17. Checking for Update Stuck
- 18. Apple Watch Stuck on Apple Logo