Ways to Restore from iCloud Backup Without Reset
Backing up all of the content on iOS devices is made very easy by iCloud. But restoring the iPhone from iCloud backup is not as easy as it should be with iCloud. It depends on whether we want to restore the backup to a new device or restore some of the content on an iPhone in use.
In this article, we will discuss how we can restore an iPhone from iCloud during the setup process and how to restore the iCloud backup without having to reset the device. We will also look at several issues you may face while restoring the iCloud backup and how you can solve them.
Part 1. What is the official method to restore iPhone from iCloud backup?
We want to restore the iCloud backup to a new iPhone or an iPhone in use, we need to make sure we have an iCloud backup file to restore. To backup iPhone to iCloud, go to iPhone Settings > Your Name > iCloud > tap on Backup Now. If you are using iOS 14 or earlier, go to Settings > Scroll down and tap on iCloud > Turn on iCloud Back and then tap on Backup Now.
Now that we are sure we have the proper iCloud backup, let's see how to restore iPhone from iCloud.
1. How to restore a new iPhone from iCloud backup?
- Step 1: Turn on your new iPhone and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Step 2: On the "App & Data" screen, tap on "Restore from iCloud Backup."
- Step 3: Sign in your Apple ID and select the backup file you want to restore.
2. How to restore an iPhone in use from iCloud backup?
Please remember that restoring from iCloud backup can only be completed through the iOS Setup Assistant, which means it's only available during the iPhone setup process. So if you want to restore some content from iCloud backup, you need to erase your iPhone to set it up again. Follow the steps below to restore the iPhone from iCloud backup.
- Step 1: Tap on Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Step 2: hen the iPhone powers on again, follow the on-screen instruction to set up the device.
- Step 3: When you get to the "App & Data" screen, choose “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
- Step 4: Proceed to sign in with your Apple ID and password, and the new iPhone will begin restoring all the data, including apps, music, contacts, and more.
Part 2. How to restore from iCloud backup without resetting?
What if you want to restore data from your iCloud account without resetting the device? This situation can arise if you have lost just a section of your data, like a few contacts, and you would rather not erase everything from your device to get back a few lost contacts.
With Wondershare Dr.Fone, you can quickly get back either all or a section of your data such as just your contacts. In addition, the program allows users to easily restore some selected data from iCloud and iTunes backup files.
The ultimate way to selectively restore the iCloud backup to iPhone
- Retrieve data directly from iTunes backup and iCloud backup.
- Support all iPhone models and the latest iOS 16 fully!
- Preview, select, and restore data in original quality.
- Read-only and risk-free.
- Step 1: Run Wondershare Dr.Fone on your computer and then select "iCloud Manage".
- Step 2: You will then be required to sign in to your iCloud account. After the signing, the verification code needs to be entered if you have turned on the two-factor authentication.
- Step 3: All your iCloud backup files associated with this account can be displayed now. Choose the files you want to restore and click "Restore to Device" to proceed toward the restoration.
- Step 4: Once the transfer is complete, Click Done to finish and access restored data on your iDevice.
Part 3. Restore from iCloud backup not working? Here's what to do
Restoring from an iCloud Backup usually works without too many problems, but occasionally, something can go wrong and your backup can fail to restore fully. The following are some of the most common issues and how to fix iPhone won't restore error.
You get the error message, “There was a problem loading your iCloud backups. Try again, set up as a new iPhone or restore from iTunes backup.”
If you see this message, it generally means a problem with the iCloud servers. To mitigate this problem, you should check the iCloud system status.
Go to the webpage at http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ and if the status is green, the servers are running just fine and the problem could be your own device’s connectivity. Just wait a few hours and then try again.
"Photos and Videos fail to restore" Error: This can happen if the camera roll is somehow excluded from the backup section. You can check whether the iCloud backup has camera roll enabled. Here’s how;
- Step 1: Open settings > iCloud and then Tap on Storage & Backup > Manage Storage.
- Step 2: Select the device name, which is also the device backed up, and make sure that the Camera Roll is turned on. This will ensure that even the photos and videos are backed up. Wait a few hours and try again.
We hope you can restore your iCloud backup, although if you are experiencing problems with your backup, Wondershare Dr.Fone would be the ideal choice as it doesn't rely on iCloud servers.
ConclusionIn conclusion, restoring from an iCloud backup without resetting your device is a convenient and efficient method of recovering lost or accidentally deleted data. There are several ways to achieve this, including using third-party tools or directly accessing specific files from your iCloud account. We highly recommend Wondershare Dr.Fone, a reliable and user-friendly software that streamlines the restoration process. Dr.Fone enables you to selectively restore desired data without affecting existing files on your iDevice. With its easy-to-navigate interface and efficient functionality, Dr.Fone is an essential tool for anyone looking to safely and securely restore their data from an iCloud backup without resorting to a complete reset.
- Backup Contacts to iCloud
- Backup Contacts to iCloud
- iCloud Backup Messages
- iPhone Won't Backup to iCloud
- iCloud WhatsApp Backup
- Backup Contacts to iCloud
- Extract iCloud Backup
- Access iCloud Backup Content
- Access iCloud Photos
- Download iCloud Backup
- Retrieve Photos from iCloud
- Retrieve Data from iCloud
- Free iCloud Backup Extractor
- Restore from iCloud
- iCloud Backup Issues