Ultimate Guide To Restore WhatsApp Backup From Google Drive
With end-to-end encryption, WhatsApp is a secure messenger application that is favored by people in countries where security is the primary concern. It has a ton of unique features, gets regular updates, and competes positively with basically every other chat app. With the majority of people using WhatsApp, many of them have their WhatsApp data backed up on Google Drive backup. There comes a situation when you find yourself in a need for restoring WhatsApp backup from Google Drive. If you are unaware of how to do this, keep on reading this article to know how to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive easily and quickly.
Part 1: Detailed guide to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive
Recover WhatsApp data saved in Google Drive to your computer.
- Recover Android data by scanning your Android phone & tablet directly.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want from your Android phone & tablet.
- Supports various file types, including WhatsApp, Messages & Contacts & Photos & Videos & Audio & Document.
- Supports 6000+ Android Device Models & Various Android OS.
Restoring WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to Android is a bit different from restoring to iPhone. No worries!! Below is a guide for both users.
Restoring WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to Android
Restoring WhatsApp from Google Drive to Android has never been a big task. But before starting with the step by step guide, it is vital to note that the same Google account and phone number that created the target backup must be used at the time of restoring the backup on an Android phone.
Have a look at the following steps that will guide you through how do I restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to an Android device.
Step 1: Uninstall WhatsApp on your Android phone and then reinstall it again.
Step 2: Follow the installation process displayed on the screen and then verify that the WhatsApp number you have entered is correct and appropriate.
Step 3: The program will now prompt you to restore your WhatsApp chats, data, and media files from Google Drive. Now, click on the "Restore" button to activate the WhatsApp restoration process on your Android Phone.
Step 4: As soon as the Google Drive backup restoration process is completed, click on "Next," and the backed-up chats and data files will be displayed after the installation process is over.
Note: If, in any case, you have not created a Google Drive backup, WhatsApp will restore WhatsApp chats and media files from your local backup file by default.
Restoring WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone
Well, there is no direct way to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone because Google Drive is not compatible with iOS devices. But this does not entirely means impossible. Below is the step-by-step guide on how to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive on iPhone
Firstly, you need to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to your Android device. For this, you just need to follow the two steps:
Step 1: Uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall it on your Android device, and set up your WhatsApp as you did previously.
Step 2: When you will enter the "Restore backup" page, tap the "Restore" button.
Now, it's time for you to export the backup from Android to iPhone.
Export backup From Android To iPhone
For this, you need to follow three steps:
Step 1: Open your WhatsApp and go to “Settings”>” Chats”>” Chat History”>” Export Chat”.
Step 2: Select the group chat or individual chat that you want to export. A question window will pop up on your screen to ask you to select "Attach Media" or "Without Media." Depending upon your needs, choose any one option.
Step 3: You can now choose the email app and send the WhatsApp chats to others or yourself.
That’s all! You are all done with exporting backup from Android to iPhone.
Part 2: Can't create or restore a Google Drive backup?
Are you facing any trouble in creating or restoring a Google Drive backup? If yes, then we will help you to fix this issue. There are various people who generally do not experience any kind of challenges while restoring their Google Drive backup. But if you are not the one, then you need not worry because the process of how to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive is a straightforward and quick process that does not require any tech skills.
Issues with Backup Process
There are multiple things that lead to such situations and involve the following:
- You are using a different email account than the one which you have used for Google Drive backup
- You are using a different number than the one which you have used for creating the backup
- A malware or virus has attacked your WhatsApp chat history or SD Card
- There might be chances that no backup files are available on the targeted Google Drive account or local smartphone.
If you are facing an issue because of failing to create a Google Drive backup, the following solutions can help you with it.
- Check your phone has an active Google account; if not, then simply create a new one on the same device.
- Check that Google Play services are already installed on your smartphone.
- If you are attempting to create a backup via cellular network data, ensure that you have enough data to support both Google plat services and WhatsApp.
- Try a different network to attempt the backup. Switch to Wi-Fi if you are using a cellular network and vice versa.
Issues with Restoring Process
Just like the backup process of how to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive can occur due to unique problems. So, if your smartphone is unable to restore Google Drive backup, the following solutions can help you:
- Check whether your phone has enough memory to restore the backup itself
- Check that the phone number you are trying to restore Google Drive backup with is the same that you used to create the backup
- Ensure you have Google Play Services installed on your smartphone
- Make sure your battery has enough charging to support the entire restoration process. Your device should be fully charged or plugged into the power source
- Make sure you have uninterrupted and stable internet connectivity. If one of the networks fails to work, switch to another source of internet, say Wi-Fi
So, these might be the options that you can look for if you are unable to restore or create a Google Drive backup. Now let's look at one of the better and most unique ways to restore WhatsApp data to another android phone!
Part 3: Better way to restore WhatsApp data to Another Android phone?
One of the most trusted and better ways to restore WhatsApp data to another Android phone is to use a third-party platform named Dr. Fone- WhatsApp transfer. It is a robust platform that will allow you to transfer WhatsApp data from phone to another seamlessly without any issue. This is the most widely used program that supports multiple devices, including iPhone, Android, etc.
With Dr.Fone- WhatsApp transfer, you can easily banish all the hurdles and limitations in order to achieve a seamless experience for WhatsApp transfer, backup, and restore. Whether you want to back up the data or restore it, Dr.Fone will help you with everything! It is a great platform that allows you to transfer all data types, including images, photos, videos, applications, etc.
Have a look at the step by step guide that will help you in learning how to transfer WhatsApp chats to another Android device:
Step 1: To start with it, open the software, choose “WhatsApp Transfer”> "Transfer WhatsApp Messages" and connect the source device (i.e., Android) and the destination device (i.e. another Android or iPhone) to your PC.
Step 2: Ensure that the positions of the source device and destination device are correct. If not, click on the "Flip" icon for swapping the position of the devices. Finally, click on "Transfer."
Step 3: Make sure that the cables are appropriately connected while WhatsApp transfers. In a fraction of minutes, a WhatsApp transfer will be completed and perform some necessary steps as shown in the figure to complete the process.
And that's it!
The Bottom Line
This guide will surely prove to a fortune for all the readers who were looking for the best method of restoring WhatsApp backup from Google Drive. The step by step guide mentioned above will help you get a clear picture of how to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to Android/iPhone. Undoubtedly, Dr. Fone -WhatsApp Transfer has everything that it takes to beat other options on the list. Give a try yourself!
- iPhone Data Backup
- 1. Back up iPhone in Recovery Mode
- 2. Back Up iPhone With/Without iTunes
- 3. Back up iPhone to Mac
- 4. Back up iPhone/iPad to Computer
- 5. Back up iPhone to Mac Catalina
- 6. Back up Jailbreak Apps And Restore
- 7. iPhone Backup Software
- 8. Back up iPhone/iPad Easily
- 9. Back up iPhone/iPad in DFU Mode
- 10. Back up iPhone Apps and App Data
- 11. Back up Notes on iPhone and iPad
- 12. Back up iOS to External Hard Drive
- 13. Export Notes from iPhone to PC/Mac
- 14.Back up iPhone Photos to Google Photos
- 15. Back Up Your iPhone Voicemails
- 16. Back Up to External Drive
- 17.How to Back Up to NAS
- 18.Back Up iPhone With Broken Screen
- 19.Back Up iPhone to Google Drive
- iPhone Data Recovery
- 1. Recover iPhone Data Without Backup
- 2. Restore Calendar on iPhone
- 3. Recover Call History on iPhone
- 4. Recover iPhone Lost Data
- 5. Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
- 6. Undelete iPhone Backup Files
- 7. Recover Deleted iPhone Messages
- iPhone Data Restore
- 1. Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup
- 2. Restore iPhone after Downgrade
- 3. Restore iPhone from Backup
- 4. Restore iPhone from iPad Backup
- 5. Restore iPhone from DFU Mode
- 6. Restore iPhone Deleted Text Message
- iPhone Backup Problems
- 1. Find iPhone Backup Location on Mac
- 2. iPhone Backup Password Never Set
- 3. iPhone Backup Password Forget
- 4. iCloud Backup Taking Forever
- 5. iPhone Won't Backup to iCloud
- 6. iTunes Won't Backup iPhone
- iPhone Restore Problems
- 1. iTunes Stuck on Verifying iPhone
- 2. Not Space to Restore iPhone Backup
- 3. iTunes Backup Not Restoring
- 4. iPhone Won't Restore
- WhatsApp Backup & Restore
- 1. WhatsApp from Google Drive to iOS
- 2. Restore Old WhatsApp Backup
- 3. Restore WhatsApp Chat on iPhone
- 4. Restore WhatsApp Stuck on iPhone
- 5. iPhone WhatsApp to Google Drive
- 6. Back Up WhatsApp on iPhone
- iPhone Backup Tips
- 1. Extract Data From iPhone
- 2. Encrypt iPhone Backup
- 3. Reset iPhone Backup Password
- 4. Extract iPhone Backup in Win 10
- 5. How Long take iPhone to Backup
- 6. Find iPhone Backup Location
- 7. iPhone Backup Password
- 8. View iPhone Backup on Computer
- 9. iPhone Backup with iTunes/iCloud
- 10. iPhone Backup Unlockers
- 11.How To Encrypt iPhone Backup
- 12. Best Backup Chargers for iPhone
- 13. Speed Up Your iPhone Backups
- 14. Save Data When iPhone Disabled
- 15.Check Last Backup on iPhone