How to Remove Activation Lock Without Previous Owner 2021?
Activation lock is perhaps one of the best phone security inventions for users. Apple launched this security feature years ago to minimize thefts and perversion. Due to the activation lock, it is nearly improbable to access the phone without valid credentials. With the array of benefits, this feature appears like a blessing. However, although it is rare, there is a darker side as well.
In some cases, the user legitimately finds himself stuck in a situation where he seems to struggle with an Activation locked device. The reason can vary, but the recovery process can be exasperating. Fortunately, the right approach and alternatives can help with the situation. This article will help you learn simple and effective techniques to remove the activation lock without previous owner.
- Part 1: Remove activation lock without previous owner Using Dr.Fone [iOS 9 and up]
- Part 2: Remove Activation Lock Without Previous Owner Using A Purchase Proof
- Part 3: How To Remove Activation Lock Without Previous Owner via DNS?
- Part 4: How to remove activation lock without previous owner via the iCloud web?
Part 1: How to remove activation lock without previous owner using third-party software?
If you have been looking to remove the activation lock without a previous owner, Dr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS) has got your back. The following steps will help you to remove the iCloud activation lock.
1.1 Steps To Use Dr.Fone
Dr.Fone will help you access your iOS device with a couple of clicks. Follow the instructions below to remove find my iPhone/ iPad activation lock without a previous owner:
Step 1. Install Dr.Fone on the program and select Screen Unlock.
Step 2. Navigate to Unlock Apple ID.
Step 3. Select Remove Active Lock.
Step 4. jailbreak your iPhone.
Step 5. Tick in the warning message and agree to the terms.
Step 6. Confirm the device model information.
Step 7. Start to remove the iCloud activation lock.
Step 8. The activation lock will be removed in a few seconds.
Once you remove the activation lock, your phone will become a phone without any lock.
1.2 Points To Remember
- You must follow the correct instructions to jailbreak your iPhone on your Windows computer.
Part 2: How To Remove Activation Lock Without Previous Owner Using Purchase Proof?
In case you purchase a refurbished or old iPhone or iPad from someone, chances are the iPhone or iPad has an activation lock on it. This activation lock will prevent you from using the phone you have purchased until the previous owner logs in to their iCloud account to remove the Activation Lock. If you do not have any access to the previous owner, but you have valid purchase proof with you, you can directly contact Apple. They will remove Activation Lock from your device if your purchase documents are legit.
There are two ways to ask for Apple support:
- You can visit the Apple store along with the purchase proof.
- Call Apple Support for remote assistance in removing the Activation Lock.
Their representatives will provide you the necessary support and assistance during the process.
Part 3: How To Remove Activation Lock Without Previous Owner via DNS?
Activation locks are difficult to get through, but fortunately, few methods work. DNS method can also help you bypass the activation lock and access your device. The best part is, you don't need the previous owner or proof of purchase.
DNS method is an effective technique to remove find my iPhone activation lock without the previous owner. It works for the operating system running in the older versions. It is a simple technique for a technical person, and it works for both iPhone and iPad. This method utilizes the Wifi DNS settings of the device. Follow the steps:
- Set up the iPhone as a new device.
- Connect to a WiFi network on the Wifi settings page.
- Tap the “i” icon next to your network name.
- On the next screen, tap on the Configure DNS option.
- Choose the Manual option from the top.
- Use one of the following DNS values.
- Your phone will be unlocked.
- This process can be manually done using Wi-Fi settings.
- It doesn't need any external device or software.
- The process might be a little complicated for a non-technical person to operate.
- The method may not work for the latest versions of the iPhone or iPad.
Part 4: How to remove activation lock without previous owner via the iCloud web?
If you can not reach the previous owner, but you are still in touch with them, they can still unlock your phone remotely by following a set of instructions. This whole process can be performed remotely with the help of iCloud web. If your previous owner cooperates, they can help with the process.
The process will involve a few steps to remove your iPhone from their account remotely. After this process, you can set your device as a new phone. The activation lock will be permanently gone from your phone.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on removing my iPhone/iPad activation lock without the previous owner using the iCloud web. You can share these steps with the previous owner :
- Open iCloud website in a browser.
- Sign in to the existing iCloud account in use with the locked iPhone.
- Once you are logged in, click on the option that says Find iPhone.
Now you can remotely perform actions on your phone. Further :
- Click on the drop-down named All Devices and choose your iPhone.
- Click on Erase iPhone.
By now, you are familiar that there are many ways to bypass activation lock. So, If you face a situation with the activation lock, you will have a couple of options to get through the situation. Just choose the correct method and approach according to your circumstances and availability of resources. If you are a seller, you should disable the activation lock before selling your phone. Erasing the device back to factory settings will not put the buyer in any trouble.
To Disable Activation Lock:
Go to settings > Tap your name at the top of list > Tap iCloud > Tap Find My iPhone > Toggle the "Find My iPhone" > Type your Apple ID password.
To Reset The Device:
Go to settings > General > Reset > Click "erase all settings" >Give confirmation > Wait until the process is complete.
We hope this post will help you figure out the right way to remove the Find My iPhone/ iPad Activation Lock without a previous owner. If you have any questions, please leave us in the comment section below.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- iCloud Unlock
- 1. iCloud Bypass Tools
- 2. Bypass iCloud Lock for iPhone
- 3. Recover iCloud Password
- 4. Bypass iCloud Activation
- 5. Forgot iCloud Password
- 6. Unlock iCloud Account
- 7. Unlock iCloud lock
- 8. Unlock iCloud Activation
- 9. Remove iCloud Activation Lock
- 10. Fix iCloud Lock
- 11. iCloud IMEI Unlock
- 12. Get Rid of iCloud Lock
- 13. Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone
- 14. Jailbreak iCloud Locked iPhone
- 15. iCloud Unlocker Download
- 16. Delete iCloud Account without Password
- 17. Remove Activation Lock Without Previous Owner
- 18. Bypass Activation Lock without Sim Card
- 19. Does Jailbreak Remove MDM
- 20. iCloud Activation Bypass Tool Version 1.4
- 21. iPhone can not be activated because of activation server
- 22. Fix iPas Stuck on Activation Lock
- 23. Bypass iCloud Activation Lock in iOS 14
- iCloud Tips
- 1. Ways to Backup iPhone
- 2. iCloud Backup Messages
- 3. iCloud WhatsApp Backup
- 4. Access iCloud Backup Content
- 5. Access iCloud Photos
- 6. Restore iCloud from Backup Without Reset
- 7. Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
- 8. Free iCloud Backup Extractor
- Unlock Apple Account
- 1. Unlink iPhones
- 2. Unlock Apple ID without Security Questions
- 3. Fix Disabled Apple Account
- 4. Remove Apple ID from iPhone without Password
- 5. Fix Apple Account Locked
- 6. Erase iPad without Apple ID
- 7. How to Disconnect iPhone from iCloud
- 8. Fix Disabled iTunes Account
- 9. Remove Find My iPhone Activation Lock
- 10. Unlock Apple ID Disabled Activation Lock
- 11. How to Delete Apple ID
- 12. Unlock Apple Watch iCloud
- 13. Remove Device from iCloud
- 14. Turn Off Two Factor Authentication Apple