Full Guide: How to backup Samsung Galaxy S6/S5/S7
All it takes is one bad update to corrupt your precious smartphone. When an unforeseen situation like this happens, users often end up losing their data. Your smartphone can experience the loss of data due to countless of issues. To make sure that you don’t face such an unwanted scenario, it is always recommended to backup Samsung S6 or any other version. In this informative post, we will provide different methods to backup Samsung S7 and related devices. Let’s get it started!
Part 1: Backup Samsung Galaxy S5/S6/S7 to PC with dr.fone toolkit
This is probably the simplest and most reliable way to backup your Android Device. If you wish to backup Samsung S5, then you can simply take the assistance of dr.fone toolkit. It comes with plenty of remarkable applications, including the Android Data backup and restore. It is currently compatible with more than 8000 devices and will let you take a comprehensive backup of your data in no time.
Flexibly Backup and Restore Android Data
- Selectively backup Android data to computer with one click.
- Preview and restore backup to any Android devices.
- Supports 8000+ Android devices.
- There is no data lost during backup, export or restore.
Though, before you proceed, make sure that you have enabled the USB debugging feature on your phone. Firstly, activate Developer Options by visiting Settings > About Phone and tapping the “Build number” seven times. Now, visit Settings > Developer Options and turn on the feature of USB Debugging.
In order to backup Samsung S6 (or any other version) using the dr.fone toolkit, simply follow these steps:
1. Download Android Data Backup & Restore from its official website right here. Install and launch the interface to get the following welcome screen of the dr.fone toolkit. Out of all the provided options, click on “Data backup & restore” to commence.
2. Connect your device to the system using a USB cable. The application will automatically detect your device in a while. If you get an additional pop-up message (regarding USB Debugging permission), then simply agree to it. From here, you can backup your data, restore previous data or even view backup history. Click on “Backup” in order to backup Samsung S5.
3. The application will automatically let you select the kind of files you want to backup. You can either select the options manually or click on “select all” to perform a comprehensive backup. After making your selections, click on the “Backup” button.
4. Sit back and relax as the application will perform the backup operation. You can know the progress from an on-screen indicator. Make sure that you don’t disconnect your device during this stage.
5. You will get the following congratulatory message as soon as the application will perform the backup operation successfully.
Additionally, you can just click on the “View the backup” button if you wish to see your recent backup data.
Part 2: Backup Samsung S7/S6/S5 with built-in backup feature
If you don’t want to take the assistance of any third-party application, then you can also use Samsung’s inbuilt backup and restore feature as well. It comes with every Samsung device and will let you take a backup of your device without any trouble. Ideally, the backup would be saved on your SD card, but you can always change its location. Backup Samsung S5 and other versions by following these steps:
1. To start with, locate the inbuilt “Backup” app on your device. If you can’t find it, then go to Settings > Backup & Restore to get all these options.
2. The moment you will tap the application, you will get the option to either backup your data or restore it. From the backup section, firstly tap on the “Data” option. This will open another window from where you can select the kind of data you want to backup. After performing the respective selections, just tap on the “Backup” button.
3. When it is done, go back and tap on the “Application” option. Again, you can just select the data related to certain applications you want to save. Just click on the “Backup” button when you are done to take a backup of your in-app data.
Part 3: Backup Samsung S7/S6/S5 with Titanium (Root required)
Titanium is another popular application that can help you take a complete backup of your date. Though, it is a reliable app, but it works only on rooted device. On the other hand, the above-mentioned methods don’t require you to root your device. Nevertheless, if you have a rooted device, then you can easily take its backup using Titanium. If you wish to backup Samsung S7 using Titanium, then simply perform these steps:
1. Firstly, download the Titanium app from Play Store right here. You can initially try the free version or go for a pro version, if needed. Install and launch the application on your phone. If it asks for a SuperUser access, simply grant it and proceed.
2. After launching it, tap on the “Backup/Restore” option. Now, tap on the menu button to get various options. Out of them, select “Batch” to take a comprehensive backup of your device. Again, you will get an option to customize your backup. Just tap on the “Backup all user apps + system data” to take a complete backup of your phone.
3. The interface will ask you to kill certain active applications. Just select them and tap the “Kill active apps” option. Once it is done, tap on the “Run the batch operation” to backup your data. Wait for a while as it will backup Samsung S6 or any other device of yours. The interface will prompt you whenever the entire operation would be completed successfully.
Part 4: Copy and transfer media files on S5/S6/S7 to computer manually
If nothing else seems to work, then you can always go the old-fashioned way and backup Samsung S7 manually. Though, it might be a little time-consuming and might not give productive results as well (by missing in-app or any other kind of data). Nevertheless, if you don’t want to use any third-party app and want to take a manual backup of your data, then simply follow these steps.
1. Start by connecting your phone to your computer with the assistance of a USB cable. As soon as your phone is connected, you can access it from your computer. It will be listed under “portable devices” in your explorer.
2. Just double-click it in order to access its data. From here, you can copy data from your phone’s memory as well as SD card. Just visit the “Phone” folder and copy the desired content to your computer. For instance, if you wish to backup your camera pictures, then simply copy the DCIM folder and paste it to a safe location on our computer.
3. You can follow the same drill for other folders as well and just transfer them to a safe location (from where you can take a backup afterward).
Go ahead and select your preferred alternative to backup Samsung S5, S6, or S7. I’m sure you would be able to take a comprehensive backup of your device without any trouble with these foolproof methods.
- 1 Android Backup
- Backup Android
- Android Backup Apps
- Android Backup Extractor
- Android App Backup
- Backup Android to PC
- Android Full Backup
- Android Backup Softwares
- Restore Android Phone
- Android SMS Backup
- Android Contacts Backup
- Android Backup Software
- Android Wi-Fi Password Backup
- Android SD Card Backup
- Android ROM Backup
- Android Bookmark Backup
- Backup Android to Mac
- Android Backup and Restore (3 Ways)
- 2 Samsung Backup